Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is definitely a business and should be treated as such by all parties. If we agree to terms and payment is exchanged, neither party has the right to change the agreed-upon terms. If I agree to pay $1,000 to enter a team for a tournament on Memorial Day Weekend, I can not give the tournament only $500 and they can not switch their tournament to July without breaking the terms of the contract. I seriously doubt that any tournaments had verbiage in their agreements for switching dates (other than a possible rain date which would detail the actual date). I hope participants challenge these idiots in court and send the message. Secondly, I hope any tournaments that have not refunded any unused amounts (no field rentals, no refs, no vendors .....) are sent a strong message next year with severely reduced attendance only by severely inferior teams who have always longed to play in said tournament (but were never able to get in because they were so bad). If Jeff Cup does this, I hope their attendance goes from 2,800 North American teams to 600 local rec teams.
    Does this really bother you that much? Given what is going on who cares? You think a refund back to a club will put money in your pocket? Of course not.

Comment

Does this really bother you that much? Given what is going on who cares? You think a refund back to a club will put money in your pocket? Of course not.
      Yes, it does. COVID is certainly not a joke, and it should not be abused as an opportunity to steal money from people .... many of whom are no longer employed.

Comment

Open the country

Comment

Yes, it does. COVID is certainly not a joke, and it should not be abused as an opportunity to steal money from people .... many of whom are no longer employed.
          Agreed if jeff cup doesn’t not issue refunds a class action lawsuit should be initiated

Comment

Agreed if jeff cup doesn’t not issue refunds a class action lawsuit should be initiated
            So you agree with yourself. nice

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              agreed if jeff cup doesn’t not issue refunds a class action lawsuit should be initiated
              youll do nuttin

Comment

Again amazed at the number of people suggesting it's ok to pay for something, not get it and then have the business keep the money. Something about kids soccer makes people react totally differently than they would for almost any other business - and make no mistake about it - kids soccer is, for better or for worse, a business.

Comment

Again amazed at the number of people suggesting it's ok to pay for something, not get it and then have the business keep the money. Something about kids soccer makes people react totally differently than they would for almost any other business - and make no mistake about it - kids soccer is, for better or for worse, a business.
                  Wrong. Here is the deal. These are different times and there are much larger things to be worried about. Somehow I doubt that most club soccer parents are concerned about getting a portion of a clubs entrance fee back from a tournament that may or may not happen in July. These parents are not generally overly strapped for cash if you know what I mean.

Do you have nothing else to do right now except bitch about this when it is May 1 and tournament might happen the end of July?

Comment

Wrong. Here is the deal. These are different times and there are much larger things to be worried about. Somehow I doubt that most club soccer parents are concerned about getting a portion of a clubs entrance fee back from a tournament that may or may not happen in July. These parents are not generally overly strapped for cash if you know what I mean.

Do you have nothing else to do right now except bitch about this when it is May 1 and tournament might happen the end of July?
                    Out of your total fees, tournament costs are small fraction of the total. Entrance fee might be $75 per player plus some coach travel. The bulk of it is coach pay, followed by fields, smaller amounts for ref fees and a fraction for insurance.

Comment

I take your point with respect to tournament fees but it goes to the larger point on various threads dealing with refunds from clubs for the spring portion of the season. I don't think you need to ignore clubs keeping money they aren't entitled to keep just because there are bigger problems going on. And I don't think that just because you have some money means you need to donate it to the club just because that business is having a hard time. I'm not bitching. I'm just contributing to a dialogue on a message board so no need to act high and mighty in your post about me not having anything else to do other than post...

Comment

If only half of your Instacart grocery order showed up, but you still paid full price, you wouldn't want your refund?

Comment

If only half of your Instacart grocery order showed up, but you still paid full price, you wouldn't want your refund?
                          Well folks it's back in action for August 1-3 great timing I'm sure there will be tons of college coaches watching

Comment

Well folks it's back in action for August 1-3 great timing I'm sure there will be tons of college coaches watching
                            What age group ? Boys or girls

Comment

What age group ? Boys or girls
                              02 03 04 boys and girls August 1-3
                              05-10 August 15-16

Comment

02 03 04 boys and girls August 1-3
                                05-10 August 15-16
                                Good luck with that since they stole clubs money with no refund

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X