X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I need to ask this question.

Who has the free time to monitor and rank 13 year old girls soccer teams? I go to every one of my kid's games and I don't even know who the team (an NPL team) plays week to week, never mind where they rank in relationship to each other.
    Yet you are on TS. Kind of like someone at AA calling everyone else Drunks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Not really.

Comment

Not really. Someone pointed me to the site a while back and I will browse it from time to time for entertainment. I can't for the life of me see being so invested in ranking of 13 year olds and predicting what team is better pre-season, etc.
        13 year olds people, let em have fun.

Comment

Not really. Someone pointed me to the site a while back and I will browse it from time to time for entertainment. I can't for the life of me see being so invested in ranking of 13 year olds and predicting what team is better pre-season, etc.
          I agree. I think this started with the 2002s. Let those crazies make lists. I cannot see this going anywhere good when you are talking about young girls.

Comment

I agree. I think this started with the 2002s. Let those crazies make lists. I cannot see this going anywhere good when you are talking about young girls.
            Why don't you just avoid this thread if it makes you uncomfortable. Let those who want to make lists, make their lists. I never will understand those that seek to tell others what they should and should not do when it comes to our posting on TS and the decisions people make for their families.

Comment

I for one don't mind listing however I believe the previous posts bring a valid point of 'what's the point' .....and we will have entrainment answered soon by someone.

Fact is The crazy age is 2002 parents. They have left so perhaps there can be a differ way to approach the listing

Comment

so perhaps there can be a differ way to approach the listing
                And that is exactly what List Guy told us to do, find our own voice.

Comment

And that is exactly what List Guy told us to do, find our own voice.
                  So the 2003 thread is about some list? I thought there would be more informative posts than that. And people aren't concerned about making lists about 13 year olds? Bizarre. Have fun, I think?

Comment

So the 2003 thread is about some list? I thought there would be more informative posts than that. And people aren't concerned about making lists about 13 year olds? Bizarre. Have fun, I think?
                    And what did you think would be informative in this thread?

Comment

Massachusetts ECNL is going to come down to 2 teams for the best in the state...Stars & NEFC - good luck girls.
                      Two teams for best ECNL in the state not best club soccer team in the state.

Comment

So don't and shut up about it already if you don't have anything to add to the conversation.

Comment

So don't and shut up about it already if you don't have anything to add to the conversation.
                          Shut up about it already? You are the one who dug up an old post so you could post the response above. Not the OP, but it seems like you care an awful lot about ranking girls, which many of us think is downright weird.

Comment

Not the abusive poster, nor the list master from gu13, but I did read and enjoy his posts, and wish his D was an 03. He was never abusive, never mentioned individuals (only teams), and admitted at the end of each season that his list was a reflection of our collective dysfunction. I encourage you to read a few - you're on TS, so you clearly have time.

Comment

What I remember most is List Guy at the end calling his List nothing but rubbish. Once his ream was out, the List to him meant nothing anymore. So what was the true motivation? The List was wrong in the end and was an excuse for some to be ignorant.

Comment

I did call The List rubbish, and my point was that I, and most other parents on sideline I encounter, take the outcome of gu1x soccer waaaay to seriously, including posting and following an anonymous list on TS. Doesn't mean I won't continue to do it. It was fun for me, and from what I can tell, it generated interest and dialogue, especially when people disagreed.

An important clarification is that I chose to sign off at a time when my D and most teams were still very much in State Cup. Those results told their own story, and didn't need a list.

Next fall however is a very different story. Last year, NPL surprisingly, proved the stronger u13 league. Is that possible again without NEFC? Can SSS boost NPL? Is GPS success sustainable at u13? Will Aztec return to form? Can Stars West make their region proud? I think the 03s have alot of interesting stories. Have fun with it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X