X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wonder if this still applies...
    When I grew up, about half of the better players ended up still being the best in High School. All the factors, size, speed, peaking early, etc would change the hierarchy as kids aged.
    Does this still happen?

A common theme I see on TS is that if your kid isn’t on a DA team that every other form of development is a waste of time and money. How would anybody know what potential a young player has unless they keep challenging themselves against the top players not in DA?
    The thread is entitled ODP region I camp. Plenty of other threads to pst your comment

Comment

I wonder if this still applies...
      When I grew up, about half of the better players ended up still being the best in High School. All the factors, size, speed, peaking early, etc would change the hierarchy as kids aged.
      Does this still happen?

A common theme I see on TS is that if your kid isn’t on a DA team that every other form of development is a waste of time and money. How would anybody know what potential a young player has unless they keep challenging themselves against the top players not in DA?
      Take everything you read on TS as BS with about 1% truth and everthing will start to make much more sense. Many agendas being pushed by competing clubs and many parents who use the site as a validation for their choices or a bitchfest for their mistakes.

Bottom line, no one has a lock on development here and kids develop (or not) at all ages. Some peak early and then fade, some peak late and seem to come out of no where. Genes are the cards you're dealt, but whether you win the game or not has everything to do with how you play your hand. Hard work and grit and determination are just as important as genes.

Comment

Hope your kid is big and fast, skill is optional.
        Hope your kid has got a Decent role model. Because you’re pathetic

Comment

My daughter participated for several years. She was chosen for the boca roster for three years and went away to several international trips. It was worthwhile at that level. Although as she got older had the core not stuck with it I think the level would have dropped some. It seemed like there was increasingly disparity in the roster quality as the years moved on. She didn't participate in her last year of eligibility.

It seemed like many kids who had been to YNT camp or at least considered for participation were largely chosen. They had an excellent team. The core did move forward each year, despite different coaches. Honestly they were all excellent players. All going to top notch schools. However at least 1:3 of the roster was switched in and out of the group.

Comment

Both my kids made Region 1 teams. Both made National ODP camps, tournament rosters, international rosters. Great experience and catapulted their youth careers to ECNL, prep school offers, D1 scholarships. Knock it all you want, naysayers, but ODP has value for those who make it to the regional teams.

Comment

ODP R1 Camp

Let me be honest. My son is headed to the camp but we are expecting it to be a miserable experience for him. He has been playing soccer for only 1.5 years and really isn't very strong. That said, it's always good to challenge yourself. Am i crazy?

Comment

Let me be honest. My son is headed to the camp but we are expecting it to be a miserable experience for him. He has been playing soccer for only 1.5 years and really isn't very strong. That said, it's always good to challenge yourself. Am i crazy?
                Your a moron but I am sure you know that.

Comment

Your a moron but I am sure you know that.
                  Your son is headed to the camp? To watch or play? I wasn’t aware that players have been notified yet.

Comment

Your son is headed to the camp? To watch or play? I wasn’t aware that players have been notified yet.
                    They haven't!

Comment

Kids aren’t notified until after mini-camp in June.

Comment

Kids aren’t notified until after mini-camp in June.
                        In the youngest age group (OP) everyone goes. No selection needed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X