Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Klinsmann was the change just a few short years ago.
    We have limited world cup talent. There is nobody hiding in closets or the pitches of Mass, there is no secret club of unknown players. It will take years at the youth level to fix this.
    Bill Shankley could coach for now and it won't make a difference. Stop looking for the quick fix.
    That's just not true, we have the players, just not the coaches and development needed for them to reach max. Potential. We need to find a different way to do this than Europe, because we have the college game, it's not going anywhere, and good players do come from there.

Comment

No one on this entire thread has mentioned Sunil Gulati. He is the person you would think is responsible for the hires. How he has survived this long is a mystery to me.

Comment

USMNT is crap. Too many players from the MLS where 5 passes-in-a-row is considered a record. Zero field players playing for a top team in any of the top leagues. Luckily they play in CONCACAF where the level of opposition is so weak that the US can qualify for the World Cup.

Enough said.

Comment

No one on this entire thread has mentioned Sunil Gulati. He is the person you would think is responsible for the hires. How he has survived this long is a mystery to me.
          he has no spine and does not truly understand what needs to be done... but sounds very smart. This is generally the reason why he's still around

Comment

My 16 year old's response to this thread was "well, we are better than China!"

Comment

My 16 year old's response to this thread was "well, we are better than China!"
              And India! We must be doing pretty well!

Comment

And India! We must be doing pretty well!
                Exactly!

Comment

Fabian Johnson and Brooks instrumental in BM beating Bayern 3-1 today!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...164730288.html

Comment

Yes. It was an exciting game. Fabian Johnson is a very good player and his stock rose considerably today. If we can just find 10 more players and a coach we're all set.

...I think the right coach would find the players. Klinnsman seems to either be lazy or simply have tunnel vision zeroed in players that just can't rise to the next level of an intensely team sport.

Comment

Brooks must be a real good player if he helped Moenchenglabach win when he plays for Hertha BSC.

Comment

Brooks must be a real good player if he helped Moenchenglabach win when he plays for Hertha BSC.

Monchengladbach* I'll give myself an A for effort.

Comment

The point is Brooks and Johnson contributed big-time today

Comment

The point is Brooks and Johnson contributed big-time today
                            I don't get the point? Brooks has been a good player for Hertha since last season... His passing was just over 75% accurate last year and he was 3rd in the Bundesliga in winning his 1v1 defenses. It's nothing new.

Comment

I don't get the point? Brooks has been a good player for Hertha since last season... His passing was just over 75% accurate last year and he was 3rd in the Bundesliga in winning his 1v1 defenses. It's nothing new.
                              ok but he still delivered big today. that header was incredible

Comment

ok but he still delivered big today. that header was incredible
                                Yes it was a good finish, he's a quality player, hopefully a future starting center back.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X