X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPSL Team coming to Boston

http://www.bostoncityfc.com/boston-c...oins-the-npsl/

With all the NPSL expansion I think it's fitting Boston gets a team. No mention of where they'll play, but I have to say this is a team that could get a pretty big following. Excited to see where they go from here.

Let me know if someone decides to try and create a USL Pro or NASL professional franchise in the Greater Boston area. Hearing about yet another amateur PDL or NPSL side does nothing for me after having seen so many underwhelm and fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let me know if someone decides to try and create a USL Pro or NASL professional franchise in the Greater Boston area. Hearing about yet another amateur PDL or NPSL side does nothing for me after having seen so many underwhelm and fail.
      I do agree, it's almost always been a failure, look at Boston Victory. Hopefully they will learn from the mistakes of others.

Maybe it's these failures that's deterring a USL or NASL side from here?

Comment

Not much from the press release to be honest. I'll believe it when I see it, hopefully they'll be more competitive than our other local NPSL teams.

Comment

http://www.bostoncityfc.com/boston-c...oins-the-npsl/

With all the NPSL expansion I think it's fitting Boston gets a team. No mention of where they'll play, but I have to say this is a team that could get a pretty big following. Excited to see where they go from here.
          Valeo is behind this. Wealthy group from Newton.

Comment

Valeo is behind this. Wealthy group from Newton.
            You sure about that? Because Boston City FC has been around for about a year and has some youth teams.

Comment

You sure about that? Because Boston City FC has been around for about a year and has some youth teams.
              This guy silva left Valeo about a year ago. Don't think they parted on good terms.

Silva, who is also known as Palhinha, is the other co-founder of Boston City FC. He is a world-renowned Brazilian footballer best known for his time with São Paulo and the Brazil national team. As a player, he won the Intercontinental Cup twice and the Copa Libertadores three times, finishing as the tournament’s top scorer in 1992.

Comment

This guy silva left Valeo about a year ago. Don't think they parted on good terms.

Silva, who is also known as Palhinha, is the other co-founder of Boston City FC. He is a world-renowned Brazilian footballer best known for his time with São Paulo and the Brazil national team. As a player, he won the Intercontinental Cup twice and the Copa Libertadores three times, finishing as the tournament’s top scorer in 1992.
                Hopefully he and he other guys involved can make this success. A team in Boston could be very successfully supported. But no announcement on coaching staff, stadium, or tryout dates isn't a very encouraging start.

Comment

Speaking of higher level teams, what's up with the Boston Rams? They have a decent side but never update their website, difficult to keep up with them... Not really a club people get behind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X