Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scary how people have no issue giving away constitutional rights under the guise of "it won't effect me or mine"...
    Not saying it would not get my kid in trouble but if they knew they were being tested maybe they would not do any drugs and that's a goood thing.

Comment

Scary how people have no issue giving away constitutional rights under the guise of "it won't effect me or mine"...
      My guess is that the paper they signed about chemical health rules did not do much good.

Comment

...nitwits with little to lose, who have not worked for what little they have, and who probably get a charge out of f*cking things up for a kid who has schlepped to soccer...or piano...or art or...you name it...four to six days a week since she was 11 years old, all while the nitwit was watching tube and perfecting her social media skills.
        (I have premonitions of this when my 8 year old little Landon spends time at the homes of non-athletes after school and then says "I'm tired...do I have to go to practice tonight?" "DAMN right you do. AND thats the last time you hang out with Tommy Television." Gotta nip these things in the bud.)
        I worry about this all the time with one of my kids, who's experienced bullying before for being a little too "good." I warn her all the time about the double-edged sword of being invited to social gatherings. She's happy to "make the list," but there are no doubt a few kids who would love to have her "hold their beer for them" while they look for their phone or something, only to have someone else snap a picture. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but there are several kids in her class that have earned my distrust.

Comment

Please explain to me where it says in the Constitution that a 16 year old has the right to play on a high school sports team. I'm not as well-versed in civics as I thought.

Comment

Opens up a very slippery slope for sure. Lemmings don't get it though.

Comment

So your kid doesn't play sports in school, because you refused to sign the forms. Plus, you also refused to submit the medical forms, right? That's also none of their business.

Comment

Please explain to me where it says in the Constitution that a 16 year old has the right to play on a high school sports team. I'm not as well-versed in civics as I thought.
                Spot on. Scary how people confuse rights with privilege.

Comment

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/16-p...licy/453452254

Comment

Spot on. Scary how people confuse rights with privilege.
                    Nothing to do with priviledge. The state has zero rationale to drug test students. Seems like you have no issue giving them that right, and probably a whole lot more.

Comment

Hope the snitches are happy with themselves.

Comment

It took place at the home of the Boxford Police Chief.

Comment

Hope the snitches are happy with themselves.
                          The kids posted it on social media. Not smart EVER if you really want to keep something secret.

Plus they put the home owner at a huge liability risk by sneaking in the booze. Maybe not all 16 are guilty, but I have no sympathy for the ones stupid enough to wind up on social media and bring alcohol.

Comment

So who brought the social media activity to the scholl's attention? If the school is doing the monitoring, isn't that a bit intrusive? Which is worse, that or a negative drug screen? If it wasn't the school then you have to wonder about motive don't you.

Comment

ALS cup after party trying to forget the 3-0 loss to Newburyport.

Comment

So who brought the social media activity to the scholl's attention? If the school is doing the monitoring, isn't that a bit intrusive? Which is worse, that or a negative drug screen? If it wasn't the school then you have to wonder about motive don't you.
                                Doesn't matter who brought it to the school's attention, or their motive:

In this day and age, young people need to assume that their actions will be recorded, and posted to social media. Once online, always online. It's the unfortunate reality of smart phones, and instantaneous posting to the internet.

This particular action was in direct violation of the MIAA and School rules / code of conduct for athletes. It sucks for the girls (especially those that may not have been directly involved - other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time), but it's a very painful lesson for all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X