Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The quality of players on the ECNL teams is no better than the teams in OYSA. They just have more money so they play in a more expensive league.

The classic example is the FC Portland ECNL 2001 team that played in OYSA for years and finished in 4th place one year and always disappointed in state cup.
    The FC Portland ECNL 2001 girls finished in fourth place in OYSA Premier. That is a really good result. Always disappointment at state cup, but finishing 4th place in OYSA Premier is a big accomplishment for them.

Comment

The FC Portland ECNL 2001 girls finished in fourth place in OYSA Premier. That is a really good result. Always disappointment at state cup, but finishing 4th place in OYSA Premier is a big accomplishment for them.
      That is an okay result, but just makes you wonder is 4th place worth 10k plus with a mediocre coach who plays favorites

Comment

Keep dreaming Timbers honk. There isn't a team in OYSA that could score a goal on any Oregon ECNL team. And no ECNL team has ever played in OYSA. Ever. But Timbers honks aren't too smart, so it's no surprise you're still telling yourself stories to make you feel better about your DD's failures.
        Huh? Maybe I'm missing something, but both FC Portland ECNL teams and Crossfire United teams played in the OYSA fall league, and both are playing in the OYSA state cap this year. And both played last year. So ECNL do play in OYSA.

Comment

Crossfire Ecnl 02 tied Eastside OYSA 5th place this summer. The crossfire team also went on to lose to crossfire wa 3rd team and lose to USYS PAC NW 6-2.

Most of the Ecnl teams in this state would lose to easily to OYSA teams.
          OK, first person is lying about ECNL not playing in OYSA leagues. They do. And they play in the state cup.
          But you're just talking gibberish claiming ECNL teams would lose easily to OYSA. Here and there you can find an OYSA team that can compete with them, but on average, the ECNL teams are better teams, in some cases better than others.

Comment

OK, first person is lying about ECNL not playing in OYSA leagues. They do. And they play in the state cup.
            But you're just talking gibberish claiming ECNL teams would lose easily to OYSA. Here and there you can find an OYSA team that can compete with them, but on average, the ECNL teams are better teams, in some cases better than others.
            On average Ecnl teams from Oregon are no better than OYSA teams and in many cases pretty bad in comparison.

10k a year to get underdeveloped and deal with lying coaches.

Comment

She obviously would have gone D1 but seriously what's with theee parents committing their dd's sophmore year with so much time and exposure ahead? And D1 at UofO is great but with those cocky parents I really expected something more like Stanford or Ucla so I laughed for a really long time to hear that what where she was headed.
              Players commit early for many reasons. Local dream school is one of them. The Thorns Eugen goalie committed to Oregon even earlier than the Salem forward. Every year a couple Oregon girls commit to the Ducks & Beavers at the Frosh-Soph timeframe. This is standard so it’s not the parents trying to jump the gun. Not all play much but some do and they have a shot and I hope they make an impact. Congratulations to both of them and I think they will be good additions to the team. No idea about the Eugene goalie since she got a national team call up but Stanford & UCLA are way beyond the academic and soccer level of not only the Salem player but basically every girl in Oregon. When was the last time an Oregon girl was recruited to either one of those schools? Even if you’re on a YNT, you have to be super smart to get into Stanford. UCLA is much easier to get into than Stanford but much harder than Oregon or Oregon State.

Comment

She obviously would have gone D1 but seriously what's with theee parents committing their dd's sophmore year with so much time and exposure ahead? And D1 at UofO is great but with those cocky parents I really expected something more like Stanford or Ucla so I laughed for a really long time to hear that what where she was headed.
                Having been through this process with a kid who chose to commit to her dream school fairly early I can assure you that I don't know of a single college coach who would let the PARENT commit. Your statement "what's with theee (sp) parents committing their dd's sophomore year..." is factually inaccurate. I think some girls are influenced by parents more than others, but when it comes time to make that actual commitment, it's between player and coach. Not trying to throw shade at all but when your kid gets to that point you'll see. Your statement shows you haven't been through this yet.

