Hands up dont shoot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberals cannot deal with these national stats on police shootings (e.g. how much worse whites get it than blacks). According to the Washington Post from their database of fatal police shootings,

Last year 1004 killings.
    For 802 of these the race of the officer and decedent was listed.
    371 of those killed were white.
    236 of those killed were black.
    The vast majority of those killed were armed.
    African American suspects significantly higher rate of being armed (yet more whites killed).
    There were 10 cases in which unarmed African Americans were killed, 9 men, one woman. The below is based on body camera footage:
    1. C.F. - suspect attacked, choked, tased a cop before being shot.
    2. M.M. - career criminal, fought with arresting officer before being shot and killed.
    3. M.S. - assaulted a shop employee, charged/attacked female officer before being shot.
    4. R.T. - tried to use his automobile to run over a cop in a parking lot before being shot behind the wheel.
    5. M.W. - allegedly drove car at high speed toward officer in attempt to hit, before being shot.
    6. I.L - naked home invader, attacked responding officers apparently out of mind on drugs.
    7. T. J. (Ft Worth) - officers responded to her home, she was standing inside with door ajar, officer mistook her for burglar and shot her, subsequently charged with homicide.
    8. C. W. - robbed gas station, black deputy claims gun discharged accidentally while grappling with the suspect.
    9. K.M. - claimed to have gun during multi-hour standoff. Vowed to kill police with this gun, had a history of shootouts with police.
    10. G.G. - shot after car chase based on observation of pointed gun at police, gun found in car later, officer charged with manslaughter.

This is the entire list from 2019. In 5 of these cases, the officer was physically attacked and since officers are armed, physical attack is a grave potential threat to their lives. One was apparently an accident, leaving 4 deaths, which 2 of were pursuits/standoffs and in 2 the officers were charged.

This is a very small number in a country of 325M people. It is not genocide, its not even close, and it is laughable to suggest it is. The number of police killings is dropping year over year since the obama years, particularly for African American men. Last year was the safest year for black suspects since the Post began its database. Safest for both white and black suspects. Yet the nation remains a very dangerous place for police officer. 48 were murdered in 2019. Thats more than the number of unarmed suspects killed of all races.

Contrast this with the 7,407 African Americans that were murdered in 2018. If 2019 numbers are similar it means for every unarmed black man shot by officers in 2019, 750 or so were killed by someone else - usually someone they know (most of this is black on black crime).

Are African American men being hunted by white police officers? No.
    Are cynical media manipulators and corrupt politicians whipping up racial hatred for political gain? Yes.

So, why the disproportionate focus on Floyd, who was literally murdered by a white officer, when there are thousands of just as egregious black deaths each year? Because its not about one drug intoxicated criminal being murdered by a cold hearted officer - its about racial disparities across the nation. To fight racial disparities, cultural change is needed. Blacks need to abandon the Democratic party, reject identity politics, reject the race baiting by race pimp politicians and journalists, and fight in the academic and professional arena for their slice of the pie. Cultural esteem can only be earned through performance - government handouts are not going to do it - black parents need to stay together in nuclear families (epidemic of single mother black families needs to end), we need to stop coddling criminals - clean them off the streets, only the good ones will be left, provide support for budding families and careers, etc - there are a million solutions that could make the situation better. But the only ones we see are those that make it worse because one of the political parties relies on outrage and conflict as a source of power. BTW when blacks speak this truth, they are attacked by them viciously...

You can listen to more detail on the stats here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qwif8PF1EI&t=16s

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So where is that proof? Or can you tell someone's motivations and organizational connections by looking at their face on a video? SMH

Please tell me you're not taking trump's hand-picked FBI director's word for it that an imaginary organization is behind the attacks, or I might fall off my chair laughing.
      As opposed to taking your word for it? I just picked myself off the floor. I’m pretty sure AG Barr and the FBI director know a smidgen more than you do 😂. Over 10,000 arrest have been made nationwide during these protest. It’s not that hard to figure out where they’re from especially since most of them still live with mommy and daddy. Kinda hurts your bullshît narrative.

Comment

It's almost like Fox News is deliberately trying to sow division and chaos. Their masters would be pleased.
        Hey kettle, how did the fake Russia story over the last 4 years bring us together? It’s almost like liberal media is deliberately peddling fake stories to try sow division and chaos. HRC has gotta be pleased!

Comment

I'm sure trump's hand-picked FBI director (which we now know requires a "loyalty oath") wouldn't blindly repeat trump's talking points now, would he?

The white house already had to walk back a tweet blaming antifa for a setup that turned out to be a security barrier for a Jewish community center:
          https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...n-antifa-setup

They are so desperate to point the finger at their enemies that they resorted to outright lies.
          Oops, you might have been a little premature again! Clean up on aisle 9.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/...ry?id=71066996

Attorney General William Barr said Thursday that the the federal government has evidence that the radical left-wing antifa movement as well as other extremist groups have "hijacked" legitimate protests around the country to incite violence, and said certain "foreign actors" are seizing on the unrest to sow discord in the U.S.

"We have evidence that antifa and other similar extremist groups, as well as actors of a variety of different political persuasions have been involved in instigating and participating in the violent activity.

In a news conference at the Justice Department alongside other department heads Thursday, Barr and FBI Director Chris Wray both singled out the antifa movement in their opening remarks, though to date the DOJ has not provided direct evidence of widespread involvement of antifa followers in the violence seen thus far across the country.

Wray then followed up on Barr's remarks by making clear that while the FBI has a number of "ongoing investigations" of "violent anarchist extremists' with antifa-like views, the FBI's investigative efforts are not driven by the political ideology of violent actors.

