Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. The 15X15 area each of the teams get at soccer city is great for working on those touches. I've seen teams use indoor games for excellent opportunity to develop.
    Contact with a ball doesn't ensure improvement.

Comment

Contact with a ball doesn't ensure improvement.
      Contact with a [stars coach] doesn't ensure improvement.
      There I fix it for you.

Comment

There I fix it for you.
        records would prove otherwise, guess you could waste your money with WUP

Comment

WUP is a joke! What you get is mediocre (at best) soccer training by some overweight daddy coach who knows nothing about coaching soccer. The winter training is lacking, especially for the girls. Stars isn't perfect but at least you get highly experienced, qualified, licensed coaches; good facilities; plenty of opportunities to play in competive tournaments (another thing WUP is lacking). BTW- My daughter is in college now and has been through both of these clubs so I know a thing or two. If I had to choose, it would definitely be FC Stars. Sorry WUP but you need to do better, especially on the coaching piece.

Comment

SW coaching is a joke. The only coach is RL and he is spread so thin

Comment

WUP is a joke! What you get is mediocre (at best) soccer training by some overweight daddy coach who knows nothing about coaching soccer. The winter training is lacking, especially for the girls. Stars isn't perfect but at least you get highly experienced, qualified, licensed coaches; good facilities; plenty of opportunities to play in competive tournaments (another thing WUP is lacking). BTW- My daughter is in college now and has been through both of these clubs so I know a thing or two. If I had to choose, it would definitely be FC Stars. Sorry WUP but you need to do better, especially on the coaching piece.
              Their sideline can be a trip as well...

Comment

SW coaching is a joke. The only coach is RL and he is spread so thin
                RL is absolutely stretched thin and he is about to go under if he doesn't hire coaching staff.

If you are lucky enough to get a real coach at WUP who is not a parent coach, I would consider WUP over Stars West.

Comment

RL is absolutely stretched thin and he is about to go under if he doesn't hire coaching staff.

If you are lucky enough to get a real coach at WUP who is not a parent coach, I would consider WUP over Stars West.
                  Why? He only has 11 teams.

Comment

just are not that many parent head coaches at WUP. Above u10 I can only think of 2. The coaches that were parent coaches were also very qualified coaches. Much more so than any other club in Western Mass can provide. Don't listen to all the bs stars propaganda

Comment

There are definitely more than 2 daddy coaches above u10 at WUP and the teams stay with the same coach until they age out. Let us use the girls u13 and u15 at WUP for example. Dad is the coach, also coaches the town team. Not a single license under their belt. Why the hell would anyone in their right mind dish out thousands for some unqualified dad coach? Beats the hell out of me. Since the merge with FC MA they have acquired a few decent coaches, what they need to do is hire real coaches and build a stronger club because soon FC Stars parents going to get fed up with RL and looking to leave. GPS is also starting to build up a name in western Massachusetts.

Comment

There are definitely more than 2 daddy coaches above u10 at WUP and the teams stay with the same coach until they age out. Let us use the girls u13 and u15 at WUP for example. Dad is the coach, also coaches the town team. Not a single license under their belt. Why the hell would anyone in their right mind dish out thousands for some unqualified dad coach? Beats the hell out of me. Since the merge with FC MA they have acquired a few decent coaches, what they need to do is hire real coaches and build a stronger club because soon FC Stars parents going to get fed up with RL and looking to leave. GPS is also starting to build up a name in western Massachusetts.
                        More lies or you really don't know what you are taking about. The u15 coach doesn't have any children and the u13 coach who is also the u14 coach doesn't have a child on either team. Way to point out your ignorance! U13 and u14 is JS. U15 is EP. Not to mention both coaches are very qualified and if your talking girls coaches JS has played at a higher level than any western mass woman has...oh and she has been on a D1 college staff as well as. How many stars coaches have a that resume? I can tell you... Zero! Next time do your homework instead of believing your stars bs.... What a fool!

Comment

I'm sorry I meant the now u16 coach whose daughter is a junior and still playing JV. WUP has only theee qualified coaches in their staff. u10 and under all get daddy coaches. Pathetic. Western Massachusetts has got to do better.

Comment

I'm sorry I meant the now u16 coach whose daughter is a junior and still playing JV. WUP has only theee qualified coaches in their staff. u10 and under all get daddy coaches. Pathetic. Western Massachusetts has got to do better.
                            Nope wrong once again! U16 is EP and no children in the club. Maybe your thinking of u11? That coach is EM(head coach at UMass) or one of the 3 u18 teams. 1 of those teams does have a parent coach. That along with the 1 of the u10 teams. either way, thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Nope wrong once again! U16 is EP and no children in the club. Maybe your thinking of u11? That coach is EM(head coach at UMass) or one of the 3 u18 teams. 1 of those teams does have a parent coach. That along with the 1 of the u10 teams. either way, thank you for proving my point.
                              JC and JC the dynamo daddy duo, ring a bell? How about the u11 coach who runs the show when EM is tied up traveling for Umass (btw EM has a daughter on the team, I've seen her play, she is not very good at all). U12, daddy coaches both again with daughters on the team. The two u10 teams have dad coaches as well. Get out of here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1939029]JC and JC the dynamo daddy duo, ring a bell? How about the u11 coach who runs the show when EM is tied up traveling for Umass (btw EM has a daughter on the team, I've seen her play, she is not very good at all). U12, daddy coaches both again with daughters on the team. The two u10 teams have dad coaches as well. Get out of here.[/

You are a fool. Really classy of you to pick on a little girl. You should be ashamed of yourself!

I didn't say the club didn't have assistants that were also parents. I also clearly stated that EM was a parent coach. JC is the other coach mentioned. U10 has 3 teams and 4 coaches. Only 1 head coach is a father. 1 the 3 u12 teams does have a parent head coach as well. Along with EM is very much qualified!

What western mass needs is less parents like you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X