Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lincoln-Sudbury is in the state high school finals, so rethink you position. You're confusing your cozy club soccer cocoon with the real world.
    High School soccer is a joke.

Comment

I find that club parents that have paid there way onto teams or euro trash have this attitude.

High school soccer serves a purpose as does club soccer.
      You can't beat the atmosphere at a good high school program. We have been very lucky that our son plays in a good league TVL. The soccer is very fun to watch and the atmosphere especially during the tournament was amazing. Good memories for the family and friends

Comment

No stronger exhibit in the case that club soccer is a sham.

(I'm not actually serious, just highlighting that the comment isn't serious).

Most high school soccer, just like club soccer, is a normal distribution of something between elite and sucking beyond belief, in other words plain old mediocrity. That's a function of the players and the coaches, sure there are loads of crap everywhere. But if you're fortunate enough to have a kid still playing in their high school season, then you know the joke is on the person who doesn't, but calls it a joke.

Comment

Teams in the tournament this year had players that don't play soccer other than during the season, and never play club soccer.
          Always, true, but the exception, because they're exceptional athletes.

Comment

No stronger exhibit in the case that club soccer is a sham.

(I'm not actually serious, just highlighting that the comment isn't serious).

Most high school soccer, just like club soccer, is a normal distribution of something between elite and sucking beyond belief, in other words plain old mediocrity. That's a function of the players and the coaches, sure there are loads of crap everywhere. But if you're fortunate enough to have a kid still playing in their high school season, then you know the joke is on the person who doesn't, but calls it a joke.
            Well said!

Comment

Winning vs. Development

Well said!
              Agreed.

Comment

Well said!
                Agreed, I'll be watching college commits, including my own, play in front of packed crowds making great memories tomorrow. Some joke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X