Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Phillips Andover womens varsity soccer team is the Nepsac Class A champion for 2015.

They beat Worcester Academy today 1 to 0.

Big Blue's stellar coaching was clearly the deciding factor in this amazing season and championship win!!!

Outstanding job girls! Outstanding!
    I think what is rubbing people the wrong way is this is clearly not directed at the girls (who I hope have no idea that this site even exists). It was parents crowing, starting a new feed, whatever. The girls do have a ton to be proud of on both sides, so go tell them that, not a soccer board.

Comment

Talking soccer board

The last time I checked this board was for exactly this! Stop crying and shut it.

Comment

The last time I checked this board was for exactly this! Stop crying and shut it.
        Hooray. Andover won!!. Next year the seniors will be out of soccer.

Comment

Sour grapes

"The Andover folks should enjoy their title but realize it was a gift from a ref with an axe to grind so they might just want to have an ounce of class.[/QUOTE]"

You really have to be some kind of ignorant to make this comment above> A championship run is a culmination of events and games. It's not a single call that wins or loses a game. Come on seriously? A gift?? They beat WA multiple times and won it when it counted. Have some class yourself and give credit where credit is due. Oh yes and by the way the level of ignorance with the "rich" comments are even worse. While many Andover students come from wealthy families more than half the kids on that girls team are on some kind of financial aid because they are not RICH. Those comments are unwarranted and disingenuous at best. Phillips has become one of the only NEED BLIND prep schools in the country and they give more than 20 million dollars a year to kids that wouldn't get the opportunity to attend Andover. Think before you write.

Comment

How exactly is that different than the rest of the prep schools? More than half the kids on any team are in that same situation.

Comment

"The Andover folks should enjoy their title but realize it was a gift from a ref with an axe to grind so they might just want to have an ounce of class.
              "

You really have to be some kind of ignorant to make this comment above> A championship run is a culmination of events and games. It's not a single call that wins or loses a game. Come on seriously? A gift?? They beat WA multiple times and won it when it counted. Have some class yourself and give credit where credit is due. Oh yes and by the way the level of ignorance with the "rich" comments are even worse. While many Andover students come from wealthy families more than half the kids on that girls team are on some kind of financial aid because they are not RICH. Those comments are unwarranted and disingenuous at best. Phillips has become one of the only NEED BLIND prep schools in the country and they give more than 20 million dollars a year to kids that wouldn't get the opportunity to attend Andover. Think before you write.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the rich comment is off base and bad call or not, Andover won. What caught my attention with this thread, was the notion that Andover's coach's abilities so far exceeded those of his or her peers. The teams were well matched. A little humility goes a long way. Perhaps the person who started this thread should work on that during the off season.

Comment

You really have to be some kind of ignorant to make this comment above> A championship run is a culmination of events and games. It's not a single call that wins or loses a game. Come on seriously? A gift?? They beat WA multiple times and won it when it counted. Have some class yourself and give credit where credit is due. Oh yes and by the way the level of ignorance with the "rich" comments are even worse. While many Andover students come from wealthy families more than half the kids on that girls team are on some kind of financial aid because they are not RICH. Those comments are unwarranted and disingenuous at best. Phillips has become one of the only NEED BLIND prep schools in the country and they give more than 20 million dollars a year to kids that wouldn't get the opportunity to attend Andover. Think before you write.
                I agree, the rich comment is off base and bad call or not, Andover won. What caught my attention with this thread, was the notion that Andover's coach's abilities so far exceeded those of his or her peers. The teams were well matched. A little humility goes a long way. Perhaps the person who started this thread should work on that during the off season.
                Love the crowd here. How many titles has the coach won? You'd think they were a god the way that crowd is carrying on.

Comment

she got them hotel rooms--brilliant! Ready for the next level, for sure!

Comment

I was tempted to say that my daughter would punch me directly in the face if I was on here blabbing about her "accomplishments", but then I realized I'd probably do it to myself, first.

My gawd, blabbing and bragging like this is activity normally done by 15 year olds....

Comment

"The Andover folks should enjoy their title but realize it was a gift from a ref with an axe to grind so they might just want to have an ounce of class.
                      "

You really have to be some kind of ignorant to make this comment above> A championship run is a culmination of events and games. It's not a single call that wins or loses a game. Come on seriously? A gift?? They beat WA multiple times and won it when it counted. Have some class yourself and give credit where credit is due. Oh yes and by the way the level of ignorance with the "rich" comments are even worse. While many Andover students come from wealthy families more than half the kids on that girls team are on some kind of financial aid because they are not RICH. Those comments are unwarranted and disingenuous at best. Phillips has become one of the only NEED BLIND prep schools in the country and they give more than 20 million dollars a year to kids that wouldn't get the opportunity to attend Andover. Think before you write.[/QUOTE]

How many needs based players on the girls soccer team?

Comment

How many needs based players on the girls soccer team?[/QUOTE]

Why does that even matter? Girl's soccer at higher levels (top clubs, tops teams, top HS teams) generally involves kids whose parents have means. Not necessarily rich but doing better than the average Joe. The travel and fees are beyond the reach of many with median income.

Comment

Not defending this ridiculous chest-pumping thread by any means, I think it's atrocious, but I will say that many private schools are not for the extremely wealthy. My niece goes to another school, and their endowment is huge and therefore, are able to give to many students who could not afford to go there; she being one of them.

Comment

How many needs based players on the girls soccer team?
                            Why does that even matter? Girl's soccer at higher levels (top clubs, tops teams, top HS teams) generally involves kids whose parents have means. Not necessarily rich but doing better than the average Joe. The travel and fees are beyond the reach of many with median income.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the ones sending their daughters to schools like Andover in addition to paying the freight of club soccer are far more than "not necessarily rich". So let's not pretend otherwise.

https://www.andover.edu › Documents

Comment

That prior poster's allegations about the ref seem entirely baseless and innuendo.
                              Perhaps the better thing to do is look at the sony handy cam re runs. Sure there must have been many in operation at an event of this caliber.

Comment

That prior poster's allegations about the ref seem entirely baseless and innuendo.
                                Perhaps the better thing to do is look at the sony handy cam re runs. Sure there must have been many in operation at an event of this caliber.
                                On a video that's been posted you can here someone say the ref's flag was up. Unfortunately, the video does not show the linesman.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X