"There are some groups that don't have a particular ideology, other than anarchy and there's some groups that want to bring about a civil war -- the 'Boogaloo' group that has been on the margin of this as well trying to exacerbate the violence," Barr said. "So we are dealing with as I say a witch's brew of a lot of different extremist organizations."

Comment

I’m pretty sure AG Barr and the FBI director know a smidgen more than you do 😂.
            You mean the guy who misrepresented the Mueller report and is acting as trump's personal attorney, and the hand-picked, loyalty-sworn trump appointee? They probably do know the actual truth, but they would have to remove their heads from up trump's a$s long enough to actually tell us. I don't see that happening any time soon. Meanwhile they will continue repeating trump's lies, just like all his other sheep.

Comment

You mean the guy who misrepresented the Mueller report and is acting as trump's personal attorney, and the hand-picked, loyalty-sworn trump appointee? They probably do know the actual truth, but they would have to remove their heads from up trump's a$s long enough to actually tell us. I don't see that happening any time soon. Meanwhile they will continue repeating trump's lies, just like all his other sheep.
              Since you wanna bring up lies, are u referring to the same Mueller Report which was created from a fake dossier, lying FBI agents, misinformation, and a political bias to take down the POTUS? If so, you must mean Barr “misrepresented” over 2 years of complete and utter Fake bullshît all of which is being exposed as we speak. Of course you hate Barr, he’s getting to the bottom of all the shady, dirty, and crooked crap from the last administration. I guess you didn’t see Rosenstein’s testimony today. Poor guy looked scared shítless while he testified there was never any credible evidence of Russia anything as he sold out the FBI. It’s not looking good for you Libtards.

Comment

Since you wanna bring up lies, are u referring to the same Mueller Report which was created from a fake dossier, lying FBI agents, misinformation, and a political bias to take down the POTUS? If so, you must mean Barr “misrepresented” over 2 years of complete and utter Fake bullshît all of which is being exposed as we speak. Of course you hate Barr, he’s getting to the bottom of all the shady, dirty, and crooked crap from the last administration. I guess you didn’t see Rosenstein’s testimony today. Poor guy looked scared shítless while he testified there was never any credible evidence of Russia anything as he sold out the FBI. It’s not looking good for you Libtards.
                What parts of the Mueller report do you consider to be a lie? Volume and page numbers, please.

The narrative that the Russia investigation was unjustified or biased has already been debunked numerous times (including by Rosenstein himself in today's testimony), so I'm not sure why you keep going there. For some reason that whole Russia thing seems to scare the sh1t out of trump and his minions. I wonder why?

In case you are interested in what Rosenstein actually said, instead of what Breitbart claims he said, here are the main takeaways from his testimony:
                1. He does not believe the investigation was a “hoax”
                2. He does not believe it was an “utterly baseless, corrupt criminal investigation”
                3. He does not believe the Mueller investigation was politically biased against Trump
                4. He believes it was not wrong for the FBI to investigate Michael Flynn
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ically-biased/

The GOP is threatening to make Rosenstein a scapegoat for the Mueller investigation. Who knows what other threats they are using. No wonder he looked scared.

Comment

What parts of the Mueller report do you consider to be a lie? Volume and page numbers, please.

The narrative that the Russia investigation was unjustified or biased has already been debunked numerous times (including by Rosenstein himself in today's testimony), so I'm not sure why you keep going there. For some reason that whole Russia thing seems to scare the sh1t out of trump and his minions. I wonder why?

In case you are interested in what Rosenstein actually said, instead of what Breitbart claims he said, here are the main takeaways from his testimony:
                  1. He does not believe the investigation was a “hoax”
                  2. He does not believe it was an “utterly baseless, corrupt criminal investigation”
                  3. He does not believe the Mueller investigation was politically biased against Trump
                  4. He believes it was not wrong for the FBI to investigate Michael Flynn
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ically-biased/

The GOP is threatening to make Rosenstein a scapegoat for the Mueller investigation. Who knows what other threats they are using. No wonder he looked scared.
                  Must be cherry-picking season. Gee, let’s see what else Rosenstein said

The key moment came in questioning from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who asked, “If you knew then what you know now, would you have signed the warrant application?,” referring to a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant renewal concerning Trump campaign aide Carter Page. Rosenstein testified “No, I would not”

In Rosenstein’s words, the FBI “was not following the written protocols, and that significant errors appeared in applications.” What has emerged from the recent inspector general’s report and this testimony is that the Obama administration’s efforts to investigate and prosecute Trump administration officials wasn’t based on facts, but negligence or malice.

"The whole concept that the campaign was colluding with the Russians, there was no there there in August 2017. Do you agree with that general statement?" Graham asked. "I agree with that general statement," Rosenstein responded.

In his testimony Wednesday, Rosenstein walked a fine line between praising Mueller's integrity, agreeing the investigation was not a "hoax," and saying he could not "vouch" for the allegations being investigated.

"I do not consider the investigation to be corrupt, senator, but I certainly understand the President's frustration, given the outcome, which was in fact that there was no evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign advisers and Russians," Rosenstein said.

He also indicated that he would've made different decisions if he had all the relevant information at the time.

Rosenstein separately told Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) that he would not have signed off on a final surveillance warrant application for Page if he had known the information that was uncovered in an investigation by the DOJ inspector general, who found 17 significant errors and omissions within the initial warrant application and the three renewals in 2016 and 2017.

Comment

So much for BLM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-liv...jacked-message

“Protesters inside the self-declared autonomous zone in downtown Seattle booed and heckled members of the*African American Community Advisory Council Thursday afternoon as the group told demonstrators they had "hijacked" the message of Black Lives Matter.“

“The thing is, you have hijacked this! You have taken the meaning away!”

“Black lives do matter but there are also black lives that are police lives,” a woman from the council said, according to reports by Komo News. “They feel the same way that you do.”

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X