Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think most refs around here are used to watching American sports and don't realize that soccer is not supposed to include a ton of contact.
    I make you correct sir.

Comment

Not the poster but I think refs in general give a little leeway if it's a player's first offense and it isn't glaringly obvious (or if the ref is far away which happens more in HS). However, if a player repeats the ref better shut the sh#t down real quick. It's way too easy to lose control of a game. HS crowds are sometimes larger than club and can not only be more vocal, but you get fans who don't even know the rules of the game. I know ours thinks every time a player hits the ground it must be a foul.
      lmao so true

Comment

that is BS!!!!!! soccer is a contact activity...fouls are part of the game at all levels including the pros and at the world cup. sometimes the referee calls it, sometimes they dont, sometimes they cont. the play because you fouled but lost possession, sometimes the referee was not in the right angle to see what happens, sometimes the referees are retarded.

The problem is the rules are completely discretionary and therefore there is no consistency from one call to the next. This is soccer.
        Look don't get all angry at some poster on TS because your kid is too uncoordinated to play the game without blatantly fouling somebody. Just enjoy it now and maybe HS soccer later where they can get away with it and be glad they aren't playing fortnite all day.

Comment

I don’t think refs want anyone hurt but they often intervene far to late.

Comment

Are refs doing enough to protect kids?

Look don't get all angry at some poster on TS because your kid is too uncoordinated to play the game without blatantly fouling somebody. Just enjoy it now and maybe HS soccer later where they can get away with it and be glad they aren't playing fortnite all day.
            who says i'm angry??? just saying it is what it is.

Comment

Last night we had two Refs a woman and a man. They called the game real tight, every push and trip was called. They were consistent. Kept the game under control. Game went to double OT and the offensive team was fouled in the box. The guy Ref called it but in came the Woman Ref. She was the furthest from the play. They over ruled the call and made it a hand ball against the offensive team. They blew a really well called game I just don't get it. PK's are part of the game and if it decides it in the end so be it. SMH

Comment

Last night we had two Refs a woman and a man. They called the game real tight, every push and trip was called. They were consistent. Kept the game under control. Game went to double OT and the offensive team was fouled in the box. The guy Ref called it but in came the Woman Ref. She was the furthest from the play. They over ruled the call and made it a hand ball against the offensive team. They blew a really well called game I just don't get it. PK's are part of the game and if it decides it in the end so be it. SMH
                I was at the game, but honestly your team was awful, as was your kid, poor showing by your team all around....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2567646]I was at the game, but honestly your team was awful, as was your kid, poor showing by your team all around....[/QUOTE

You totally make no sense. Go away or better yet go back to BOTN where you belong.

Comment

sounds like you are anti-woman as referees.....whats up with that? we are year 2019 not 1819.

Comment

Not the poster but I think refs in general give a little leeway if it's a player's first offense and it isn't glaringly obvious (or if the ref is far away which happens more in HS). However, if a player repeats the ref better shut the sh#t down real quick. It's way too easy to lose control of a game. HS crowds are sometimes larger than club and can not only be more vocal, but you get fans who don't even know the rules of the game. I know ours thinks every time a player hits the ground it must be a foul.
                      Small fouls etc don't warrant yellow cards unless they are repeated by the same person. Biggest problem is when a huge foul occurs and it's let go and then it sets the tone for the rest of the game. Worse thing is when you get a ref who says he doesn't like to stop the game for every foul and lets EVERYTHING go. Accident waiting to happen.

Comment

Hence the problem with two refs. You'd almost rather there was one (makes the offsides/sideliness tough) if you can't have a full staff of three.

Two different views/opinions/ways to call the game and neither has absolute power.

Comment

Hence the problem with two refs. You'd almost rather there was one (makes the offsides/sideliness tough) if you can't have a full staff of three.

Two different views/opinions/ways to call the game and neither has absolute power.
                          i'm a ref...sometimes (not all ways) we let play continue after a foul is committed, its called "play possession" and part of the game...get basic training as a ref, then talk!!!!...of course parents are experts on the sidelines!!!!

Comment

i'm a ref...sometimes (not all ways) we let play continue after a foul is committed, its called "play possession" and part of the game...get basic training as a ref, then talk!!!!...of course parents are experts on the sidelines!!!!
                            Thanks, I was a ref as well and don't disagree with what you said. Not sure why you said it in reply to my post, though.

I hated the two-ref system and stopping doing HS because of it. I'm a player, too, (and a fan) and have the ability to see all sides and how calls are reacted to.

As for your "play possession" comment...yes...of course you let it play on. But, you should acknowledge the foul and your reasons for continuing to play if it's an advantage. You just don't swallow your whistle.

Comment

Thanks, I was a ref as well and don't disagree with what you said. Not sure why you said it in reply to my post, though.

I hated the two-ref system and stopping doing HS because of it. I'm a player, too, (and a fan) and have the ability to see all sides and how calls are reacted to.

As for your "play possession" comment...yes...of course you let it play on. But, you should acknowledge the foul and your reasons for continuing to play if it's an advantage. You just don't swallow your whistle.
                              yes i agree, but sometimes the action is happening quickly and sometimes we don't all ways have time to say "possession"....we are after all human.

Comment

yes i agree, but sometimes the action is happening quickly and sometimes we don't all ways have time to say "possession"....we are after all human.
                                Sorry, but you have to.

And, it's an "advantage" not "possession". There's no time limit when you have to let everyone know. You see a foul, take a moment to see if it's advantageous to let it go or call it, and then just make the verbal instruction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X