Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Salmon creek is OPL and they have u15, u14, u13 and u11.

Not sure about U12 and u10. Not sure what happened to their younger ages this year.

I think Joe scared them all off.
    Never formed a team at U12 this year. Girls went to Pacific FC. Nothing at U10 either. And many of the U10 girls from last year left for ***C this spring so U11 isn't that strong either.

Comment

Truly, there is some fuzzy math.
      No fuzzy math, just simple time-weighted poisson regression analysis. Uses data from all games a team plays, not just the games that parents want to cherry-pick to try to support their argument that their team is #1.

It's explained as simply as possible at http://lastplanetranking.***********...thratings.html

Comment

No fuzzy math, just simple time-weighted poisson regression analysis. Uses data from all games a team plays, not just the games that parents want to cherry-pick to try to support their argument that their team is #1.

It's explained as simply as possible at http://lastplanetranking.***********...thratings.html
        I look at the rankings for what they are, an interesting reference point, nothing more or less. You're right, the "cherry pickers" are the ones that have the most heart burn over it.

Comment

I look at the rankings for what they are, an interesting reference point, nothing more or less. You're right, the "cherry pickers" are the ones that have the most heart burn over it.
          Agreed. Take it for what it's worth, simple entertainment. Definitely more relevant than GotSoccer methodology.

As a scientist, I do get the occasional laugh at people who obviously need to validate their players' worth through these rankings.

Perhaps these folks could be better enertained after reading about skewed statistics or lying through statistics?

Comment

Agreed. Take it for what it's worth, simple entertainment. Definitely more relevant than GotSoccer methodology.

As a scientist, I do get the occasional laugh at people who obviously need to validate their players' worth through these rankings.

Perhaps these folks could be better enertained after reading about skewed statistics or lying through statistics?
            Actually, I am "better entertained" watching these kids learn, enjoy, and play soccer. These rankings do not mean squat. Each game tells it's own story, and that is what matters.

Comment

I agree for the most part. A little silly to rank kids at this age.

The rankings however have been pretty good as predicting non-league games.

I do think the top five teams in the rankings are the top five teams in Oregon. At some point these rankings could be valuable for seeding tournaments and qualifying teams to play in higher level regional tournaments.

Comment

So long as they have posted the list of coaches for RTC, I am happy.

Comment

Don't expect the names on that list to make anyone happy...

Comment

I agree for the most part. A little silly to rank kids at this age.

The rankings however have been pretty good as predicting non-league games.

I do think the top five teams in the rankings are the top five teams in Oregon. At some point these rankings could be valuable for seeding tournaments and qualifying teams to play in higher level regional tournaments.
                    Just a different formula for ranking. Other than that it's no different than fall league where we keep score and post standings. Those standings are a form of ranking. Maybe we shouldn't keep score or post standings until they're in high school...

Comment

Omg pls don't come to this thread w your crap. Mean spirited person. Just stop.

Comment

Omg pls don't come to this thread w your crap. Mean spirited person. Just stop.
                        Their lives are way too wrapped up living through their kid. Let the expert dad find a reason why his kid won't do it.

Comment

Parents of the younger girls are so funny. Especially the parents who are going through this for the first time. You all should be having fun right now rather than analyzing through linear regressions (which is almost laughable). You team doesn't matter right now, just let them have fun. At U15, you need to worry how good your team is, but by then, 50% of your teammates will have left soccer. Yours could be one of them.

Comment

Parents of the younger girls are so funny. Especially the parents who are going through this for the first time. You all should be having fun right now rather than analyzing through linear regressions (which is almost laughable). You team doesn't matter right now, just let them have fun. At U15, you need to worry how good your team is, but by then, 50% of your teammates will have left soccer. Yours could be one of them.
                            So you subscribe to the "no scores, no standings" theory until U15 then? Not saying it's a bad idea, just wondering what your position is.

Comment

So you subscribe to the "no scores, no standings" theory until U15 then? Not saying it's a bad idea, just wondering what your position is.
                              He subscribes to the 'my kids are old and grown so I'm gonna critique the u12's to make myself feel important' theory.

Comment

No, not at all. This is more of a statement to the parents that you just don't need to worry about rankings, standings, .... at these younger ages. Sure it's great to win league or win a tournament, no doubt. But what is important is getting technically and fundamentally sound. Then at U15 or U16, get on a top team where you go to top tournaments and camps (if playing at a higher level is what you are after). If playing at the next level is not what a player is after, then play on a team where they enjoy the other players and get all the fun out of it they can get. The top teams at U13 likely wasn't the top team at U11. And at U15, the top team wasn't the top team at U13. And by U17, you are lucky if 30% of the girls you played with at U13 are still playing at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X