Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the rules for being a "discovery player" in the ECNL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many games can the player play and what obligation is there for the player to join the club after the number games are played? Can a discovery player participate in the ECNL championships? Can the player continue to be a discovery player indefinitely into the following year?
    I don't think there is a limit except the aforementioned restricitions on tournaments where both teams compete. No go on the championship. As long it works the player can remain a discovery player.

Comment

So is there still an IDP program? How does it work? 12 year olds getting to go head to head with 17 year olds? And the 17 year olds go against 30 year olds from the WNT? Seriously, how does it work? I'm thinking about moving my kid over to NEFC and would like to know. And given the constant pummeling from "some" of you please don't just refer me to the website that doesn't really say anything.

Comment

I don't think there is a limit except the aforementioned restricitions on tournaments where both teams compete. No go on the championship. As long it works the player can remain a discovery player.
        Sure about the championship? Is there any reason a player couldn't play for both clubs and not be listed as a discovery player?

Comment

So is there still an IDP program? How does it work? 12 year olds getting to go head to head with 17 year olds? And the 17 year olds go against 30 year olds from the WNT? Seriously, how does it work? I'm thinking about moving my kid over to NEFC and would like to know. And given the constant pummeling from "some" of you please don't just refer me to the website that doesn't really say anything.
          You might want to because all of their IDP players apparently can play wherever they want. If your 12 yo kid can stay on the field with a 17 yo why in the world would you want them playing on a team with a bunch of other 12 yos?

Comment

You might want to because all of their IDP players apparently can play wherever they want. If your 12 yo kid can stay on the field with a 17 yo why in the world would you want them playing on a team with a bunch of other 12 yos?
            When you have talent, you can play wherever the heck you want!! Now the rules make it so the club doesn't actually matter.

Comment

Sure about the championship? Is there any reason a player couldn't play for both clubs and not be listed as a discovery player?
              Sorry, yes they can play in championship. I'm not sure if it would be obvious except on the player card and official roster. Website probably wouldn't indicate the difference one way or the other.

Comment

And that helps the 17 year olds, how? How is the program going? How many days a week are these 12 year olds getting this very specialized, advanced training? What are the long-term psychological diva effects of such a program? Or does it really not happen but sounded good on TS and on the website during sweeps season?

Comment

So ECNL is actually wide open. If I were JD I would form an alliance with NEFC and dual roster as many of their top players as he can get before the Breakers get the bright idea.

Comment

So ECNL is actually wide open. If I were JD I would form an alliance with NEFC and dual roster as many of their top players as he can get before the Breakers get the bright idea.
                    I dont think this is a new concept. What makes you think any club is just going to loan out their players like that?

Comment

Not really, you are limited to 2.

Comment

And that helps the 17 year olds, how? How is the program going? How many days a week are these 12 year olds getting this very specialized, advanced training? What are the long-term psychological diva effects of such a program? Or does it really not happen but sounded good on TS and on the website during sweeps season?
                        You won't get any real answers. They just want to stay focused on pounding Stars.

Comment

Why are you worried if it is not your kid? How do you think you develop superstar players, keep them on some U12 team with a bunch of kids who probably won't even make their high school team? You might go talk to a few sports psychologists about how you develop the emotional side of a future superstar before you go criticizing things you clearly don't understand.

Comment

Not really, you are limited to 2.
                            for all age groups?

Comment

Why are you worried if it is not your kid? How do you think you develop superstar players, keep them on some U12 team with a bunch of kids who probably won't even make their high school team? You might go talk to a few sports psychologists about how you develop the emotional side of a future superstar before you go criticizing things you clearly don't understand.
                              Still didn't answer. And the 17 year olds?

99% of what you post has nothing to do with your kid so let's not make that the litmus test for posting, please.

Comment

for all age groups?
                                Per age

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X