Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think we're saying the same thing. If she wasn't with the U20s now, who do have a World Cup in another month, she would be at the full WNT camp.
    We're emphasizing different things. I'm saying she's only with the U20s because the Sr team has no major competition on the horizon.

Comment

This is 100% about the wage dispute. Sending a little message... sad but true
      LLoyd and Sauerbrunn were both on the lawsuit as well, and they are still on the roster.

Comment

Very sad.
        Nothing to do with that...Jill was in complete support of that

Comment

Anyone watching the game tomorrow

Comment

Not a bad showing by the newbies.

Comment

Williams should be in and Alex out. The new era has begun at forward for the USWNT.

Comment

Williams should be in and Alex out. The new era has begun at forward for the USWNT.
                Morgan is too young and skilled to be pushed out. But Williams could take someone like Press.

Williams would be a huge asset coming off the bench. Imagine defending Pugh and Morgan and then having Williams come in at sixty or seventy minutes ..now that would be an attack

Comment

I'm a big Press fan. IMO she is much better than Morgan.

Comment

Agreed. I wouldn't consider Morgan skillful as well. Press is a deadly finisher.

Comment

Coaches don't see too

Stats don't back

Morgan 68 goals. 113 caps. Nearly a goal a per 90 minutes (.87). 27 years old

Press 33 goals. 69 caps. Narly a goal ever 90 minutes (.83) 27 years old

Comment

Agreed. I wouldn't consider Morgan skillful as well. Press is a deadly finisher.
                        Unless you need her to hit a PK(and Morgan missed the first). In a WC. I'd like to see them both go away.

Comment

I feel like Press has underwhelmed in big games. Morgan has come through. Whether it is the Canada Olympic goal, the WC qualifier vs Mexico or the first WC final vs Japan, Morgan has seized her opportunities and been a difference maker. On the few occasions Press has been thrust into the starting lineup she's been a non-factor in major tournaments. I like Press too but she did not play well in the 15 world cup and didn't have the injury excuse Morgan had.

Comment

Press plays well with others. Put another way, her teammates need to play well for her to shine. Against the top teams the skills and mentality to play well is often missing, so Press is less impressive.

Morgan bases her game more on individual play, out running or overwhelming the opposition. She fits in a counter attack, ball over the top style, which coincidently is the default style the team adopts against tight competition. Makes no difference whether this is a lack of skill by some players, or an ingrained, tough to change mindset. The results are evident.

Press reminds me a bit of Lori Chulpney. Very talented, 2 foot player that struggled to fit a less skillful, counter attack US style.

Comment

Andi Sullivan will be a mainstay for years. Just a junior at Stanford, she is poised, intelligent, and athletic.

Comment

Press plays well with others. Put another way, her teammates need to play well for her to shine. Against the top teams the skills and mentality to play well is often missing, so Press is less impressive.

Morgan bases her game more on individual play, out running or overwhelming the opposition. She fits in a counter attack, ball over the top style, which coincidently is the default style the team adopts against tight competition. Makes no difference whether this is a lack of skill by some players, or an ingrained, tough to change mindset. The results are evident.

Press reminds me a bit of Lori Chulpney. Very talented, 2 foot player that struggled to fit a less skillful, counter attack US style.
                                Except the team didn't play this default over the top style in the 2015 world cup. They played much more high pressure possession against Germany and Japan. I get that this is the default criticism of the womens team but the one game of note they lost recently was against Sweden where they dominated possession.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X