Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oakwood, per CT law, can’t play club & HS in same season.
    STA- No HS.
    So, in this scenario, OW and STA would likely play their games all in the Fall.

Side note, OW is somewhat centralized point for all the teams (i.e. all within 2-3 hours to them) so there is a possibility of playing many games there so everyone can avoid extra travel. It's actually an excellent idea.

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. They will schedule games each can accomodate them. Say, for example, SSS has no HS issue nor does STA, they will get their games in during the fall. If Seacoast does have an issue, they will play them later. Same as what ECNL does.

The end result is to play X number of games against the teams in your conference. When those games are played is completely flexible.
      That’s not at all what ECNL does. There are no games scheduled during the HS season. In the NE conference, games are not played until December. That is not the same as trying to have a some clubs play games in the fall and a some play all of their games in the spring.

Comment

That’s not at all what ECNL does. There are no games scheduled during the HS season. In the NE conference, games are not played until December. That is not the same as trying to have a some clubs play games in the fall and a some play all of their games in the spring.
        So, for the clubs who won't play games, as stated, it will be exactly like what ECNL does.

For others, it won't.

The collaboration between the clubs and the flexibility they are advocating to try to make it work everyone should be commended.

Comment

Good timing, this article came out in NE Soccer Journal today:

The DA helped to pioneer the domestic 10-month model for youth development, one that mirrors what’s used elsewhere around the world. In simple terms, it spans from September through June with a winter break around the holidays.

There are fair critiques of the 10-month model, but its here to stay and should be applauded through the lens of developing high-end players. The more hours that players log in an elite training environment and competing in high-end games, the better on-field outcomes will be. But it’s also important to have that flexibility, especially in a region like New England where prep schools are so prominent and high school soccer’s social experience is ingrained in communities.

That’s why the Girls Academy League’s flexible 10-month season – players can choose to play high school or not – makes so much sense. Players aren’t forced into choosing between academy and high school, like often happened in the DA, and can instead pursue the year-round soccer approach that fits their needs.

“We’re not going to be the one to say they can’t play high school,” NEFC academy director Nick Burke told NESJ. “That’s their prerogative and if they choose that, they can pretty much play the whole schedule minus those eight, 10 weeks. But if the majority of the team goes for high school, then we’ll adjust. If they go for 10 months, then we’ll play more games earlier.”

///////////////////

This is a subscription-based article so I won't post it all. But, it's a good snippet of what the clubs viewed as pluses working with USSF (training, licensing) and what didn't (lack of local input, conference flexibility), added with local collaboration, allowed the platform to stay.

Comment

So you are saying that if seacoast has 90% of kids that are playing high school, they will just avoid scheduling fall games with clubs like STA that is discouraging HS? How will that work? Those other clubs will just bend on that and say— “sure—we will just drive up to NH whenever you are ready for us”. What one team does affects the others in the conference. You may not live in NJ, but you’re playing those teams. Not sure how one conference can operate under different policies when they need to schedule games against one another.

Forget the parents—if you’re statement is true then the people running the league haven’t even thought this through. Good luck.
            Before DA - SUSC in NPL is crap.
            Enter the DA - SUSC suck for not letting kids play HS.
            Enter the GA - SUSC suck for allowing kids to play HS and trying to accommodate both sides.

You are clearly on the ECNL cool train. Go enjoy that and best of luck to you and having to train in MA in the near future with the state of covid down there.... you have much more important things to worry about than SUSC kids playing in the fall!

Comment

Before DA - SUSC in NPL is crap.
              Enter the DA - SUSC suck for not letting kids play HS.
              Enter the GA - SUSC suck for allowing kids to play HS and trying to accommodate both sides.

You are clearly on the ECNL cool train. Go enjoy that and best of luck to you and having to train in MA in the near future with the state of covid down there.... you have much more important things to worry about than SUSC kids playing in the fall!
              Seacoast wouldn’t have been in DA or in GA if FC Stars hadn’t dropped out and DA needed a replacement. As for training in MA—don’t worry. The kids at NEFC could go 3 months without training and still crush the Seacoast teams. This isn’t an ECNL vs GA debate. The discussion is about a league that doesn’t have a clear plan.

Best of luck, though.

Comment

At this time, no league has a clear plan. Let it play out. It will.

Comment

Seacoast wouldn’t have been in DA or in GA if FC Stars hadn’t dropped out and DA needed a replacement. As for training in MA—don’t worry. The kids at NEFC could go 3 months without training and still crush the Seacoast teams. This isn’t an ECNL vs GA debate. The discussion is about a league that doesn’t have a clear plan.

Best of luck, though.
                  True that if Stars stuck in DA Seacoast likely wouldn't have been allowed in.

As for the NEFC v Seacoast "crush the Seacoast teams", the fall results and last year's results showed that wasn't the case across the board. Younger ages were quite competitive.

As for the league "not having a clear plan", that's because it's about 6 weeks old and coming together. As long as the Club has a clear plan, and Seacoast does, that is what matters.

Don't get hung up on what the badge on your shirt says.

Comment

Best of luck, though.
                    Just wow!

The discussion? Not sure it is a discussion.... your agenda is clear.

Comment

Best of luck, though.
                      Can you explain the discussion? You don’t even know what the new league is bringing? You are just trying to put everything down without having seen anything, and clearly not knowing firsthand knowledge.

Comment

This isn’t an ECNL vs GA debate. The discussion is about a league that doesn’t have a clear plan.

Best of luck, though.

Likely true, but if you've been around this site long enough EVERYTHING turns into an ECNL debate at some point. The thought that a Club isn't:

A) Good Enough as
                        B) In the right location for
                        C) Following the same philosophy as
                        or
                        D) Have the same initiatives as

ECNL Clubs gets lost on too many posters.

Soccer is a game that can be enjoyed by players of all ages of all abilities. I've never been able to understand the fascination with what someone else is doing that permeates on this board. Just play the game, learn to love it if you don't already, and be happy with whatever decision or path you take.

Comment

Just wow!

The discussion? Not sure it is a discussion.... your agenda is clear.
                          Go back and read the thread. I never brought up ECNL. The OP did. I have no agenda. My firsthand knowledge comes from friends who have kids at clubs in GAL (not Seacoast). There is a reason many are looking to jump ship. Again, good luck to you.

Comment

Go back and read the thread. I never brought up ECNL. The OP did. I have no agenda. My firsthand knowledge comes from friends who have kids at clubs in GAL (not Seacoast). There is a reason many are looking to jump ship. Again, good luck to you.

So, what's your point? There is one GAL club in NH, Seacoast.

Comment

So, you have no actual firsthand knowledge of GAL, no firsthand knowledge of Seacoast in GAL, and, I'd bet, no firsthand knowledge of of Seacoast in general.

Yep, no agenda....

Comment

So, you have no actual firsthand knowledge of GAL, no firsthand knowledge of Seacoast in GAL, and, I'd bet, no firsthand knowledge of of Seacoast in general.

Yep, no agenda....
                                No one has firsthand knowledge of GAL. That happens when you actually play a season. What I do know from friends that are trying to get their kids out is that it isn’t clear on how the league will allow some clubs to allow for high school play and others won’t. Many may have to stay for this year because US Soccer pulled the plug after everything was shut down—kids didn’t have a chance to go train with other teams. But GAL better get it right in this first year. I honestly hope that the league does well. US Soccer walked away and screwed over the clubs and, especially, the kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X