Rebate/refund?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard that GPS won’t be giving refunds, even to players who are off to college. Crazy! Lawsuits heading their way for sure!

Comment

Talking Soccer

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Heard that GPS won’t be giving refunds, even to players who are off to college. Crazy! Lawsuits heading their way for sure!
      I have a player headed to college! How can clubs NOT refund (even partial!)
      for services not rendered? No practices or games. If a player returns I see they can
      credit - but for those of us who payed in full and are not getting any season of play and cannot use a credit for future use - this is total BS.

Has anyone heard re: NEFC, Bayside or Bruno?

Comment

At least you got a response, I have asked but haven’t heard back. Been over 2 weeks.

Comment

talking soccer

At least you got a response, I have asked but haven’t heard back. Been over 2 weeks.
          What club?

We have not heard boo from NEFC.

Clubs should advise something like, "If we cannot carry out any season in June/July
          we are providing credits and/or refunds (for players not returning) in the amount of $"

Or at lease send an email saying the date you will ADVISE of what type of refund they are looking at should the entire season be cancelled (which it will).

If these clubs think its ok to charge for a service not rendered there will absolutely be bad press and lawsuits. US Soccer needs to step up. People are loosing income, jobs, and do not have the luxury to pay for something they are not getting.

Comment

We have not heard from our club re a plan for over a month.

And its unrealistic to think there will be sports played in June. Reports in RI are that early June we will see parks re open, but groups of organized sport and play in June? Not going to happen.

What I don't understand is why clubs are not saying, "If we loose the season we are working on a refund." Yet they are not paying fields or coach's!
            They are a business and they need to plan to provide services. NEP and the clubs are looking at various start dates and length of season based on when governors open their states up. I’ve seen the dates and they run through July in many cases. If that doesn’t happen, NEP may organize tournament-style weekends, again likely in July or early August, in order for teams to get their 6-8 games in from the Spring.

Stop asking about refunds... the clubs didn’t shut everything down, the governors did. Clubs are trying to figure out ways to provide the services paid for. Forekicks for example isn’t refunding field rentals, but will provide credits once things open up. Maybe you’ll see a credit for next year, but it is too soon to know. Jefferson Cup has stated they will try and run their tourney in June or July, and if they do, no refunds. Again, clubs paid and are stuck. Many coaches have been laid off, but not all. Some clubs still pay coaches because they are workong online with teams and the clubs hope to salvage the season.

Honestly, if the $600-$800 you “spent” for March-May practice/games/tournaments is killing you right now, you should probably bow out of club soccer and head back to town leagues. Decent adult cleats run $200-$300. Travel to tournaments in NJ, VA, FL, AZ, CO, and CA run in the thousands and none of this comes with guarantees of an outcome like a college scholarship. Uniform kit for 1-2 years can run $350. If that money is make or break it right now, this is a luxury you can’t afford.

I’m not saying clubs should not offer something, but they are working with what they can and honestly, most can’t afford to provide refunds en masse. I don’t know of a single club that is talking about it, but know plenty that may offer credits for next year or for summer camps and such.

Comment

Gps lack of communication through all of this has been so sub standard. Not what we signed up for Paid for.

Comment

Gps lack of communication through all of this has been so sub standard. Not what we signed up for Paid for.
                Can’t imagine GPS has any money for refunds. They seem to running the business close to the edge financially anyway. They pay their coaches way more than other clubs as they are full time. I’m definitely not expecting a refund. Have a little hope for a credit if they are still in existence come fall. Hope they make it but wouldn’t be surprised if they are a casualty of this along with some other clubs.

Comment

Can’t imagine GPS has any money for refunds. They seem to running the business close to the edge financially anyway. They pay their coaches way more than other clubs as they are full time. I’m definitely not expecting a refund. Have a little hope for a credit if they are still in existence come fall. Hope they make it but wouldn’t be surprised if they are a casualty of this along with some other clubs.
                  You might want to be lining up something with another club if you’re with GPS RI. DoC has left/is leaving, coaches are a big question as all have been laid off, and from what we hear, the top GPS teams from MA are collapsing as players try and sign with other clubs. GPS RI is much smaller than GPS MA and if MA falls apart financially, which they absolutely are, RI will have no support. Reach out to another club now. Yeah, no one is playing, but rosters are absolutely being set up for next year. Clubs need the deposit money for cash flow to operate.

