Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are some U19 teams playing in the U18 cups and not the U19 cups?
    I was wondering that myself, but might be due to the age of the kids on the team.

Comment

I was wondering that myself, but might be due to the age of the kids on the team.
      My guess is that they are in the bracket to which they play in the league? U18 & U19 are pretty fluid brackets because the teams at that age are usually combined anyway due to the stupid birth year change (1/2 of the 99’s are already graduated).

Comment

My guess is that they are in the bracket to which they play in the league? U18 & U19 are pretty fluid brackets because the teams at that age are usually combined anyway due to the stupid birth year change (1/2 of the 99’s are already graduated).
        Bingo

Comment

Why are some U19 teams playing in the U18 cups and not the U19 cups?
          Which teams, in particular, are U19 in U18 brackets? I don't see them (it just looks like 2000's in both boys and girls). I see 99\00 teams in the U19 brackets which you would expect because of the birth year change.

https://www.nepstatecups.com/nep-premier-brackets.html

Comment

Which teams, in particular, are U19 in U18 brackets? I don't see them (it just looks like 2000's in both boys and girls). I see 99\00 teams in the U19 brackets which you would expect because of the birth year change.

https://www.nepstatecups.com/nep-premier-brackets.html

You need to click on state cup link from NEP site

https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...er=Boys&Age=18

Comment

The New England Premiership is proud to hosts its 4th annual US Club Soccer sanctioned Massachusetts Cup. Building on previous years' success, the MA Cup is open to all NEP member teams and guest teams registered under US Club Soccer. U13 - U19 boys' and girls' teams are eligible to register. The tournament will have two levels; SUPER GROUP and PREMIER GROUP. The SUPER GROUP champion at each of the U13-U19 age groups qualifies directly for the National Cup XVII Finals, (US Club Soccer's cup-based national competition), to be held on July 20-24, at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, CO. PREMIER GOUP finalists will be entered into a playoff versus Northeast Soccer League (NSL) finalists as part of the US Youth Soccer Massachusetts State Cup, vying for an opportunity to earn a bid into the US Youth Soccer Eastern Regional Championships held on June 29 - July 1 in Spotsylvania, VA. All age groups will play 11v11 format with the Semi-Finals and Finals taking place on June 2-3. Both PREMIER and SUPER GROUP will follow a single game elimination format, varying based on number of teams entered per age/group. Any scheduling problems contact Charlie Fuentes at charlie@newenglandpremiership.com

Comment

These teams with 'NPL' in their title who sell themselves as competing in the NPL league yet enter the second level competition really should have their automatic NPL spots removed.

They're publicly admitting that they don't think they can compete with that level of competition.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

These teams with 'NPL' in their title who sell themselves as competing in the NPL league yet enter the second level competition really should have their automatic NPL spots removed.

They're publicly admitting that they don't think they can compete with that level of competition.
                    Do they get to choose their placement or do the state cup organizers do placements. I assume they decide who gets first round byes and who doesn’t, within each bracket, so maybe they have decided which teams are deemed good enough for Super Group and which are not.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2219281]Do they get to choose their placement or do the state cup organizers do placements. I assume they decide who gets first round byes and who doesn’t, within each bracket, so maybe they have decided which teams are deemed good enough for Super Group and which are not.[/QUOTE

Can't speak for the Super group but watching this video for how the Premier group brackets were built, it appears it was random generation via computer that teams got first-round byes.

https://www.nepstatecups.com/bracket...ng-videos.html

Comment

Would you say the Super Group would be the stronger teams and the Premier Group the weaker teams?

Comment

Would you say the Super Group would be the stronger teams and the Premier Group the weaker teams?
                          I am going to refrain from making a sarcastic comment, and just say “yes”

Comment

Both NEFC and GPS have teams that traditionally play U-19 playing in the U18 state cup (super and premier). The NEFC team is one of the better in the state at U19....why they are playing u18 is a head scratcher.

Comment

Both NEFC and GPS have teams that traditionally play U-19 playing in the U18 state cup (super and premier). The NEFC team is one of the better in the state at U19....why they are playing u18 is a head scratcher.
                              Not sure if NEFC team is playing in U18 state cup. One would have to assume they qualify for that age group. I could be wrong, but the age rule might be different for state cup?

From what I can tell the difference between the two groups was ranked correctly.

Comment

I am going to refrain from making a sarcastic comment, and just say “yes”
                                Why would the Stars NPL teams be in the Premier Group then?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X