Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent United & Maple Valley Merger

Email went out to Kent United members that they are merging with Maple Valley Soccer Association.

Will maple valley keep its joke ‘premier’ rcl title ?

Comment

Supposedly they are changing the name, logo & everything. New name is Crystal Palace. MV seems to be in turmoil right now under there new ED.

Comment

😂 Crystal Palace ... mv has been on its knees for a long time .more directors then paying customers . Kent united are going nowhere . Might not be a bad thing if its true .

Comment

This post appears to becoming true. MV just named two new directors. Both are current Kent United Directors. Larry Williams and Ray Johnson.

Comment

Are the directors paid positions ?

Comment

I would imagine they are paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I would imagine they are paid.
                Another reason why soccer should die in the US . Too many people who have no idea about the game making a living out of it . Saddens me emensly

Comment

Looks like this is happening. Both clubs just announced combined HS Boys tryouts. From the social media post they are gonna try to make MV the top/premier team and Kent United the Select. Still seems like smoke and mirrors going on with no official announcement.

Comment

How did mv become a premier club ? They have barely enough players to even field teams in most age groups ? I know pac have been trying to get Kent united and Southlake to merge for years now . Looks like pac will lose another feeder club .

Comment

They are not a premier club. They just like to call themselves a premier club. The ED at MV was hand picked by Terry Fischer. Who knows what kind of hand shake deals were made.

Comment

If you live in Kent and are good enough to play premier, aren't you headed to Pac already? I also know a number of MV families that have migrated to Eastside.

This whole thing makes no sense other than MVP came back to WYS, got their hat handed to them, and needs to try to find a way to stay relevant. MVP had 1 team make the Founders Cup semis in the Gold division, Kent United has no teams at any level.

Comment

Both clubs are dying. Maple valley try to charge premier prices for very low level select soccer . None of the most talented kids in mv even play there . Many have gone to other clubs due to their price structure . I know of 3/4 kids that went to play for pacs 4th team ....

Comment

I know several players who have left as well. A lot of players left MV to play at Kent because of price and quality. There entire G01/02 team moved to MRFC a few weeks ago with the coach. It will be interesting to see how much they charge now. Especially since the price structure for both clubs is different.

Comment

The major difference between Kent and mv is Kent allow parent coaching . I may be wrong here but mv have no teams in the founders cup as they are now an rcl ‘premier’ club 😂😂 I just don’t get the infactuation mv have with being a very poor rcl club . I know it’s easier to sell the dream and charge more money with the ‘premier’ bit finally being real
                              On the badge but who wants to play for a 3/4th division rcl team ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X