Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol....no need to add any other teams. I would add Spokane before Reign.
    This article confirms ECNL is not done adding teams, and highlights that the issues going on with Reign here are similar to those with other former DA clubs around the country and the ECNL clubs that would like to recruit players away from them.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/202...mfnb8KkYP5SYwg

Comment

There is already too many ECNL teams in Washington. Those kids should be able to compete for An ECNL spot on the current ECNL teams. diluting the talent and ability to go to a showcase and compete against top Cali teams
      Obviously, if ECNL is going to be an exclusive platform, it needs to have pro/rel, so the annointed clubs cannot simply rest on their laurels and say "if you want exposure at showcases, you have to play for us!" and charge a lot more money for access to college recruiting.

Otherwise, if it's a closed league, especially one that is forming a cartel with college coaches, then the attorney general's office in Olympia really ought to be investigating for anti-competitive behavior. If college programs and youth soccer leagues are colluding in this fashion, and engaging in the sort of exclusive dealing regularly boasted of around here ("if you don't play in ECNL, you won't get noticed!"), that could be is a violation of antitrust law.

Comment

Obviously, if ECNL is going to be an exclusive platform, it needs to have pro/rel, so the annointed clubs cannot simply rest on their laurels and say "if you want exposure at showcases, you have to play for us!" and charge a lot more money for access to college recruiting.

Otherwise, if it's a closed league, especially one that is forming a cartel with college coaches, then the attorney general's office in Olympia really ought to be investigating for anti-competitive behavior. If college programs and youth soccer leagues are colluding in this fashion, and engaging in the sort of exclusive dealing regularly boasted of around here ("if you don't play in ECNL, you won't get noticed!"), that could be is a violation of antitrust law.
        ECNL has no problem of booting under performing clubs. They always have and there will always be a long line of clubs trying to get in.

Comment

This article confirms ECNL is not done adding teams, and highlights that the issues going on with Reign here are similar to those with other former DA clubs around the country and the ECNL clubs that would like to recruit players away from them.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/202...mfnb8KkYP5SYwg
          The Reign already knows they are not getting in this year. You will hear within a week or two that they will play in PSPL and dangling the ECNL carrot for next year. They will lose a majority of their GDA players but will still be able to field PSPL teams as that is where their second teams were playing.

A majority of the GDA girls will have no problem getting on a team. It is the bottom girls on those the ECNL girls that need to worry. The truth is, no one is going to be turning players away this year.

Comment

ECNL has no problem of booting under performing clubs. They always have and there will always be a long line of clubs trying to get in.
            I looked at the standings and the big question is what does reign bring to the table. ?
            They are subpar at best and frankly have no stability. Coaches changing all the time and rosters depleted etc.

Comment

The Reign already knows they are not getting in this year. You will hear within a week or two that they will play in PSPL and dangling the ECNL carrot for next year. They will lose a majority of their GDA players but will still be able to field PSPL teams as that is where their second teams were playing.

A majority of the GDA girls will have no problem getting on a team. It is the bottom girls on those the ECNL girls that need to worry. The truth is, no one is going to be turning players away this year.
              Ok, so either the Coaching Director at Reign, the President of ECNL quoted in this article, or all these other clubs that say don’t know yet are lying when they say the decisions aren’t final and they’ll know within another week or two, or rando anonymous internet poster dude is just making stuff up. I’ll go with the latter. Reign may well not get into ECNL, but if they don’t GAL may well be a viable option if they can retain enough players. Unfortunately, all the other clubs in the are saw fit to take advantage of the situation by moving up virtual tryouts by a couple weeks and forcing kids to make decisions on short notice — all in the midst of a pandemic when no one can play at all for a while.

Comment

Curious how someone here keeps pushing the narrative that it’s already decided that Reign is out of ECNL while it seems pretty clear the parents haven't heard and don’t expect to for another week or two. It’s almost like someone sort of interest in convincing Reign families that they have to bail out now.

Comment

Curious how someone here keeps pushing the narrative that it’s already decided that Reign is out of ECNL while it seems pretty clear the parents haven't heard and don’t expect to for another week or two. It’s almost like someone sort of interest in convincing Reign families that they have to bail out now.
                  You mean the same thing that US Soccer did to GDA? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Ok, so either the Coaching Director at Reign, the President of ECNL quoted in this article, or all these other clubs that say don’t know yet are lying when they say the decisions aren’t final and they’ll know within another week or two, or rando anonymous internet poster dude is just making stuff up. I’ll go with the latter. Reign may well not get into ECNL, but if they don’t GAL may well be a viable option if they can retain enough players. Unfortunately, all the other clubs in the are saw fit to take advantage of the situation by moving up virtual tryouts by a couple weeks and forcing kids to make decisions on short notice — all in the midst of a pandemic when no one can play at all for a while.
                    I am a reign parent. And my concern is other club have been announced via the Ecnl website etc. Has Ecnl done a application process with a deadline. I am guessing no cause others are getting in. I do understand that US soccer pulled our league out from under us but what is the alternative for these kids. There is nothing concrete about GA or anything else and theism is an important time for not just my daughter but everybody’s kids. I have nothing bad to say about the reign or my time there but let’s call it what it is UNFORTUNATE and help and assist these girls get a home. Sending emails and keeping is on hold is not a gamble I am willing to take with my daughters soccer future.

