Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeh you missed it. School is a priority on most week nights for half the team, the half that have their priorities in order. Give yourself a pat on the back for driving your kid around Bostin three school nights a week. Those kids will be going pro any day now, why focus on school?

School should be the priority and I would have my son miss a practice or game for a school happening. I know that many kids have Russian Matt or Kumon or whatever that are afterschool, evenings and weekends.
    However, prioritization and education at this age group is what they are learning such that time budgeting is part of that education. It is just as important to figure out ways for your child to learn how to schedule, reschedule and manage time effectively and efficiently. Perhaps that includes attending another club practice.
    That said, if not possible to do both, then find a team that allows either the mix or to do both withouth conflict. But, don't be annoyed if the team/coach puts another kid in place who shows up regularly.

Comment

School should be the priority and I would have my son miss a practice or game for a school happening. I know that many kids have Russian Matt or Kumon or whatever that are afterschool, evenings and weekends.
      However, prioritization and education at this age group is what they are learning such that time budgeting is part of that education. It is just as important to figure out ways for your child to learn how to schedule, reschedule and manage time effectively and efficiently. Perhaps that includes attending another club practice.
      That said, if not possible to do both, then find a team that allows either the mix or to do both withouth conflict. But, don't be annoyed if the team/coach puts another kid in place who shows up regularly.
      You are still confusing your roll as over involved helicopter soccer mom and professional coach. FYI you are the former. Perhaps you should worry about your own kid and get over your maniacal obsession with other specific kids. No other team at this age practices three school nights for a good reason. If there was a third practice on weekends in the spring the other ten players would show up, not that complicated.

Comment

You are still confusing your roll as over involved helicopter soccer mom and professional coach. FYI you are the former. Perhaps you should worry about your own kid and get over your maniacal obsession with other specific kids. No other team at this age practices three school nights for a good reason. If there was a third practice on weekends in the spring the other ten players would show up, not that complicated.
        Pre-academies practice 3-4 week nights all over the country. Just because my kid attends 3 weekday practices does not mean he does not make school a priority. You're just trying to make yourself feel better about your son not going.

Know this. The players that do attend 3x are quite happy for the extra and individual attention that also includes pointers for RTC and other events important to some players. You could tell who attends and who doesn't- already. Suit yourself.

Comment

Pre-academies practice 3-4 week nights all over the country. Just because my kid attends 3 weekday practices does not mean he does not make school a priority. You're just trying to make yourself feel better about your son not going.

Know this. The players that do attend 3x are quite happy for the extra and individual attention that also includes pointers for RTC and other events important to some players. You could tell who attends and who doesn't- already. Suit yourself.
          Based upon this post I have to ask - where is your little blue winky face you use at the end of these types of messages?

Comment

Gee thanks. If instead of a professional coach, I decide to seek advice from an obsessive soccer mom who ridicules 12 year olds and coach of her sons team and knows absolutely nothing about the game, you will definitely be the first one I'll ask.

Comment

My son is on B13-2. He would love to go to the extra practice. Valeo has had 3 day a week practice for last couple of years. This is the first year that they don't have it.

FWIW -- he also have RSM and music and along with honors courses

Comment

Gee thanks. If instead of a professional coach, I decide to seek advice from an obsessive soccer mom who ridicules 12 year olds and coach of her sons team and knows absolutely nothing about the game, you will definitely be the first one I'll ask.
                Why are you so angry? If you decide not to attend practice, that is your choice (for your son.)

Why can't I describe the benefits? They are very obvious anyway :)

Comment

He's baaaaaaack!!

Dude no one is giving you advice. Relax.

Comment

My son is on B13-2. He would love to go to the extra practice. Valeo has had 3 day a week practice for last couple of years. This is the first year that they don't have it.

FWIW -- he also have RSM and music and along with honors courses
                    For the price being paid clubs should offer a minimum of three practices per week. Earlier planning, scheduling, and delivery of such information would allow parents to plan ahead so that their child could attend three practices per week.

It was excellent having three per week with Valeo, however this was only in the Fall but not in the Spring unless DL held in impromptu session of Saturday AM. In the Spring the older teams start up and field space is limited.

School should always be a priority but there is no reason that the academic calendar could not allow for three practices per week, unless your child is scheduled for other sports and stuff. If so and you are complaining then I submit that you might have over-scheduled your child.

Comment

For the price being paid clubs should offer a minimum of three practices per week. Earlier planning, scheduling, and delivery of such information would allow parents to plan ahead so that their child could attend three practices per week.

It was excellent having three per week with Valeo, however this was only in the Fall but not in the Spring unless DL held in impromptu session of Saturday AM. In the Spring the older teams start up and field space is limited.

School should always be a priority but there is no reason that the academic calendar could not allow for three practices per week, unless your child is scheduled for other sports and stuff. If so and you are complaining then I submit that you might have over-scheduled your child.
                      Valeo is growing too fast and I hear it is difficult to get fields with all the other clubs growing too. DL and AG fought for an extra field for many months. If a parent now complains that the field availability is not on a day that is convenient for them, it makes their joy of serving Valeo that much better. ;)

The Monday practice has worked out well with the Elite U13 and U14 teams practicing together. The fewer number of kids is also good for my son, who has benefitted from the extra attention.

So thanks DL and AG and the other coaches who attend to help. Very much appreciated!

Comment

The practices with DL are great but a third weeknight doesn't work for half the team, especially with long road trips for kids taking advanced classes. If a parent who repeatedly pulled her kids from practice for extra math when there were only two school night practices now wants to get on her soapbox about team committent (aimed at one of the ten kids, she is obsessed for some reason) well... hypocritical but typical. Yawn.

Comment

The practices with DL are great but a third weeknight doesn't work for half the team, especially with long road trips for kids taking advanced classes. If a parent who repeatedly pulled her kids from practice for extra math when there were only two school night practices now wants to get on her soapbox about team committent (aimed at one of the ten kids, she is obsessed for some reason) well... hypocritical but typical. Yawn.
                          Team commitment? Who said anything about that? What's the matter? Trying to justify not going a third night? I suppose getting on a soapbox about team commitment is another thing to anger you further. Isn't team commitment important? No? Only when it suits you? Or is it the compliments to AG and DL that anger you? Not allowed? I think everyone should check with you before posting to see if you approve, Mr TS Police?

Comment

No one cares if your kid doesn't go! The fewer the better! Get it?

Comment

Team commitment? Who said anything about that? What's the matter? Trying to justify not going a third night? I suppose getting on a soapbox about team commitment is another thing to anger you further. Isn't team commitment important? No? Only when it suits you? Or is it the compliments to AG and DL that anger you? Not allowed? I think everyone should check with you before posting to see if you approve, Mr TS Police?
                              Wow you have a lot of anger. Why? Drag your kids out three school nights if you want but many parents obviously think that's pretty silly. In case you missed the memo, you are not exactly in a position to lecture anyone on anything, certainly not commitment. Hope you get over your anger!

Comment

No one cares if your kid doesn't go! The fewer the better! Get it?
                                It is much better when the TS police kid is not there. Slows the whole scrimmage down. It's a fact.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X