Is anyone staying at NEFC SE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC is going to be fine just like Bayside. Surf and COVID will go away in the spring of 2021. We will toss out our masks and our SURF jerseys. It will be like a bad dream.
    NEFC and Bayside will rebuild. Liverpool will have gained momentum and be much stronger. Surf will dissolve. We will end up with three solid clubs next year in RI. So ride out 2020, sit back and watch Surf rise and fail. Lots of disappointed players will leave surf next spring and come back to the three main clubs in RI.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NEFC is going to be fine just like Bayside. Surf and COVID will go away in the spring of 2021. We will toss out our masks and our SURF jerseys. It will be like a bad dream.
      NEFC and Bayside will rebuild. Liverpool will have gained momentum and be much stronger. Surf will dissolve. We will end up with three solid clubs next year in RI. So ride out 2020, sit back and watch Surf rise and fail. Lots of disappointed players will leave surf next spring and come back to the three main clubs in RI.
      Yes, good club lineup you list.

the non league acceptance did surf in. Seems surf will instantly burn bridges, so not sure about the future of going into a decent league.
      The high end south county parents children still need a good option to play.

Comment

Yeah I don't think so.

Comment

I am going to keep recommending any club other than SURF to anyone I know. I was a coach and have seen so much dishonesty with SURF stealing players from every single club. They did not come here and build a club in an area that needed a club. They came here selling a dream. Foolish parents saw the marketing campaign and fell hard for being part of the shiny new club from the west coast. But in all honesty this club is a pieced together dishonest marketing scheme in which they do come in as a "big box" buying out bits of all the competition and in the end will sell the same coaches (gps and NEFC) to the same parents with large rosters and watered down competition. Surf will invade every state trying to replicate this marketing pyramid scheme to the detriment of soccer in each state. The coaches they stole are not even that good so it is funny the parents followed those coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            i am going to keep recommending any club other than surf to anyone i know. I was a coach and have seen so much dishonesty with surf stealing players from every single club. They did not come here and build a club in an area that needed a club. They came here selling a dream. Foolish parents saw the marketing campaign and fell hard for being part of the shiny new club from the west coast. But in all honesty this club is a pieced together dishonest marketing scheme in which they do come in as a "big box" buying out bits of all the competition and in the end will sell the same coaches (gps and nefc) to the same parents with large rosters and watered down competition. Surf will invade every state trying to replicate this marketing pyramid scheme to the detriment of soccer in each state. The coaches they stole are not even that good so it is funny the parents followed those coaches.
            amen !!!!

Comment

I am going to keep recommending any club other than SURF to anyone I know. I was a coach and have seen so much dishonesty with SURF stealing players from every single club. They did not come here and build a club in an area that needed a club. They came here selling a dream. Foolish parents saw the marketing campaign and fell hard for being part of the shiny new club from the west coast. But in all honesty this club is a pieced together dishonest marketing scheme in which they do come in as a "big box" buying out bits of all the competition and in the end will sell the same coaches (gps and NEFC) to the same parents with large rosters and watered down competition. Surf will invade every state trying to replicate this marketing pyramid scheme to the detriment of soccer in each state. The coaches they stole are not even that good so it is funny the parents followed those coaches.
              Yes. Bad idea to put your children in an environment with such poor ethics.

Comment

You can't even keep track of your own nonsense. You start this rant by saying "parents were lured by shiny marketing" and end by acknowledging the truth, that coaches were followed. I never saw ANY marketing. My inbox is full of Bayside and Liverpool invitations, despite me never signing up for anything with them, but I never got a Surf email until after my kid was on a team.

By the way, you seem to be in love with your "big box" term, you've been posting it all over the place. I know it's you (or one club's staff who've been told to use the term), because it's such a weak analogy that not very many people would think to use it. And frankly, when I hear "big box," I think of a place where I can get everything I want in one location. I doubt that's what you're trying to imply.

Comment

Surf is an unknown, unproven new club in a weaker league. There are some good coaches, so if your player is not gung ho on college soccer above mid to low D3, and you love the coach and your teammates are moving over, why not go?

