Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's it, springs over for all leagues.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t think clubs can talk about refunds until leagues make final announcements, and even then it will be a credit as everything the clubs are getting back is credits My club has been paying our coaches, fields, complex maintenance, etc. I doubt we will get much back. I just care about my kid having a place to go to once this simmers down. I am not a soccer player and my ankles are killing me from having her break them for over a month now
    Why don't the coaches just collect unemployment? They are not working. Seems like a waste of clubs resources.

Comment

Why don't the coaches just collect unemployment? They are not working. Seems like a waste of clubs resources.
      Most are 1099 workers. No UI.

Comment

I don’t think clubs can talk about refunds until leagues make final announcements, and even then it will be a credit as everything the clubs are getting back is credits My club has been paying our coaches, fields, complex maintenance, etc. I doubt we will get much back. I just care about my kid having a place to go to once this simmers down. I am not a soccer player and my ankles are killing me from having her break them for over a month now
        That should be the least of your worries. If you will write a check there will be a place for your kid. You are t understanding what’s going on; we have the power now. Parents are more in control now than anytime in the last 5-10 years.

Comment

They are entitled under pandemic unemployment. But good luck getting through to unemployment site to get it.

Comment

Actually they can because of the CARES Act. Many don't get a 1099 for the cash they receive so now they can't collect. Once again the families get screwed because many clubs do not do the right thing in regards to employees.

Comment

They are entitled under pandemic unemployment. But good luck getting through to unemployment site to get it.
              This is wrong. Most are not bc they are 1099.

Comment

Independent Contractors who get paid on 1099 are eligible for unemployment under the Cares Act. It's called PUA.

Comment

Independent Contractors who get paid on 1099 are eligible for unemployment under the Cares Act. It's called PUA.
                  That is correct but many just get paid cash and not reported in 1099. Now those coaches can't collect unemployment and the parents have to foot the bill. Many of these parents are out of work too and should be getting refunds for services not performed. 1 of my kids are at a club that pays coaches on W2. Supposedly getting some sort of refunds. We will see. My other kid plays for a club we pay cash. No talk of refund.

Comment

A simple Google search says you are wrong.

Comment

That is correct but many just get paid cash and not reported in 1099. Now those coaches can't collect unemployment and the parents have to foot the bill. Many of these parents are out of work too and should be getting refunds for services not performed. 1 of my kids are at a club that pays coaches on W2. Supposedly getting some sort of refunds. We will see. My other kid plays for a club we pay cash. No talk of refund.
                      What club pays their coaches on a W2? At our club the cash is given to the team manager and disbursed to coach after each session and game, ref fees, field rental, tournament fees and uniforms.
                      Never thought much about it until now.

Comment

What club pays their coaches on a W2? At our club the cash is given to the team manager and disbursed to coach after each session and game, ref fees, field rental, tournament fees and uniforms.
                        Never thought much about it until now.
                        Bigger clubs have coaches on salary with full benefits.ours has a few full timers.

Comment

Actually they can because of the CARES Act. Many don't get a 1099 for the cash they receive so now they can't collect. Once again the families get screwed because many clubs do not do the right thing in regards to employees.
                          Yeah, the off the books workers are not only ineligible for unemployment but they also wouldn't have gotten $1,200 if they didn't bother filing tax returns. Serves them right for freeloading all these years.

Comment

You have no idea how the soccer industry works. 1099 ICs aren’t getting cares $$$. Context ma’am.

Comment

You have no idea how the soccer industry works. 1099 ICs aren’t getting cares $$$. Context ma’am.
                              From US Dept of Labor Website
                              Notice

The CARES Act signed into law by President Trump on March 27, 2020, gives states the option of extending unemployment compensation to independent contractors and other workers who are ordinarily ineligible for unemployment benefits. Please contact your state’s unemployment insurance office at the website or phone number

Enough context for you?

Comment

Wait, what? There are special rules for the soccer industry that superced labor laws? Good to know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X