Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one said they were the cream of the crop. If you take the Revs acadmy coaching staff many don't have anything higher than a D license.GH and BS are the only ones with ussf national licenses.
    The former dean college coach who was in charge of Revs residential camps was an odp coache 4 years ago and current interim assitant coach at northeastern mens was too.
    You seem really angry at the organization.
    Let me get this straight, you're actually comparing Massachusetts ODP to an MLS Academy program? Now that is a new one!! I'm not angry at ODP, I just think it absolutely is not relevant anymore.

Comment

It's seems as if you don't value the program. Ok, let other spend their own money .
      Not "spend", waste.

Comment

That is hilarious!! 32 staff members on Mass. ODP and you boast about 9 "A" USSF licenses??
        I know ALL of those coaches over the years and let me tell you that they are not regarded as the cream of the crop among coaching circles. Division 3, town programs and district select involvement. Guys from Billerica and Lexington youth soccer, district select and one DOC from Rush. (didn't even know Rush soccer was around these parts).
        Where can I sign up my kid? What a joke!!!
        __________________________________________________ _____________

Just from what we witnessed a few years ago, the overwhelming majority of the coaching staff on the fields were completely outta shape. Not a good sales pitch.

Comment

Not "spend", waste.
          Your poor family. My sympathy to them.

Comment

Your poor family. My sympathy to them.
            Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Comment

That is hilarious!! 32 staff members on Mass. ODP and you boast about 9 "A" USSF licenses??
              I know ALL of those coaches over the years and let me tell you that they are not regarded as the cream of the crop among coaching circles. Division 3, town programs and district select involvement. Guys from Billerica and Lexington youth soccer, district select and one DOC from Rush. (didn't even know Rush soccer was around these parts).
              Where can I sign up my kid? What a joke!!!
              __________________________________________________ _____________

Just from what we witnessed a few years ago, the overwhelming majority of the coaching staff on the fields were completely outta shape. Not a good sales pitch.
              44 inch waist coaches do not give a good impression. I saw the same. The players' skillset in ODP is the most troubling aspect though.

Comment

Not "spend", waste.
                After all of these years of you dissing the program like this, I think that it is safe to say that everyone understands that you don't like ODP. But then YOU are just a random scream in a crowd and since you too cowardly to identify yourself that opinion carries about as much weight as that of any lunatic screaming in a crowd does. One thing is pretty clear though, your opinion is more about your club affiliation and your relationships with other coaches than it is about what is best for the kids in the state.

As far as being a waste goes, that ultimately all comes down to what you are looking for from the program. In our particular case I believe that it was instrumental in propelling our daughter to the heights she has attained. I also honestly believe that it actually saved us from having to spend a lot of money travelling to showcases so I all in all we look at the program as being far from a waste.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
                  Are you allowed to sit at the adult table?

Comment

Not "spend", waste.
                    Never saw someone so concerned on how others spend their money. Dude, get a life of your own.

Comment

Never saw someone so concerned on how others spend their money. Dude, get a life of your own.
                      Wow, so defensive!! Good luck with a has been program like Mass ODP. In time, you'll see I was right, and you can think of our anonymous conversation here. once again, you've had ample warning. Now, go eat some turkey and chill.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                        After all of these years of you dissing the program like this, I think that it is safe to say that everyone understands that you don't like ODP. But then YOU are just a random scream in a crowd and since you too cowardly to identify yourself that opinion carries about as much weight as that of any lunatic screaming in a crowd does. One thing is pretty clear though, your opinion is more about your club affiliation and your relationships with other coaches than it is about what is best for the kids in the state.

As far as being a waste goes, that ultimately all comes down to what you are looking for from the program. In our particular case I believe that it was instrumental in propelling our daughter to the heights she has attained. I also honestly believe that it actually saved us from having to spend a lot of money travelling to showcases so I all in all we look at the program as being far from a waste.
                        Sir, you have a senior GK daughter who committed to college. You're out of the loop regarding ODP,actually several years removed from it. stay out of the conversation, your opinion is outdated.

Comment

BU12 GK tryout and I hope he makes the cut. If we don't like it, we don't do it again.

Everyone said don't do District Select and it turned out to be awesome. Great coach, great group of kids, and the team was very successful.

Take what people say here with a grain of salt. Angry/bitter responses are often not honest responses.

Try it out and see if it works for your kid.

Comment

The three NEFC 2000 girls in Boca Raton are committed to excellent schools. ODP was a big part of their success. I think they think that the program, at least at the regional level is worthwhile.

Comment

The three NEFC 2000 girls in Boca Raton are committed to excellent schools. ODP was a big part of their success. I think they think that the program, at least at the regional level is worthwhile.
                              Region 3. Didn't you get the point of this discussion? Region 1 ODP (especially Massachusetts), is no longer viable. Boys have plenty of DAP options and girls have ECNL choices. The top players of both genders are not getting into OPD anymore in this region and college coaches know that. Move to Florida.

Comment

Another sad and desperate attempt by USYS to go head to head with USCS,DAP and ECNL.
                                Have you seen the lowly team entries for this sham league? They also have included a "players to watch" piece. Ridiculous. Players to watch according to whom? Last gasp attempt to salvage an irrelevant organization.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X