Comment

You mean the same thing that US Soccer did to GDA? Asking for a friend.
                      Super nice of you to ask this for your friend because it’s a disingenuous question trying to correlate two separate situations and makes the person asking it seem like kind of an *******.

Comment

Curious that Reign would not inform their families of what they were doing next season before the deadline to try to join other clubs. It's almost as if they want to leave their families with no other options.

The sad truth is Reigns business model was built around DA. Hard to recreate a business in weeks.

Comment

Curious that Reign would not inform their families of what they were doing next season before the deadline to try to join other clubs. It's almost as if they want to leave their families with no other options.

The sad truth is Reigns business model was built around DA. Hard to recreate a business in weeks.
                          Think about it....there was no Reign 3 years ago.

The XFL started and disappeared just like that before their season even ended....it happens.

You can either be proactive or reactive as a parent.

Comment

I am a reign parent. And my concern is other club have been announced via the Ecnl website etc. Has Ecnl done a application process with a deadline. I am guessing no cause others are getting in. I do understand that US soccer pulled our league out from under us but what is the alternative for these kids. There is nothing concrete about GA or anything else and theism is an important time for not just my daughter but everybody’s kids. I have nothing bad to say about the reign or my time there but let’s call it what it is UNFORTUNATE and help and assist these girls get a home. Sending emails and keeping is on hold is not a gamble I am willing to take with my daughters soccer future.
                            This quote from the ECNL President from the article linked above — in which he also said that ECNL would be adding additional clubs over the next few weeks — sums it up:

“If a club is gonna lose a vast amount of players over a league spot, there’s a bigger problem in the club than the league spot,” Lavers said. “Leagues don’t develop soccer players. Clubs develop soccer players. There are clubs that are not in the league now that are gonna do a great job even not being in the ECNL, and they’re going to get into the ECNL.”

Your kid’s soccer future doesn’t depend on getting into ECNL or playing for an ECNL club. It depends on hard work, good coaching, and great teammates. If you’re at the Reign and feel like you have that, stay. The league situation will work itself out; the rest of the world is not living by the artificial deadlines the local clubs created for working out the tryout process in the middle of a pandemic. If you feel like you don’t have that at Reign, leave. But anyone (and especially anyone not yet a sophomore) who feels like they have great coaching and great teammates at Reign and chooses to leave to chase another patch on their kit has lost sight of what matters and stands a good chance of being less happy at their new club.

Comment

This quote from the ECNL President from the article linked above — in which he also said that ECNL would be adding additional clubs over the next few weeks — sums it up:

“If a club is gonna lose a vast amount of players over a league spot, there’s a bigger problem in the club than the league spot,” Lavers said. “Leagues don’t develop soccer players. Clubs develop soccer players. There are clubs that are not in the league now that are gonna do a great job even not being in the ECNL, and they’re going to get into the ECNL.”

Your kid’s soccer future doesn’t depend on getting into ECNL or playing for an ECNL club. It depends on hard work, good coaching, and great teammates. If you’re at the Reign and feel like you have that, stay. The league situation will work itself out; the rest of the world is not living by the artificial deadlines the local clubs created for working out the tryout process in the middle of a pandemic. If you feel like you don’t have that at Reign, leave. But anyone (and especially anyone not yet a sophomore) who feels like they have great coaching and great teammates at Reign and chooses to leave to chase another patch on their kit has lost sight of what matters and stands a good chance of being less happy at their new club.
                              Agreed, but many clubs in Lavers' league have the following recruiting pitch:

"Join our league or you won't get scouted". And there are more than a few college coaches who eagerly go along with this, happy to not have to pound as much pavement.

Of course, if your daughter is the best of the best, she'll probably get good offers no matter where she plays. But if she's the next tier down--good enough to play in college, but not going to be starting for UCLA or Stanford or UNC, and more interested in college for athletics than academics--playing for a travel league is helpful, and if many of the ECNL clubs had their way, mandatory.

That said, who knows what will happen with college soccer. A few colleges tried asking the NCAA "can we just have men's football and drop the other sports this year", and were thankfully told no. But if men's football gets cancelled this fall--don't be surprised if a lot of non-revenue sports get cancelled as well. (And while this might be disgusting, don't be surprised if women's sports bear the brunt, with Title IX cited as the reason).

Comment

You sound absolutely ridiculous and desperate. What the heck do you mean chase another patch or being less happy. You sure didn't have a problem doing that when you jumped to Reign when it started? Were you chasing a patch? Did you risk being less happy?
                                You are no different with your sales pitch then a club recruiting players away from reign Actually you are different, you have no idea what league or what your plan is.
                                There is a good chance of being less happy staying and having to piece meal a team together cause players have left.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X