I know that’s a hard nut to swallow given y’all are asking about refunds for the spring, but eventually soccer will be played again.

Comment

If anything, I hope the lack of leadership that gps RI has shown will make the club bring in someone new.

The club has rapidly fallen the last few years. Communication is a complete joke.

Comment

Talking soccer

If anything, I hope the lack of leadership that gps RI has shown will make the club bring in someone new.

The club has rapidly fallen the last few years. Communication is a complete joke.
                      To the poster who wrote "stop asking for refunds" and "$600-$800 for Spring".....

When you are a HS player, paying over $2k and do not have a FALL season - your Spring is not $600-$800?

Yes, we know the Governor's shut things down. However, what service is able to charge full boat for no service provided?

A partial refund is absolutely the right thing to do - unless the club wants to show you how they are paying coach's (they are not) paying all fields (they are not), its wrong to not offer
                      something back.

HS players have summer jobs and many go to college in August - the plan you lay out works fine for younger kids. I also think providing credits vs refunds for younger players works - as they return. But not for players who are graduating. Also consider these are families who have been paying the club for years - not a nice way to go out.

Perhaps $2k is not a lot of money to you, but do not tell people to play town sports simply because they are calling out the clubs for not offering some form of refund when the clubs themselves are simply not paying out the expenses they normally would.

Comment

What club?

We have not heard boo from NEFC.
                        NEFC is planning to give partial refunds, depending on if any games can be played in the summer.

Comment

NEFC is planning to give partial refunds, depending on if any games can be played in the summer.
                          Talk is cheap. I, for one, do not believe any refunds will be given. They will offer a tiny bit of credit to try and keep everyone at the club. Sneaky, and typical of youth soccer in this country - dollars come first.

Comment

If our club doesn't apply credit from the spring season to apply to the fall season we are going to leave the club. Especially since we do not even know if there will be a fall season. I am not paying for fall and then we are stuck with another season of online practices, no thank you, plus we are all out of work. Clubs better do the right thing and give our kids their spots on their teams and credit towards the next season. I do not expect to be refunded though.

Comment

talking soccer

If our club doesn't apply credit from the spring season to apply to the fall season we are going to leave the club. Especially since we do not even know if there will be a fall season. I am not paying for fall and then we are stuck with another season of online practices, no thank you, plus we are all out of work. Clubs better do the right thing and give our kids their spots on their teams and credit towards the next season. I do not expect to be refunded though.
                              I just hope our club doesn't think all this Virtual stuff they are posting is somehow value - they are pushing virtual practices, video's etc. It's rediculous. My kid gets more out of spending time with his family in the yard playing, dribbling, etc and brings him more joy.
                              I think the ONLY reason they want kids to zoom a practice is so they can claim they provided value.

Comment

I just hope our club doesn't think all this Virtual stuff they are posting is somehow value - they are pushing virtual practices, video's etc. It's rediculous. My kid gets more out of spending time with his family in the yard playing, dribbling, etc and brings him more joy.
                                I think the ONLY reason they want kids to zoom a practice is so they can claim they provided value.
                                That’s pretty jaded. Clubs are in the business of teaching soccer. They officially can’t do that in-person so they have adopted virtual workouts, zoom, and homework assignments to fill the gap. Are you saying the same thing about your kid’s school? Are you ranting about a refund of taxes pid because the kids are in a virtual classroom and likely not receiving the full education experience? How about school sports? Are you asking for a refund and complaining because school spring sports are shut down? How about colleges? They did partial refunds for meal plans and dorms, but nothing on tuition and fees while classes are virtual. Every college kid I’ve talked to says the online classes aren’t as good. Where is the outrage over the tuition bills?

Give me a break. You’ll get credit towards next season if there isn’t a spring season. Most clubs I’m aware of are taking that approach. If your club doesn’t, than change clubs. The reality is if a club doesn’t provide a credit or refund, they were likely on bad financial footing anyway amd will likely shutdown before long.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X