Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its pretty bad to think that these poor ECNL kids are going to get trounced on top of paying 8k to do it. And just think they would get beat good by 3 teams above them in the state
    That goes for the U17s as well.

Comment

Your decision. Keeping your DD out of ECNL takes away a great opportunity for her but doesn't really affect the overall picture.
      It's not a great opportunity if the teams suck. Playing with your entire team back in your defensive third does not provide much development.

Comment

It's not a great opportunity if the teams suck. Playing with your entire team back in your defensive third does not provide much development.
        I'd guess you know this from first hand experience with your DD's team, right?

Comment

Numbers must be a challenge for you

Its pretty bad to think that these poor ECNL kids are going to get trounced on top of paying 8k to do it. And just think they would get beat good by 3 teams above them in the state
          If you are talking about the U14's the costs will not exceed $6,500 unless they go on a tournament binge this summer.

But hey feel free to join the LIARS in the scare parade!

Comment

If you are talking about the U14's the costs will not exceed $6,500 unless they go on a tournament binge this summer.
            Doing my best Cuba Gooding Jr:
            Show us the re-ceipts next spring!

None of you know what it is going to cost until you do it. ECNL is new to Oregon. There is no history on which to base all the guesses on.

Comment

But hey feel free to join the LIARS in the scare parade!
              Clearly they don't even know what the summer looks like.

6500??? 15 mediocre players playing for the doc. While playing defense all year.0 Sounds like a steal of a deal.

Comment

I'd guess you know this from first hand experience with your DD's team, right?
                Ha ha, quite the opposite. Trying to remember the last time we lost. Over the last two years, I think we've lost five times in about 45 games. And we've dished out some 10-0 beat downs, which becomes more and more difficult as you get older. How many times do you hear people say "we play down to our competition", well, good teams don't. Get used to it this year my friend. And yes, $6,500 for your dd, add in another $3,500 for you as we all know you live through her so you won't miss a single out of town game. $10,000 grand so you can see two wins and a bunch of big losses. And the smart money stayed on the sideline this year and will take your dd's spot next year. But please tell us how smart you are.

Comment

Let me make sure I got this straight. You're bragging about your play-ups dropping to play on age at u11 in 2011 to win some games and take the "fall title?" Wow. Congrats. Got to love the myopic thinking by you FCPDXers. You beat one of three teams every year to be "state champs". Yahoo!

Signed, Vantucky
                  Not bragging as much as telling you that these play ups are now playing on age so the team should be much better than Salmon Creek.

How is the Salmon Creek U16, U17, or U18 team? So much for being a real club.

Comment

Ha ha, quite the opposite. Trying to remember the last time we lost. Over the last two years, I think we've lost five times in about 45 games. And we've dished out some 10-0 beat downs, which becomes more and more difficult as you get older. How many times do you hear people say "we play down to our competition", well, good teams don't. Get used to it this year my friend. And yes, $6,500 for your dd, add in another $3,500 for you as we all know you live through her so you won't miss a single out of town game. $10,000 grand so you can see two wins and a bunch of big losses. And the smart money stayed on the sideline this year and will take your dd's spot next year. But please tell us how smart you are.
                    Beating teams 10 - 0 and worried about how many wins and loses, is not how you make your dd a better player. You might get to brag, but she is not getting better at the game.

Comment

Not bragging as much as telling you that these play ups are now playing on age so the team should be much better than Salmon Creek.

How is the Salmon Creek U16, U17, or U18 team? So much for being a real club.
                      Glad you prefaced with a "should". Fact that there is even a "should" regarding an ECNL team beating a "second rate team" team from a "third rate club" should be alarming. Go ahead and spend your money. Hopefully we catch you in San Diego.

Comment

Doing my best Cuba Gooding Jr:
                        Show us the re-ceipts next spring!

None of you know what it is going to cost until you do it. ECNL is new to Oregon. There is no history on which to base all the guesses on.
                        FCP has the cost on their web site. They actually called hotels, checked air fare, etc. and then added 5% to the estimated cost. Being anal retentive I checked the Nor. Cal estimates by calling and they are pretty much right on the money. If they do a bunch of summer tourneys if my dd plays in every single event, and they go on a summer tourney binge we still won't hit your estimate. Get educated.

Comment

Beating teams 10 - 0 and worried about how many wins and loses, is not how you make your dd a better player. You might get to brag, but she is not getting better at the game.
                          So how are those wins coming? OPL. NWCL. Vegas. You name it. Are they coming from players not getting better at the game? So the only players improving are the ones losing? Please explain.

Comment

2010 Fall Season
                            G-U11
                            Premier
                            Champions: FCSC Nemesis 99

Nice try though ; )
                            Um... this is the 00 thread not the 99, nice try. I know FCSC has their little group that plays both, but get it straight.

Comment

Um... this is the 00 thread not the 99, nice try. I know FCSC has their little group that plays both, but get it straight.
                              Apparently so does FCP. Hey Kettle . . .the pots calling.

Comment

Apparently so does FCP. Hey Kettle . . .the pots calling.
                                You should learn to read before you comment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X