X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Update

Here is the return plan for soccer

http://www.gotsport.com/Content/directors/upimg/dir5113/nhsa%20rtp%20final%20(1).docx.pdf

Thank you, quite helpful.

Is this aligned with the NH Gov so it encompasses all teams, or specific to NHSA?

Comment

The NHSA e-mail:

"I hope you all are well and and have made the best of these unprecedented times. We have all played a part in flattening the curve here in the Granite State and we now find ourselves two weeks from our scheduled June 1 date. As we begin to see data come in from the Governors Stay at Home 2.0, I can not yet guarantee we can enter the next phase of our Return To Play Protocol, however I am hopeful and would like to keep this date for the time being. We will continue to work with local and state governments and make the best decisions when the time comes . Just because you can, does not mean you have to. We realize some communities or organizations may not be ready to enter the next phase, this is ultimately your decision and we are here for support.

Below is the link for Return To Play Protocol. We are currently in Phase 1. We ask everyone to please abide by these recommendations so that we can quickly move on to the next phase. If we do it right we will be back to our " new normal" in no time. It is my hope to officially announce phase 2 prior to May 25, 2020
      http://www.gotsport.com/Content/directors/upimg/dir5113/nhsa rtp final (1).docx.pdf

Please feel free too reach out should you have any questions or concerns

Rusty Wightman

President

New Hampshire Soccer Association

President@soccernh.org

soccernh.org

Comment

So we can start back up June 1st but the spring season is canceled? What am I missing? Are they planning on playing a summer season ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          So we can start back up June 1st but the spring season is canceled? What am I missing? Are they planning on playing a summer season ?
          NHSA is expecting to move into their 'Phase 2' on June 1st, but that is subject to change. NHSA Phase 3 is still TBD.

There is no talk of a summer season at the moment.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. I am just confused as to what will happen in phase 3. I have kids that play for club and town travel teams. I thought that I read that the travel season was cancelled. If so it seems strange for them to start practicing. As for the clubs I guess they will practice and hope to play in phase 3?

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. I am just confused as to what will happen in phase 3. I have kids that play for club and town travel teams. I thought that I read that the travel season was cancelled. If so it seems strange for them to start practicing. As for the clubs I guess they will practice and hope to play in phase 3?
              Each club, including town travel clubs, may be different. I know some “clubs” are hoping to play summer tournaments, some “town travel clubs” are looking to run some form of scrimmages or practices in the summer, some clubs will just look towards fall season.

Comment

Some kids just want to play, and aren't concerned about what season it is. If that means training (voluntary, wink-wink) all summer long and not seeing games until Fall, they'll take it. If my daughter dying to get on the pitch soon and see her teammates.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X