Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who cares? Loser tournament for chasing ego boosts to teams losing their place in gotSoccer.
    Obviously you or why post.

If you don't have anything to do OR want to have anything to do with the tournament why even look at the thread...

Comment

So where is the list??

Comment

So where is the list??
        The email said by end of day. Go relax with your family on a Friday night, and stop worrying about which teams your child is playing in a soccer tournament.

Comment

The email said by end of day. Go relax with your family on a Friday night, and stop worrying about which teams your child is playing in a soccer tournament.
          So where's the list?

Comment

So where's the list?
            On the friggin website

Comment

Well nefc didn't even include thier top teams

Comment

Well nefc didn't even include thier top teams
                this is good for your team, no?

Comment

Very poor field.

Comment

Very poor field.
                    Are you talking playing field? or the competition in your age group?

In the age bracket my kid is playing there are top teams from MA, CT and VT.

Our team is excited to be going it.

Comment

Are you talking playing field? or the competition in your age group?

In the age bracket my kid is playing there are top teams from MA, CT and VT.

Our team is excited to be going it.
                      Competition in age group. Specifically looking at girls side, second and third tier Maple teams. No big club names other than NEFC. Look at the accepted teams at GPS tournament and then NEFC and there is no comparison.

Comment

Competition in age group. Specifically looking at girls side, second and third tier Maple teams. No big club names other than NEFC. Look at the accepted teams at GPS tournament and then NEFC and there is no comparison.
                        And before anyone screams NEFC hater, my kid is at NEFC and we are dissappointed.

Comment

Its the first year for this tournament. Top teams aren't always going to just jump because its there. We'll see how it fares 2-3 years down the road, but for now I'm ok with finishing our season with this tournament, especially since its the week before Thanksgiving instead (better for my family) and since my child's team is playing up an age bracket so the competition should still be there for them.

Comment

Its the first year for this tournament. Top teams aren't always going to just jump because its there. We'll see how it fares 2-3 years down the road, but for now I'm ok with finishing our season with this tournament, especially since its the week before Thanksgiving instead (better for my family) and since my child's team is playing up an age bracket so the competition should still be there for them.
                            Maybe so, but how do you explain half of the top teams FROM NEFC not attending? Southest Premiere teams are attending but no Elite, no North Premiere teams?

If the tourney can't get the teams from its own club to attend, why would anyone else gain interest. Look at GPS, all their teams participate in their tourneys so if you are going to attend, your team will align with a GPS team regardless of your teams playing level.

Comment

Maybe so, but how do you explain half of the top teams FROM NEFC not attending? Southest Premiere teams are attending but no Elite, no North Premiere teams?

If the tourney can't get the teams from its own club to attend, why would anyone else gain interest. Look at GPS, all their teams participate in their tourneys so if you are going to attend, your team will align with a GPS team regardless of your teams playing level.
                              Correction, there are some Elite and North teams participating but not a good mix throughout each gender or by age.

Comment

First, just looking at the brackets, I counted 4 NEFC Elite teams and 3 Premier North teams participating, so for at least accuracy sake, you are incorrect saying there no elite or premier north teams playing.

Secondly, and this is just my take on it, but as I said before, it's the first year. I'll assume that many of their other top teams have been committed to GPS and/or Bethesda for past years and would rather use their tournament $$ for the higher competition this year. Of course this tournament is not going to be as strong a field in year one, and given the choice, some top NEFC teams will go to where they will be best challenged at least until their tournament gets stronger. Obviously, some of the top NEFC teams that are doing this tournament, are choosing to do both. Good for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X