Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DA Clubs for 2018-2019 Announced!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought NEFC was getting older age groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not going to happen. You already have the Revs Academy, Bolts Academy and Seacoast Academy. This region can't support another full Boys DA.

Comment

Not going to happen. You already have the Revs Academy, Bolts Academy and Seacoast Academy. This region can't support another full Boys DA.
        Yes, talked to a bunch of parents very sure that all the U12 teams in the area would get U13/14 expansions this year and eventually full DA, along with NEFC. They completely missed the point that all these clubs at the younger ages are just to cut down on travel. There had to be a weeding process toward the older ages, thus a pyramid of age groups with DA, not a square.

Comment

Most expansion clubs only get the younger teams first. Once they prove themselves then more ages are added. NYCFC got theirs fast and now NYC is almost full after just a short time

Comment

Different level for who... the soccer moms who think it's so cool to play DA? My kid plays two sports so we'd never be able to commit to DA, but honestly... my guess is he'll be better off in the long run. Time will tell, I suppose.
            If he’s not playing, why are you posting an opinion?
            Truth is, you’re providing an excuse why he didn’t make the grade...shallow

Comment

Yes, talked to a bunch of parents very sure that all the U12 teams in the area would get U13/14 expansions this year and eventually full DA, along with NEFC. They completely missed the point that all these clubs at the younger ages are just to cut down on travel. There had to be a weeding process toward the older ages, thus a pyramid of age groups with DA, not a square.
              That is true too, but lately USSF seems to care about market share so I think more clubs will get full status in a year or two. They gave MO older ages back after taking it away not long ago

Comment

Yes because u12’s need to drive all over the Region to play. Waste of time just a money grab.

Comment

Imagine if people started picking clubs based on the level of coaching, if it is an appropriate club for their child’s development and whether the club have a style of play. What would happen? You’d still have good players going to play in college.

If your sole interest is what league then take a long hard look at yourself. If you disagree that’s because your child plays next to zero minutes in the da but has a nice patch on their sleeve.

Comment

Imagine if people started picking clubs based on the level of coaching, if it is an appropriate club for their child’s development and whether the club have a style of play. What would happen? You’d still have good players going to play in college.

If your sole interest is what league then take a long hard look at yourself. If you disagree that’s because your child plays next to zero minutes in the da but has a nice patch on their sleeve.
                    Imagine that DA has most of the best players and will soon have all of them. Imagine that theae players will attract the best coaches. Now imagine your kid not being a part of this. Feel good now?

Comment

The Stars obviously put their best players in ECNL. So until they move over the BEST players aren’t I. dA

Comment

The Stars obviously put their best players in ECNL. So until they move over the BEST players aren’t I. dA
                        Stars put business ahead of player development. Nice.

Comment

Imagine that DA has most of the best players and will soon have all of them. Imagine that theae players will attract the best coaches. Now imagine your kid not being a part of this. Feel good now?
                          Only it doesn't. Many top players choosing ISL over DA. Player talent is highly variable, especially at non MLS clubs where they ability to pay matters more than skill. Coaching quality all over the board - just ask Revs parents, or better look at their performance. As a league BDA may be #1 but locally the DA options blow.

Comment

I would feel fine. End goal Is the same and good players not in the da always end up playing st college. If going to a d1 school and not playing is the end goal then da might be perfect. I guess you are one of those who struggles when people do things without you... FOMO!!! Don’t worry you’ll get college coaches to your da games, they’ll also be at non da tournaments as well.

Comment

Being on a DA team is a far better situation than GPS. It's a different level.
                              Generally Pathetic Soccer

Comment

Stars put business ahead of player development. Nice.
                                Players and their parents decide. It should not be up to the club to decide, you effing communist. Go back over the pond.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X