Comment

Players commit early for many reasons. Local dream school is one of them. The Thorns Eugen goalie committed to Oregon even earlier than the Salem forward. Every year a couple Oregon girls commit to the Ducks & Beavers at the Frosh-Soph timeframe. This is standard so it’s not the parents trying to jump the gun. Not all play much but some do and they have a shot and I hope they make an impact. Congratulations to both of them and I think they will be good additions to the team. No idea about the Eugene goalie since she got a national team call up but Stanford & UCLA are way beyond the academic and soccer level of not only the Salem player but basically every girl in Oregon. When was the last time an Oregon girl was recruited to either one of those schools? Even if you’re on a YNT, you have to be super smart to get into Stanford. UCLA is much easier to get into than Stanford but much harder than Oregon or Oregon State.
                  This is spot on. And playing for Thorns Academy or either ECNL team won't change this reality one bit. We are who we are in Oregon, and 99.9999% of our players are not at the level to attract attention from the likes of Stanford, Penn, UCLA, etc. The most impressive commit I've seen these last few years is the CU keeper committing to Notre Dame. But for the vast majority of our players, Oregon, Oregon State, occasionally WSU or UW are exactly the appropriate places for our players. If you want a dose of reality, check out the commits (and yes, most of them are sophomore year and some are freshman) for clubs like So Cal Blues, MVLA, etc. Then you'll realize how far behind Oregon is.

Comment

I would bet they would be 6th or 7th in OYSA Premier this year at 2001 age level. Haven't slid too much. Had some good life lessons along the way that they should be thankful for. Most of them have good grades so they can excel in college in other ways besides soccer which is a good thing.

Comment

This is spot on. And playing for Thorns Academy or either ECNL team won't change this reality one bit. We are who we are in Oregon, and 99.9999% of our players are not at the level to attract attention from the likes of Stanford, Penn, UCLA, etc. The most impressive commit I've seen these last few years is the CU keeper committing to Notre Dame. But for the vast majority of our players, Oregon, Oregon State, occasionally WSU or UW are exactly the appropriate places for our players. If you want a dose of reality, check out the commits (and yes, most of them are sophomore year and some are freshman) for clubs like So Cal Blues, MVLA, etc. Then you'll realize how far behind Oregon is.
                      Just to be clear, there definitely are Oregon players offered spots at D1 schools outside of PNW but choose instead to play in-state or in the PNW area. Some do so because they want to go to their families' alma maters. Some want to be near their families. It's no different from players elsewhere making their choices.

The good news is that the number of opportunities for players here to find a school that appeals to them increases.

Verbal commits mean nothing. Only the NLI seals the deal.

Comment

I would bet they would be 6th or 7th in OYSA Premier this year at 2001 age level. Haven't slid too much. Had some good life lessons along the way that they should be thankful for. Most of them have good grades so they can excel in college in other ways besides soccer which is a good thing.
                        You guys are so funny!! It would have been four seasons ago that they would have played in OYSA, but every time i see your posts i think that I bet you guys really rile the parents up when they see your posts. Bwahaaa!!

Comment

It’s great to see Oregon families/players starting to realize they need to settle on options based on the state of Oregon soccer.

Comment

Wow, nice work ladies.

Comment

She is NOT a nice enough girl. She is the meanest, self centered, and most vulgur kids ever. Unfortunately this kids talent does not outweigh her terrible attitude and character and those of us who have had to witness her terrible behavior know she won't go further than college because no one wants to coach a Narcisistic brat.
                              You mean like the time she spit in the face of the black girl who kept easily taking the ball from her? Or the time she elbowed the Hawaiian girl in the face, breaking her nose? Or the time she threw a temper tantrum when she was pulled from a game after spending 60 minutes doing nothing trying to cherry pick and losing the ball every time it came near her? That girl?

Comment

Huh? Maybe I'm missing something, but both FC Portland ECNL teams and Crossfire United teams played in the OYSA fall league, and both are playing in the OYSA state cap this year. And both played last year. So ECNL do play in OYSA.
                                So show us all where FCP ECNL 2001 ever played in OYSA? Never happened, did it? Now, their pre-ECNL team did play 1 season in OYSA, lost just 1 game, and went all the way to the state cup final only to lose on a PK when the "Salem Superstar" did her patented flop and cry to the ref.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X