Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First, just looking at the brackets, I counted 4 NEFC Elite teams and 3 Premier North teams participating, so for at least accuracy sake, you are incorrect saying there no elite or premier north teams playing.

Secondly, and this is just my take on it, but as I said before, it's the first year. I'll assume that many of their other top teams have been committed to GPS and/or Bethesda for past years and would rather use their tournament $$ for the higher competition this year. Of course this tournament is not going to be as strong a field in year one, and given the choice, some top NEFC teams will go to where they will be best challenged at least until their tournament gets stronger. Obviously, some of the top NEFC teams that are doing this tournament, are choosing to do both. Good for them.
    Righr, at the older age brackets (U15 and up) where those teams are trying to gain as much playing time as possible now that HS is over. SC needs to do a better job moving forward on this tournament. But you know that already, right SC?

Comment

Righr, at the older age brackets (U15 and up) where those teams are trying to gain as much playing time as possible now that HS is over. SC needs to do a better job moving forward on this tournament. But you know that already, right SC?
      Oh jeez there's the creative accusation that I'm SC. Sorry to disappoint, but just because I defended the tournament doesn't mean I'm involved with planning it. I'm not involved at all, but I have worked on building many events from scratch as part of my previous career, and I have also worked on putting on a soccer tournament at the town travel level. It was just my take on why a first year tournament may not be as big as well established ones yet. It's not really complicated really, but go ahead and take your shots for whatever reason. I could careless. What I will say, is that if it doesn't grow bigger and stronger within 3 years then I'd probably agree with you. Of course if they're making more money than they are spending they will not care one bit what anyone thinks.

Comment

It could be that the NEFC tournament is designed for the lower tier teams that don't have the same commitment of the elite teams. I'm sure other clubs struggle with this too.

Comment

Oh jeez there's the creative accusation that I'm SC. Sorry to disappoint, but just because I defended the tournament doesn't mean I'm involved with planning it. I'm not involved at all, but I have worked on building many events from scratch as part of my previous career, and I have also worked on putting on a soccer tournament at the town travel level. It was just my take on why a first year tournament may not be as big as well established ones yet. It's not really complicated really, but go ahead and take your shots for whatever reason. I could careless. What I will say, is that if it doesn't grow bigger and stronger within 3 years then I'd probably agree with you. Of course if they're making more money than they are spending they will not care one bit what anyone thinks.
          I hope it catches on, these out of state tournaments can run from 500-800 dollars by the time you are done with the weekend on top of your club annual fee. Do three of those and the cost doubles. The bottom line is there is plenty of competition right here to have quality tournaments. Please please catch on

Comment

joke compared to GPS

This is a real joke compared to gps at older ages - all the top teams in gps

Comment

Club soccer is an economic marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                this is a real joke compared to gps at older ages - all the top teams in gps
                gps gps gps!!!

Comment

gps gps gps!!!
                  Its a joke that all the top GPS teams are participating in their own lower tier tournament.

Comment

Any word on when we might see a coaches attending list for the NEFC?

Comment

http://events.gotsport.com/events/co...?EventID=47103.

Comment

Not so mediocre MAPLE teams

It appears some lowly MAPLE teams snuck in and won some games and took home some hardware in U13 Boys.

Comment

It appears some lowly MAPLE teams snuck in and won some games and took home some hardware in U13 Boys.
                          Wait...wait...they're coming.
                          EXCUSES!

Comment

You call those elite teams that were playing in this competition? It was maple vs maple...... I laughed pretty hard at this one. You have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Beat some pretty good NEP teams in the process. NEP so watered down it almost resembles a mediocre Maple Div.

Comment

Beat some pretty good NEP teams in the process. NEP so watered down it almost resembles a mediocre Maple Div.
                                So the top team in maple barely beat a team in the 4th/5th division of NEP and folks are getting excited? Aim a little higher people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X