Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
THJSL does not have any type of formal affiliation with THUSC or WT. Ask them. They'll tell you.
THPRD recognizes both THUSC & WT as the classic programs that represent the THJSL taxpaying costituency ..Been that way for decades. Just call the THPRD office..The THJSL rec clubs have no say in this reality as they are rec clubs.

This affilation is the basis for field use..otherwise any classic club would get to use the fields as their home for training and games.

Aloha U cried about this ruling and was laughed at by the THPRD..
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No true at all and you know it.
THJSL has a separate agreement with THPRD for fields.

What legal clause for field use are you using as your basis of 'fact?'
Open your eyes and breathe..THUSC & WT are the defacto THJSL classic programs simply because they get to use of all the THPRD fields and early evey THJSL rec club stick to just rec soccer not classic.

Better question what other legal clause are you thinking of that grants them field use?

Please provide and educate us of this mysterious and never disclosed THPRD unpublished law.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Open your eyes and breathe..THUSC & WT are the defacto THJSL classic programs simply because they get to use of all the THPRD fields and early evey THJSL rec club stick to just rec soccer not classic.

Better question what other legal clause are you thinking of that grants them field use?

Please provide and educate us of this mysterious and never disclosed THPRD unpublished law.

Thanks
No. You are making error-based assumptions in your logic.

1. Reminder-Other clubs, other sports use all of those THPRD fields as well.

2. THJSL is a rec soccer league in which the greater Beaverton area rec clubs participate.

3. There is no implied verbal or written agreement between THJSL and THUSC, WT.

4. No one can force or assume that rec players will flock to those two clubs. If this were true, you wouldn't see THJSL rec club members move on to 4-H, ADF, Aloha, BSC, FC Portland, GPS, etc.(I even know of Beaverton players now playing for a club south of LO).

5. THJSL is a league of rec clubs; a separate entity operating under OYSA.

"A. Effective Dec 1, 2014, Membership in THJSL is limited to Recreational Clubs
only, as defined by Oregon Youth Soccer Association (OYSA). Clubs
participating in both recreational and competitive programs (Hybrid Clubs) may
not be allowed to participate as a member of the THJSL. Clubs defined as
competitive only by OYSA may be admitted as ex-officio members with no voting
rights. Clubs that do not meet this membership requirements shall face
immediate expulsion at the league Annual or a Special General Meeting."

7. THUSC and WT do not "get to use all of the THPRD fields."

6. Are you saying leases for use are not legal?
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No. You are making error-based assumptions in your logic.

1. Reminder-Other clubs, other sports use all of those THPRD fields as well.

2. THJSL is a rec soccer league in which the greater Beaverton area rec clubs participate.

3. There is no implied verbal or written agreement between THJSL and THUSC, WT.

4. No one can force or assume that rec players will flock to those two clubs. If this were true, you wouldn't see THJSL rec club members move on to 4-H, ADF, Aloha, BSC, FC Portland, GPS, etc.(I even know of Beaverton players now playing for a club south of LO).

5. THJSL is a league of rec clubs; a separate entity operating under OYSA.

"A. Effective Dec 1, 2014, Membership in THJSL is limited to Recreational Clubs
only, as defined by Oregon Youth Soccer Association (OYSA). Clubs
participating in both recreational and competitive programs (Hybrid Clubs) may
not be allowed to participate as a member of the THJSL. Clubs defined as
competitive only by OYSA may be admitted as ex-officio members with no voting
rights. Clubs that do not meet this membership requirements shall face
immediate expulsion at the league Annual or a Special General Meeting."

7. THUSC and WT do not "get to use all of the THPRD fields."

6. Are you saying leases for use are not legal?
1 & 7. AUSC (the club that whined a few years back) nowadays does have access to THPRD facilities. Many of its home games are at Conestoga.

4. My kids did rec in Westside Warriors--there was virtually no attempt to steer them to WT or any other specific classic club.

5. Nonwithstanding that bunch of incomprehensible legalese in the bylaws, one of the six members of THJSL is AUSC, which is a hybrid club. Perhaps AUSC has organized itself in such a fashion that the rec and classic arms are legally separate. Or perhaps they are simply the rec club of record for a certain part of Washington County, so they are in. (And their rec teams stink--possibly because any player who is any good is encouraged to try out for classic, whereas the other five clubs, being rec only, don't have this pressure).
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2001828]No. You are making error-based assumptions in your logic.

1.
Quote:
Reminder-Other clubs, other sports use all of those THPRD fields as well.
Reminder Disney on Ice uses the Moda center as well at the Trailblazers, Got it

2.
Quote:
THJSL is a rec soccer league in which the greater Beaverton area rec clubs participate.
Oregon is State in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Got it.

3.
Quote:
There is no implied verbal or written agreement between THJSL and THUSC, WT.
All of these clubs are part of the Tualatin Hills District of OYSA, some are just rec clubs and the two you mentioned are Classic clubs. Just by this fact alone they are only classic arm of the THJSL district.

