Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you were to put USYS DA ECNL teams all in the same league you would find out that it's the same as it's always been..

Crossfire WA top team
    Washginton USYS top teams like PAC NW and Spokane
    Washington premier (sometimes they have a random really good team)
    Seattle Reign
    Big gap
    Idaho
    Oregon teams of any affiliation minus the random onyx or GPS. Does not matter if they are Ecnl DA or USYS. The problem is the Ecnl or DA idiots trying to lie by association.

It's always been this way and continues to be. It isn't even close if the top teams play each other. If you don't know this than you are only going to be fooled by US soccer or Ecnl or USYS national league bull crap.
    That was my point. It doesn't matter because both ECNL and DA are crap in the NW. It does not matter what patch they wear on their jersey.

Comment

Is the FC Portland 05 DA team collapsing? So many at BSC practice tonight.

Comment

Is the FC Portland 05 DA team collapsing? So many at BSC practice tonight.
        This is a teenage girl thread. The Boys 05 thread is here: http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...46854&page=687

Comment

Burlingame was out during the winter.
          What about Lamorinda? Do they still have a U14 team? Did they play against the Thorns last week - still no game report a week later.

Comment

Did Burlingame bail on GDA midseason? Their May games against thorns already show thorns winning every one 3-0.
            Burlingame was Regularly losing 7-0. So a 3-0 forfeit is a huge win for them.

Comment

What about Lamorinda? Do they still have a U14 team? Did they play against the Thorns last week - still no game report a week later.
              Haven’t heard they’re out too. CalNorth top teams almost all stayed ECNL so GDA will keep anyone they can. Burlingame was so out of their league that even they wanted out. Don’t forget that very few GDAs are funded so those parents were also paying through the nose for those beat downs. There is a point at which the even a shiny patch loses its allure.

Comment

Haven’t heard they’re out too. CalNorth top teams almost all stayed ECNL so GDA will keep anyone they can. Burlingame was so out of their league that even they wanted out. Don’t forget that very few GDAs are funded so those parents were also paying through the nose for those beat downs. There is a point at which the even a shiny patch loses its allure.
                GDA is in big trouble. Lots of clubs preparing to pull out at the end of the season. Look for a big announcement from ECNL in the near future about literally dozens of clubs ditching GDA for ECNL. Like everything else US Soccer touches, the GDA is a complete and utter failure.

Comment

GDA is in big trouble. Lots of clubs preparing to pull out at the end of the season. Look for a big announcement from ECNL in the near future about literally dozens of clubs ditching GDA for ECNL. Like everything else US Soccer touches, the GDA is a complete and utter failure.
                  Made up lie.

Comment

Maybe they decided to turn their energy to fixing the mens/boys program? They have plenty of time on their hands during the world Cup. Catch up with laundry, mow the lawn, write their congressmen, fix the da program, fix the leaky faucet, watch World cup on TV.

Comment

Made up lie.
                      That poster has at least one thing right in my opinion. GDA is a failure, especially if their goal was to ‘improve’ Oregon girls soccer. Name one good thing. Mediocre results. The Thorns name used to look good on a resume with elusive comparatives but now it’s blasted that Oregon soccer is mediocre. Oh well. At least they are having fun, even if it’s at the expense of OYSA families pouring money into Peregrine. Way to go ALL for giving a few elite Oregon girls trips to play mediocre, fun soccer games.

Comment

That poster has at least one thing right in my opinion. GDA is a failure, especially if their goal was to ‘improve’ Oregon girls soccer. Name one good thing. Mediocre results. The Thorns name used to look good on a resume with elusive comparatives but now it’s blasted that Oregon soccer is mediocre. Oh well. At least they are having fun, even if it’s at the expense of OYSA families pouring money into Peregrine. Way to go ALL for giving a few elite Oregon girls trips to play mediocre, fun soccer games.
                        Speak for yourself. I for one am honored that my fees went up so I could subsidize the Thorns losing 0-4 to Crossfire Premier after one of Oregon’s finest getting sent off in the 8th minute. Thorns is doing us proud and the scores of college scouts in attendance were no doubt wowed by the mature and skilled level of soccer displayed by the most elite players in Oregon history.

Comment

Speak for yourself. I for one am honored that my fees went up so I could subsidize the Thorns losing 0-4 to Crossfire Premier after one of Oregon’s finest getting sent off in the 8th minute. Thorns is doing us proud and the scores of college scouts in attendance were no doubt wowed by the mature and skilled level of soccer displayed by the most elite players in Oregon history.
                          I thought Thornz Asylum were supposed to be good, or something. The much vaunted U16/17 team losing to Xfire Premier 4-0? That's way worse than any Oregon ECNL team ever lost to Xfire Premier in year's past. Good to see the Asylum hitting a new low - below what even the worse predictions...

Comment

Must suck to have a local girl who shunned your rec-level program score against you, huh?

Must have been especially helpful to go down to 10 players in the 8th minute because an "elite level" player couldn't keep herself from using her hands to stop a goal scoring opportunity. But it really wouldn't have mattered. Thornz are so bad that they could have played 15v11 and still been throttled completely.

Comment

Must suck to have a local girl who shunned your rec-level program score against you, huh?

Must have been especially helpful to go down to 10 players in the 8th minute because an "elite level" player couldn't keep herself from using her hands to stop a goal scoring opportunity. But it really wouldn't have mattered. Thornz are so bad that they could have played 15v11 and still been throttled completely.
                              Very telling that Ellertson knows better than to let her kid play with Thorns. When a former pro chooses a 5 hour round trip commute for training over playing with the supposedly equivalent local team, that local team is in deep deep trouble.

Comment

Very telling that Ellertson knows better than to let her kid play with Thorns. When a former pro chooses a 5 hour round trip commute for training over playing with the supposedly equivalent local team, that local team is in deep deep trouble.
                                Ellertson used to coach at Thornz Asylum so she knows what it's really like on the inside. Very telling that she wouldn't let her own DD play there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X