Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here you go! I think the OP was talking about the toothless group out at Harmony. Those gun toting Vantuckians are banging the ball all over the place winning games.
    after Vantucky everyone else is fighting for 2nd. Vantucky is 6 pts ahead with one game less played.

TEAM GP GF GA GD PTS

***C 04 6 26 6 20 18
    BSC 04 7 16 16 0 12
    CFC 04 6 10 7 3 10
    WESTSI 7 23 14 9 9
    CROSSF 7 17 11 6 8
    FCPDX 04 7 9 10 -1 5
    EASTSID 6 4 36 -32 1
    Dismal DA. One team dominates. Would Vantucky even win the OYSA league?

Comment

Of course, and they would wipe the floor with Timbers 04 DA also.

Comment

Nope PCU would beat them

Comment

Lame

Here you go! I think the OP was talking about the toothless group out at Harmony. Those gun toting Vantuckians are banging the ball all over the place winning games.
          after Vantucky everyone else is fighting for 2nd. Vantucky is 6 pts ahead with one game less played.

TEAM GP GF GA GD PTS

***C 04 6 26 6 20 18
          BSC 04 7 16 16 0 12
          CFC 04 6 10 7 3 10
          WESTSI 7 23 14 9 9
          CROSSF 7 17 11 6 8
          FCPDX 04 7 9 10 -1 5
          EASTSID 6 4 36 -32 1
          If you did a little research, you would realize that Harmony is situated in one of the most affluent areas in the Portland metro area. Vantucky/toothless/dodging bullets shows your ignorance. I find it humorous that people want to shade the WT when in reality they have very polished 04 and 05 DA teams. They move the ball fluidly and build from the back to score. I have seen a few other teams that seem to be taking strides in the right direction and have quality teams (Crossfire stands out particularly the 05's). I have also noticed that TA has taken a few key players from a once dominant clubs which has leveled the playing field (which may be benefiting clubs like WT). While reading through these threads and attending my kids games, I have realized that there are good/bad parents on every sideline and in every forum. Crossfire 05 seems to have parents that respect the players and the game. Coach's seem to drive the personality of the team and in some cases the parents. A coach who disrespects his players and the referees breeds that type of behavior with his players and it can also translate to the parents. Coaches should police themselves first, and restrict their parents who cannot keep it together. The one conclusion that I HAVE drawn from club soccer, economics is a key factor in why US Soccer cannot cultivate the best talent. Premier/DA/ECNL excludes a vast majority of the children in the US from participating. I have seen dozens of ultra-talented 7-8 year old kids drop off from club when their team moves from rec to premier with the cost being the #1 contributing factor. It is sad for lack of a better word.

Comment

If you did a little research, you would realize that Harmony is situated in one of the most affluent areas in the Portland metro area. Vantucky/toothless/dodging bullets shows your ignorance. I find it humorous that people want to shade the WT when in reality they have very polished 04 and 05 DA teams. They move the ball fluidly and build from the back to score. I have seen a few other teams that seem to be taking strides in the right direction and have quality teams (Crossfire stands out particularly the 05's). I have also noticed that TA has taken a few key players from a once dominant clubs which has leveled the playing field (which may be benefiting clubs like WT). While reading through these threads and attending my kids games, I have realized that there are good/bad parents on every sideline and in every forum. Crossfire 05 seems to have parents that respect the players and the game. Coach's seem to drive the personality of the team and in some cases the parents. A coach who disrespects his players and the referees breeds that type of behavior with his players and it can also translate to the parents. Coaches should police themselves first, and restrict their parents who cannot keep it together. The one conclusion that I HAVE drawn from club soccer, economics is a key factor in why US Soccer cannot cultivate the best talent. Premier/DA/ECNL excludes a vast majority of the children in the US from participating. I have seen dozens of ultra-talented 7-8 year old kids drop off from club when their team moves from rec to premier with the cost being the #1 contributing factor. It is sad for lack of a better word.
            A quick note. In local soccer parlance, "WT" always refers to Westside Timbers. Washington Timbers is either WashT or the unfortunate W T F C, an acronym that gets bleeped by this website.