If you are in recruiting years and you want to play at a high D3 or above, you would never downgrade like that.

Comment

Surf is an unknown, unproven new club in a weaker league. There are some good coaches, so if your player is not gung ho on college soccer above mid to low D3, and you love the coach and your teammates are moving over, why not go?

If you are in recruiting years and you want to play at a high D3 or above, you would never downgrade like that.
                    I probably would have thought a lot harder about it if my kids were in older age groups, but from looking around the practice field, plenty of the older age groups did make the jump. As far as that guy talking about "large rosters and watered down competition," I haven't seen anything to give me the impression that rosters will be overly big or that extraneous "B" teams will be formed, not yet at least. And I'm cautiously optimistic about EDP's level of competition, but the only way to really know is to see how it pans out the fall.

Comment

I probably would have thought a lot harder about it if my kids were in older age groups, but from looking around the practice field, plenty of the older age groups did make the jump. As far as that guy talking about "large rosters and watered down competition," I haven't seen anything to give me the impression that rosters will be overly big or that extraneous "B" teams will be formed, not yet at least. And I'm cautiously optimistic about EDP's level of competition, but the only way to really know is to see how it pans out the fall.
                      True but I think the poster's point was that moving into a league like EDP with uncertain competition, as opposed to DPL which is a known quantity, is not the best move for U12 and above. Could lose some time and opportunities. In the end, it's only a big deal if you want your player to get noticed and move up to ECNL or DA level.

Comment

True but I think the poster's point was that moving into a league like EDP with uncertain competition, as opposed to DPL which is a known quantity, is not the best move for U12 and above. Could lose some time and opportunities. In the end, it's only a big deal if you want your player to get noticed and move up to ECNL or DA level.
                        Correct. Nefc se moved many players to a higher level within the club. Some older teams players have legitimate d3 potential. Bayside also has a proven track record of advancement and placement. Not sure what surf offers, do the kids move up to the san Diego team? Was way too big a gamble for our family.

Comment

All I keep seeing is one or two clubs on here, just bashing one league and propping up another. "You HAVE to be in DPL!!" "EDP Sucks for your kid." Did I miss where DPL has proven itself in New England or even the NorthEast??

Also - why not talk about your development plan to make players better? The actual games themselves a small part of the overall macro of player development.

What I see here are clubs pissed they lost out on good talent to other/newer clubs. Proven, developed players that they don't need to invest time in and can just plug into their teams to concentrate on winning now over anything else. Then they can promote the hell out of those wins, therefore, once again boosting their clubs cache. Call me crazy but this seems Club and Coach focused. A model interested in telling you how great they are and NOT a model interested in developing players.

BTW - I can write your rebuttal here because you are all so obvious. Here you go - "Another surf coach spewing lies and tricking parents. Surf will be dead in the water by spring." You're welcome.

Comment

I can't find any information about who is actually in DPL, so I'd say it might be a known entity to those whose teams are in it, but it's not known to the general public. And with all the misinformation on TS, it's hard to tell if the talk about more teams moving into EDP will turn out to be true or not.

As I understand the EDP setup, there is a level that would be on par with ECNL, but this level won't exist in New England until the 21/22 season. Maybe. I don't know. What I do know is that NEFC SE seemed like it was viewed as a backwater by NEFC HQ, and kids from that region didn't appear to get much consideration for the higher teams anyway, so bailing out of there didn't seem like much of a risk.

Comment

I can't find any information about who is actually in DPL, so I'd say it might be a known entity to those whose teams are in it, but it's not known to the general public. And with all the misinformation on TS, it's hard to tell if the talk about more teams moving into EDP will turn out to be true or not.
                              Announcement of Northeast DPL clubs.

https://www.facebook.com/DPLeague/photos/a.2372507706313739/2680524265512080/?type=3&theater

Comment

Announcement of Northeast DPL clubs.

https://www.facebook.com/DPLeague/photos/a.2372507706313739/2680524265512080/?type=3&theater
                                I saw that but was under the impression there was more to it than that. Nine teams is it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X