X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will HS soccer happen?

If so, what will be the protocols?

It should happen as long as we don’t see the rate of hospitalizations starting to drain our health care resources.

Comment

Club have a better chance than HS sports.

NHIAA and the Board of Education have to look across the whole state, look to see impacted areas and also consider transportation and fans into that equation. HS Football games in some areas are packed with fans, while soccer in some places won't see any. But, you have to apply the same rule for all (I believe).

Club soccer being a private entity unless the Governor issues a specific rule against play areas, I can see them opening while schools don't start until next Spring.

Also a good chance I'm full of, it. That happens often enough....

Comment

With many clubs relying on school facilities, I'm sure no school soccer equals no club soccer for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          With many clubs relying on school facilities, I'm sure no school soccer equals no club soccer for them.
          Interesting point. How many clubs are relying on school facilities now.

Many are either private, or town facilities. I could see more leeway on town facilities if they have opened up playgrounds, beaches, etc (which I think will happen in June). Obviously, those who use private facilities are of no concern.

Schools, though, you may have a point. And, if some can get facilities and others can't, does everything get shut down to be "fair". Hmm....

Comment

It all depends on when schools open.

If schools re-open, then there will be sports. If schools do not open, there will not be sports.

It will make ZERO sense to open schools and not have sports.

Comment

It all depends on when schools open.

If schools re-open, then there will be sports. If schools do not open, there will not be sports.

It will make ZERO sense to open schools and not have sports.
              Private sports or HS sports? Agree if you are referring to HS sports; private sports are different and shouldn't be tied to school (unless the facilities are required).

The biggest problem with schools is 20+ kids in a classroom and hundreds of kids roaming a 10' hallway. That's not a concern with private sports in the open air.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the probability of fall sports?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the probability of fall sports?
                  Officially, they haven't planned that far ahead. I believe there is still time to see how the rest of the re-openings go before they need to make a final decision. I'd say by late July there needs to be a go/no-go decision from a school perspective. That gives time to get things in order before practices start in mid-August (?)

Private clubs will likely be a little more flexible as there will be less factors determining participation. On the downside to that, clubs that operate Regionally may be tied to other states' decisions.

Comment

Private sports or HS sports? Agree if you are referring to HS sports; private sports are different and shouldn't be tied to school (unless the facilities are required).

The biggest problem with schools is 20+ kids in a classroom and hundreds of kids roaming a 10' hallway. That's not a concern with private sports in the open air.
                    The players will be fine. Its the teachers and coaches that are at a higher level of risk.

Comment

The players will be fine. Its the teachers and coaches that are at a higher level of risk.
                      If schools aren't open or are severely restricted, clubs who rent school/town fields may be sh** out of luck.

Yes kids will be fine, teachers and staff not so much. Also kids take it home to their families and outside communities. It's not as simple as "the kids will be fine". Colleges have similar issues, with the added complexity of dorm living.

Comment

I think HS soccer will happen this year. In addition, some programs will get stronger with the new ability for former DA kids to now play.

HS will most likely happen. The NFHS has classified soccer as a moderate risk sport. I am pretty confident we will see kids play this fall for schools.

Comment

If we can have protests with people hugging, shouting walking close together we can have high schools and sports open.

Comment

I think HS soccer will happen this year. In addition, some programs will get stronger with the new ability for former DA kids to now play.
                            My son is a Seacoast DA player. With the new MLS-led league that the club joined, he will not be playing high school in the fall.

Comment

Has anyone heard of NHIAA considering HS soccer in the spring?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X