4.
Quote:
No one can force or assume that rec players will flock to those two clubs. If this were true, you wouldn't see THJSL rec club members move on to 4-H, ADF, Aloha, BSC, FC Portland, GPS, etc.(I even know of Beaverton players now playing for a club south of LO).
Being recognized by the THPRD as the classic arm of the entire district's rec soccer playing membership (THJSL) is what it is. Doesn't mean THJSL rec kids can't go to other clubs (non-THPRD affiliate clubs) most rec kids don't play classic soccer.

5.
Quote:
THJSL is a league of rec clubs; a separate entity operating under OYSA.

"A. Effective Dec 1, 2014, Membership in THJSL is limited to Recreational Clubs
only, as defined by Oregon Youth Soccer Association (OYSA). Clubs
participating in both recreational and competitive programs (Hybrid Clubs) may
not be allowed to participate as a member of the THJSL. Clubs defined as
competitive only by OYSA may be admitted as ex-officio members with no voting
rights. Clubs that do not meet this membership requirements shall face
immediate expulsion at the league Annual or a Special General Meeting."
All the THJSL Clubs + WT, THUSC & Aloha United are members of the Tualatin Hills district of OYSA. Not sure what this has to do with the THRPD criteria that all of these clubs are Affiliates: they Provide a service that the District would provide if they did not
exist. Must be nonprofit, community based, focused on serving in-district needs and constituents.

7.
Quote:
THUSC and WT do not "get to use all of the THPRD fields."
What soccer field(s) don't they get to use? Please provide a list of fields they don't get to use, I don't think they use the swimming pool, softball & baseball fields and the skate park.

6.
Quote:
Are you saying leases for use are not legal?
Don't even know where this came from, please expand or remove this rhetorical remark.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
THPRD recognizes both THUSC & WT as the classic programs that represent the THJSL taxpaying costituency ..Been that way for decades. Just call the THPRD office..The THJSL rec clubs have no say in this reality as they are rec clubs.

This affilation is the basis for field use..otherwise any classic club would get to use the fields as their home for training and games.

Aloha U cried about this ruling and was laughed at by the THPRD..
Posting this again.
THJSL, Aloha SC, THUSC, WT, OYSA, adult leagues, Beaverton School District, area rec clubs' high school leagues, lacrosse, and football, THPRD-run camps, all use THPRD fields.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2001872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No. You are making error-based assumptions in your logic.

1. Reminder Disney on Ice uses the Moda center as well at the Trailblazers, Got it

2. Oregon is State in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Got it.

3.
All of these clubs are part of the Tualatin Hills District of OYSA, some are just rec clubs and the two you mentioned are Classic clubs. Just by this fact alone they are only classic arm of the THJSL district.

4.
Being recognized by the THPRD as the classic arm of the entire district's rec soccer playing membership (THJSL) is what it is. Doesn't mean THJSL rec kids can't go to other clubs (non-THPRD affiliate clubs) most rec kids don't play classic soccer.

5.
All the THJSL Clubs + WT, THUSC & Aloha United are members of the Tualatin Hills district of OYSA. Not sure what this has to do with the THRPD criteria that all of these clubs are Affiliates: they Provide a service that the District would provide if they did not
exist. Must be nonprofit, community based, focused on serving in-district needs and constituents.

7.
What soccer field(s) don't they get to use? Please provide a list of fields they don't get to use, I don't think they use the swimming pool, softball & baseball fields and the skate park.

6.
Don't even know where this came from, please expand or remove this rhetorical remark.
RE: 6.
"don't tell THPRD that WT & THUSC aren't the 'classic arms' of the THJSL, they will lose all their fields."

Where would we find field-use documents or any implied by verbal or written agreement which substantiate your falsehood that classic clubs have use of fields because they are the "'classic arms' of the THJSL'?"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2001872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No. You are making error-based assumptions in your logic.

1. Reminder Disney on Ice uses the Moda center as well at the Trailblazers, Got it

2. Oregon is State in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Got it.

3.
All of these clubs are part of the Tualatin Hills District of OYSA, some are just rec clubs and the two you mentioned are Classic clubs. Just by this fact alone they are only classic arm of the THJSL district.

4.
Being recognized by the THPRD as the classic arm of the entire district's rec soccer playing membership (THJSL) is what it is. Doesn't mean THJSL rec kids can't go to other clubs (non-THPRD affiliate clubs) most rec kids don't play classic soccer.

5.
All the THJSL Clubs + WT, THUSC & Aloha United are members of the Tualatin Hills district of OYSA. Not sure what this has to do with the THRPD criteria that all of these clubs are Affiliates: they Provide a service that the District would provide if they did not
exist. Must be nonprofit, community based, focused on serving in-district needs and constituents.

7.
What soccer field(s) don't they get to use? Please provide a list of fields they don't get to use, I don't think they use the swimming pool, softball & baseball fields and the skate park.

6.
Don't even know where this came from, please expand or remove this rhetorical remark.
Pretty sure the other poster(s?) is saying that you're trying to lump a league with the two classic clubs, which I agree, it can't be done.

I get what they're saying because there are times of the year when our practices and games are at different locations because the groups use the same fields.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Stay on topic or create a thprd/Thusc thread to continue this.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What does this have to do with ADF?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.