•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No BC All-Americans?

http://www.nscaa.com/web/web/News/Ar..._by_NSCAA.aspx

Two UCONN players and one Harvard from the northeast.
    Not even first team all region for BC.

Comment

Again it is a function of the competition BC faces. If BC strikers faced the same level competition as the Hush Puppies, there is no doubt they would lead the country. None. And the accolades follow.

Comment

Again it is a function of the competition BC faces. If BC strikers faced the same level competition as the Hush Puppies, there is no doubt they would lead the country. None. And the accolades follow.
        BC faced 5 teams ranked in the final coaches poll.
        UConn faced 3

Big deal.

BC's OOC foes were marsh mellows.

Biggest issue for BC was no participation in any postseason activity. Recruits won't like that.

Comment

BC faced 5 teams ranked in the final coaches poll.
          UConn faced 3

Big deal.

BC's OOC foes were marsh mellows.

Biggest issue for BC was no participation in any postseason activity. Recruits won't like that.
          Seriously? I mean really. You're comparing the ACC regular season to the AAC and claiming they are similar. Not a chance.

I agree BC OOC schedule stunk. I also agree recruits want to attend a college with a chance of post season play, and in that regard BC's future looks bleak.

Post season individual accolades are influenced by stats, which are easier to pad in a weaker conference (AAC), and by team record, which is also easier to produce in a weaker conference (AAC).

The lack of AA designations is not a reflection of BC's top talent, but rather a result of a crappy team in a very tough conference. The top players are pretty darn good. Easily equal to the two recognized at UConn (Who are great players. No slight intended.).

Comment

Seriously? I mean really. You're comparing the ACC regular season to the AAC and claiming they are similar. Not a chance.

I agree BC OOC schedule stunk. I also agree recruits want to attend a college with a chance of post season play, and in that regard BC's future looks bleak.

Post season individual accolades are influenced by stats, which are easier to pad in a weaker conference (AAC), and by team record, which is also easier to produce in a weaker conference (AAC).

The lack of AA designations is not a reflection of BC's top talent, but rather a result of a crappy team in a very tough conference. The top players are pretty darn good. Easily equal to the two recognized at UConn (Who are great players. No slight intended.).
            I agree with you on BC's top players being equal. Regarding recruits/chance of post-season play, looks like one of BC's top freshmen has seen the writing on the wall & is getting out of Dodge! Center back SH leaving. Rumor has it going to Stanford. Big loss.

Comment

I agree with you on BC's top players being equal. Regarding recruits/chance of post-season play, looks like one of BC's top freshmen has seen the writing on the wall & is getting out of Dodge! Center back SH leaving. Rumor has it going to Stanford. Big loss.
              Wow!!! BC may be in the basement of the ACC next year. Great conference, but they don't have the talent to compete.

Comment

UConn wanted to join the ACC. I realize it is driven by increased profits in the major sports, but plenty of UConn soccer fans wanted to be in a better conference. They gotta be careful what they wish for..

BC's lack of success at the ACC level should be a cautionary tale for the Hush Puppy faithful.

Comment

The AAC is a bad bad conference to be in. The travel is ridiculous and unnecessary. If UConn were in the ACC the school would profit financially but they would not be close to as successful in women's soccer.
                  Imagine how bad the BC vs. UConn football game would be

Comment

Wow!!! BC may be in the basement of the ACC next year. Great conference, but they don't have the talent to compete.
                    BC has to recruit against BU which gets into ncaa tournament almost every year

Comment

BC doesn't recruit against BU - they are not competing for the same players.

Comment

BU is competing with northeastern and maybe holy cross in Ma and possibly providence or unh in bordering states. BC is competing for ACC level talent and there are players and parents who want their kids in that conference. When BC starts losing players to Syracuse then there's a problem.

Comment

BU is competing with northeastern and maybe holy cross in Ma and possibly providence or unh in bordering states. BC is competing for ACC level talent and there are players and parents who want their kids in that conference. When BC starts losing players to Syracuse then there's a problem.
                          If BC isn't competing with BU and the other local teams, then what is the purpose of this silly thread? Queen of New England! It happens every season, and is opened by BC fans.

Comment

They might not have been competing with BU and other local teams much previously, (although I know a handful of players pursued by both programs), but with their recent results I expect it will become the new normal.

Disappointed Eagle

Comment

BC needs to improve their player attraction and identification system as they are losing local kids to BU, NU, and other area schools. BC still has the edge when recruiting nationally but locally, I don't think kids/parents fall for the BC/ACC schtick. I think most see bottom feeder in the ACC.

Intelligent people would rather compete for a conference championship and get a good education.

Comment

BC needs to improve their player attraction and identification system as they are losing local kids to BU, NU, and other area schools. BC still has the edge when recruiting nationally but locally, I don't think kids/parents fall for the BC/ACC schtick. I think most see bottom feeder in the ACC.

Intelligent people would rather compete for a conference championship and get a good education.
                                what happened to SN ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X