Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop whining. It’s the awful consequences of this virus. No one planned on this.

the coaches who were paid to coach your kid may have given up on an opportunity to work somewhere else, why shouldn’t they get paid.

My wife sat around for 2 months checking Facebook every few minutes, and she got paid to do her job. Her boss isn’t crying on social media

I paid auto insurance and didn’t use my car for two months. The high end estimate of refunds is 11% depending on what state you live in. Boo hoo, poor me

Grow up and deal with life. It isn’t fair sometimes. Either leave the club ordeal with it.
    It is the business owners responsibility to pay their employees. It is not the consumers responsibility to provide that money if services are not rendered. Why in the world do you think that the business owner is more entitled to your money than you are?

Comment

Probably SUSA's PR trying to deflect negativity to other organizations.

Comment

It is the business owners responsibility to pay their employees. It is not the consumers responsibility to provide that money if services are not rendered. Why in the world do you think that the business owner is more entitled to your money than you are?

Are you saying that you paid money for only the spring season and got nothing? We paid in full for fall, winter and spring training. We got fall, winter and early spring. 3 tournaments and fall and winter leagues After that we got zoom sessions every week. It was not ideal but we got a 25% credit. We are satisfied. We also signed a no refund policy. What did you get?

Comment

I think it's hilarious that you think whining on TS will get you anywhere. As a consumer you have many different avenues to try and get your money back. You also can chose not to return to the club you are so obviously dissatisfied with

Comment

Are you saying that you paid money for only the spring season and got nothing? We paid in full for fall, winter and spring training. We got fall, winter and early spring. 3 tournaments and fall and winter leagues After that we got zoom sessions every week. It was not ideal but we got a 25% credit. We are satisfied. We also signed a no refund policy. What did you get?
            25-30% is very reasonable for teams<U15. HS aged teams should be a bit more

Comment

We just received an invitation from NYSC. I would like to see how they handled this whole situation before I trust them with a deposit. Has anyone seen their refund/credit policy?

Comment

We just received an invitation from NYSC. I would like to see how they handled this whole situation before I trust them with a deposit. Has anyone seen their refund/credit policy?
                If you received an invitation, you would already know the refund amount. Don't be so transparent with your trolling.

Comment

If you received an invitation, you would already know the refund amount. Don't be so transparent with your trolling.
                  Umm. Ok. So I’m guessing no refund policy since I didn’t receive any information. Thanks.

Comment

Umm. Ok. So I’m guessing no refund policy since I didn’t receive any information. Thanks.
                    If NYSC is good at one thing, it’s NOT giving money back, ever, soccer is okay, but business is king there, and no refunds is their Moto.....

Comment

Almost all clubs are ripping you off right now, not just SUSA

I think the private "for profit" soccer business will not ever be the same ever again. (there are obviously many crazy LI soccer parents that will pay for the badge) but overall I think clubs like barca, susa, nysc ect will see huge losses in new players.

We will get past this pandemic but its only a matter of time before it hits again. I personally dont think paying 3-4k a year for soccer and have the year cut short due to a pandemic (and your begging for your money back is worth the hassle).

Local clubs will see a rise with new players.

Comment

There is a refund or credit from nysc. I think its in the area of $400 dollars or something.

Comment

I think the private "for profit" soccer business will not ever be the same ever again. (there are obviously many crazy LI soccer parents that will pay for the badge) but overall I think clubs like barca, susa, nysc ect will see huge losses in new players.

We will get past this pandemic but its only a matter of time before it hits again. I personally dont think paying 3-4k a year for soccer and have the year cut short due to a pandemic (and your begging for your money back is worth the hassle).

Local clubs will see a rise with new players.
                          There definitely will be opportunities for clubs that don't charge a fortune, have solid coaching and have all the travel. Some families won't be able to afford pricey activities any longer, and others are re-evaluating where they're spending their time and what they really enjoy. Youth soccer participation was already declining because of those issues + the stupid age change. It can and should go back to what it was ten years ago - more local/state level competition and only the truly elite teams cross state lines on a regular basis.

Comment

There is a refund or credit from nysc. I think its in the area of $400 dollars or something.
                            OK, thanks. If that is for their DA program, that's a tough pill to swallow, but if they paid their coaches, I can live with that. Thanks again

Comment

Yea as far as I am aware they did not lay off any staff. Would be interesting to see how many clubs did lay offs vs not.

Comment

Yea as far as I am aware they did not lay off any staff. Would be interesting to see how many clubs did lay offs vs not.
                                I wouldn't put too much into it because each club has its own financial constraints. Most coaches are independent contractors, not regularly paid employees. Normally laying them off would really hurt them, but the Covid relief bills had programs to help ICs. Also the funds to help small businesses quickly ran out so some clubs may not have been able to avail themselves. One big issue with those funds is that you have to pay back the loans if you don't rehire all of your staff by the end of June. That's just not going to happen with soccer clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X