Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is wrong with you? My kids team just made it into tourney, didn't last long, probably expected to do same this year, so no I am not going to "pitch" for my girls team. You are sad, angry and need help. The teams I mentioned are the ones that I remember reading about, the ones that went the furthest, there are probably some I missed. I was simply mentioning the ones that I could recall doing well. Go back to bed
    Apologies, I may have misread your original response as being snarky.

Comment

Apologies, I may have misread your original response as being snarky.
      Apology Accepted!! This site does have respectful posters!! Thank you, and I really look forward to the upcoming HS season, irregardless of how my daughters team does. HS is so much more fun than club, it's pretty good soccer for us - and my daughter loves playing for her HS team!! I think more players than not probably feel the same way, I'm thinking some parents agree too!

Comment

Apology Accepted!! This site does have respectful posters!! Thank you, and I really look forward to the upcoming HS season, irregardless of how my daughters team does. HS is so much more fun than club, it's pretty good soccer for us - and my daughter loves playing for her HS team!! I think more players than not probably feel the same way, I'm thinking some parents agree too!
        My daughter does play for one of the teams that went far in tourney, and she also plays for A very good club team, and I have to agree. The excitement I see when the HS season and games start is all worth it. The HS rivalries, team dinners and bus rides together probably mean more than any title they are shooting for. I know she will miss this experience as much or more than all her wonderful trips she has taken with her club team. I really do enjoy the HS season as well, especially tourney time, seeing who qualifies and what their draw in tournament is always a big deal at our house. We have a big extended family that gets just as excited to see the HS games as we do. I truly wish everyone a great new HS season to come!! As my husband says, everyone is starting out in same position, same standings on the first day of HS season, it's always a new journey, and it's anyone's chance to win once it starts!!

Comment

My daughter does play for one of the teams that went far in tourney, and she also plays for A very good club team, and I have to agree. The excitement I see when the HS season and games start is all worth it. The HS rivalries, team dinners and bus rides together probably mean more than any title they are shooting for. I know she will miss this experience as much or more than all her wonderful trips she has taken with her club team. I really do enjoy the HS season as well, especially tourney time, seeing who qualifies and what their draw in tournament is always a big deal at our house. We have a big extended family that gets just as excited to see the HS games as we do. I truly wish everyone a great new HS season to come!! As my husband says, everyone is starting out in same position, same standings on the first day of HS season, it's always a new journey, and it's anyone's chance to win once it starts!!
          I couldn't agree more. My kids all play club soccer and I would argue that the level of play for the most part is better in club, but there is nothing like the HS season. Honestly, I'm not sure who enjoys it more, my kids or me.

Comment

No love for the prep schools in this crowd? There are several that belong in the discussion as not only best HS teams in the state but also the region and country.

Comment

No love for the prep schools in this crowd? There are several that belong in the discussion as not only best HS teams in the state but also the region and country.
              To be fair, they should be the best teams in the state. They Recruit.

Comment

And kids often repeat a year or are a Post Grad

Comment

OA will be very strong this fall. Mansfield will also be in the hunt
                  From a Franklin parent, OA and Mansfield have always put out solid teams and should never be taken lightly.

Comment

So many great players are graduating from traditionally strong programs such as Franklin, needham, Bishop Feehan, West Springfield, AB, LS that it should be an exciting and highly competitive D1 season. I really look forward to who see who comes out of each sectional.

Comment

Lol. Very amusing how the different camps on this site perceive things. One camp here is absolutely convinced that the preps don't give anything special to athletes to entice them to attend, so how can there be recruiting if there is nothing being gained?

The reality of the situation is not unlike the all boy's Catholic schools in that there is not a lot of actual "recruiting" that takes place and it is more the prestige of the sports programs and academic reputations that lure in the better athletes to attend them. What happens with the preps is simply a form of school choice and we all know that public schools like WH use school choice to their benefit, why then hold a similar personal choice against the preps? This post above as silly as saying that Catholic Memorial is NOT one of the best basketball programs or Xaverian is NOT one of the best football programs in the state because the parents of really good student athletes choose to send their kids there. Sort of small minded.

What this region needs is an open tournament where the best high school teams can compete against each other and crown champions. Years ago they used to have something like it called the Tech Tourney in basketball. It would be fun to see schools prove their dominance for a change instead of making excuses for them.

Comment

Lol. Very amusing how the different camps on this site perceive things. One camp here is absolutely convinced that the preps don't give anything special to athletes to entice them to attend, so how can there be recruiting if there is nothing being gained?

The reality of the situation is not unlike the all boy's Catholic schools in that there is not a lot of actual "recruiting" that takes place and it is more the prestige of the sports programs and academic reputations that lure in the better athletes to attend them....
                        LOL, indeed! What happened, BTDT? The school politely told you to shut the hell up, since you were here bragging a couple months ago about the something "special" money?

Btw, your illogic is still a textbook case--when you net it all down, in reality.

Comment

The reality of the situation is not unlike the all boy's Catholic schools in that there is not a lot of actual "recruiting" that takes place and it is more the prestige of the sports programs and academic reputations that lure in the better athletes to attend them. What happens with the preps is simply a form of school choice and we all know that public schools like WH use school choice to their benefit, why then hold a similar personal choice against the preps? This post above as silly as saying that Catholic Memorial is NOT one of the best basketball programs or Xaverian is NOT one of the best football programs in the state because the parents of really good student athletes choose to send their kids there. Sort of small minded.

What this region needs is an open tournament where the best high school teams can compete against each other and crown champions. Years ago they used to have something like it called the Tech Tourney in basketball. It would be fun to see schools prove their dominance for a change instead of making excuses for them.
                          This makes little sense. Nobody said the preps weren't the best. In fact the initial response admitted they were. The point was that they are the best and they should be the best due to their rather obvious advantages.

Comment

This makes little sense. Nobody said the preps weren't the best. In fact the initial response admitted they were. The point was that they are the best and they should be the best due to their rather obvious advantages.
                            There has been reference before to private schools that have exchange students, that play in youth national leagues, of college age, that need the grades to get to their college choice.

Is that considered recruiting?

Comment

There has been reference before to private schools that have exchange students, that play in youth national leagues, of college age, that need the grades to get to their college choice.

Is that considered recruiting?
                              It is considered an advantage. The prep schools have access to players that Public schools do not. Public schools cannot pick and choose who attends their school. Prep schools can.

Comment

School of choice can, just ask WH coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X