Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meanwhile, the "Girls Academy League" has released their conferences for 2020/21. No Northwest conference. Meaning Thorns and Reign can choose between ECNL or their state leagues. Or just play each other 10-20 times a season. Can't wait to see EL and his interns spin this as anything other than the complete failure it is.
    I think it’s sad for Oregon soccer not to have the academy option. It is what it is though. I predict the existing players, at least the non local ones, will mostly choose to try out at their neighborhood clubs or one of the Ecnl teams. They will be playing in those leagues anyway and with the uncertainty of everything right now, why risk soccer also. Particularly if a player has been traveling from Bend or Salem. If Thorns is the closest and you like your coach though, I could totally see staying. Nothing here is anywhere good enough for OM though. She’ll be headed back to CA or up to Crossfire in Seattle or her budding career will be over.

Comment

I think it’s sad for Oregon soccer not to have the academy option. It is what it is though. I predict the existing players, at least the non local ones, will mostly choose to try out at their neighborhood clubs or one of the Ecnl teams. They will be playing in those leagues anyway and with the uncertainty of everything right now, why risk soccer also. Particularly if a player has been traveling from Bend or Salem. If Thorns is the closest and you like your coach though, I could totally see staying. Nothing here is anywhere good enough for OM though. She’ll be headed back to CA or up to Crossfire in Seattle or her budding career will be over.
      You do know that she routinely trains with the Thorns' first team, don't you?

OM will be fine. She's not dependent on finding a group of equally skilled girls her age--after all, those are few and far between.

Comment

Not always, not with ECNL. Some clubs are being denied either because of proximity to existing ECNL clubs, as well as politics in some cases.
        ECNL has been rather transparent about telling a few clubs "we'll let you in NEXT year, after we've allowed your local competition (already in ECNL) to recruit your players away while you're stuck in a lower-tier league for a season".

Comment

You do know that she routinely trains with the Thorns' first team, don't you?

OM will be fine. She's not dependent on finding a group of equally skilled girls her age--after all, those are few and far between.
          Thanks dad!

Comment

Thanks dad!
            You're welcome.

Be sure when you wash the Bentley, my boy, that you don't miss a spot.

Comment

You're welcome.

Be sure when you wash the Bentley, my boy, that you don't miss a spot.
              Bentley is the dog by the way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X