Why? Dunno, just because.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2137955]If you did a little research, you would realize that Harmony is situated in one of the most affluent areas in the Portland metro area.
              😭😭😭🤥🤥🤥🙄🙄🙄! Did a little research as you suggested and no it is not. Dude, you may have had some decent points, but you can be taken seriously when you start with this ridiculousness.

Still laughing.....bahahahaha!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2138219]
                If you did a little research, you would realize that Harmony is situated in one of the most affluent areas in the Portland metro area.
                😭😭😭🤥🤥🤥🙄🙄🙄! Did a little research as you suggested and no it is not. Dude, you may have had some decent points, but you can be taken seriously when you start with this ridiculousness.

Actually, a lot of rather wealthy people live up in the hills to the east. Fischer's Landing itself is socio-economically similar to Tualatin or Sherwood--middle class strip development, although not constrained by Oregon's land use laws, so you can have a bigger lot for your money.

Other parts of the Couv are more similar, in economic profile, to places like Troutdale or Aloha.

Wny insults like "vantucky" are popular here, I don't know--this sort of cultural snobbery seems mainly to happen in the girls' threads, where wealthy families in ECNL (and found in the West Hills and Lake Oswego) routinely mock working-class families in Vancouver, Gresham, etc. This sort of nastiness seems less pronounced on the boys' side--in part because the demographic that most engages in such flamewars seems to prefer American football as a boys' sport, and in part because of the greater Latino influence in the boys' game.

Comment

I think you are right, the OP is running their mouth about running away with the league. They might not be used to winning and don’t know how to act when they are in front. My son likes most of their players, so it must be a rogue knucklehead parent that is making a nice team look like smug yahoos.

Like Crossfire last year, vantucky wont go without a loss, and besides the 12-0 shellacking of Eastside, they aren’t beating anyone by much. Any of the other five teams have the ability to beat them imho.
                  I appreciated your insight until I saw you double-down on someone else's post regarding the name of a town. It saddens me to think that if adults post using a derogatory name for a community, then what are their kids learning in the drives to that town or when playing against their teams.

I've seen a couple of towns slammed this way and it's truly sad.

Comment

I appreciated your insight until I saw you double-down on someone else's post regarding the name of a town. It saddens me to think that if adults post using a derogatory name for a community, then what are their kids learning in the drives to that town or when playing against their teams.

I've seen a couple of towns slammed this way and it's truly sad.
                    In the end it doesn’t matter. The top team is from Vantucky and his sons team just isn’t that good. And it’s more than likely because they are poorly coached.

Personally, I’ve used the shooting range when I’ve traveled to Harmony

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2138219]
                      If you did a little research, you would realize that Harmony is situated in one of the most affluent areas in the Portland metro area.

http://www.city-data.com/mobile/boxm...9SRUdPTi5IVE1M. Not too hard to find. See the dark purple? Harmony is right there.

Comment

In the end it doesn’t matter. The top team is from Vantucky and his sons team just isn’t that good. And it’s more than likely because they are poorly coached.

Personally, I’ve used the shooting range when I’ve traveled to Harmony
                        Shallow. Simply shallow. Shameful behavior on your part.

Comment

Shallow. Simply shallow. Shameful behavior on your part.
                          Why?
                          Because I speak the truth?

Did I say something untruthful?

Comment

Why?
                            Because I speak the truth?

Did I say something untruthful?
                            Yes. You did.

Comment

Yes. You did.
                              What did the OP say that was untruthful?

Comment

What did the OP say that was untruthful?
                                The city is called Vancouver. It's untruthful to call it anything else, and extremely shallow for an adult to insult an a community.

I've lived in Portland a long time. I remember when going across the river you saw the farmlands. They're few in number as a growing community takes their places. No one has any business disrespecting anywhere that children come together and play the beautiful game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X