Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You never answer direct questions, diversion being one of your obvious techniques, along with insults. Enjoy your retirement from the outdoor game.
    Because you are not asking direct questions but dealing in generalities. Ask me a direct question by citing a specific scenario and I will give you a direct answer.

Your post further proves that you are not an official because you want balls and strikes answers to soccer matters.

- Cujo

Comment

Officials are used to this. That is not the issue. The problem is that children view their parents as a greater authority than a referee and react to what their parents are doing. The issue therefore is not the impact the sidelines have on the officials but the impact that it has on young players. I actually chuckle every time the chorus of "Handball!!!!" rises up from the sidelines when the ball hits a hand inadvertently. What is not funny are the players who stop playing and then look to me waiting for a call.

- Cujo
      Not sure if I'm talking to you, or not. Can't tell if you only sometimes sign your name, and other times play the anon card. .... but...I was responding to whomever posted "So tired of the sidelines".

So, either:

1) "Officials are used to this" (then why say you are tired?)
      2) Not for you to comment on, since it was in reply to someone else

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        because you are not asking direct questions but dealing in generalities. Ask me a direct question by citing a specific scenario and i will give you a direct answer.

Your post further proves that you are not an official because you want balls and strikes answers to soccer matters.

- cujo
        07:41

Comment

Speaking from the sidelines (and one who also can't stand it, even when the cat-calling is from parents from my kid's team), not much you can do about it.

Take your whistle and go home, or get a thicker skin.
          For what it's worth, I'm not a referee. I'm a coach, parent and fan of the game. Everyone has a hand in making what's largely a great thing much better.

Comment

Officials are used to this. That is not the issue. The problem is that children view their parents as a greater authority than a referee and react to what their parents are doing. The issue therefore is not the impact the sidelines have on the officials but the impact that it has on young players. I actually chuckle every time the chorus of "Handball!!!!" rises up from the sidelines when the ball hits a hand inadvertently. What is not funny are the players who stop playing and then look to me waiting for a call.

- Cujo
            All true. If every adult had a filter or pause button that gave them one second to think "Is this better for the kids?" and proceeded accordingly, the youth game would be substantially better and different.

Comment

Not sure if I'm talking to you, or not. Can't tell if you only sometimes sign your name, and other times play the anon card. .... but...I was responding to whomever posted "So tired of the sidelines".

So, either:

1) "Officials are used to this" (then why say you are tired?)
              2) Not for you to comment on, since it was in reply to someone else
              I have signed my name to every post in this thread that I have made.

- Cujo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X