Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am truly amazed those clubs didn't see that coming. Exactly what's Susa is planning tab commack and Dix Hills for years. I guess they don't see that coming also?
    I think some were naive. Others thought "if you can't beat them, join them" and that it would be a good marketing tool for them - show they have a pathway. More non MLS clubs now see they have keep all the talent they can will fight tooth and nail to keep them, even if it's not in the the best interest of the player. Also, for some clubs the travel was a lot considering how young the players are

Comment

I just looked up the ADL, what happened to all the affiliates? From 11 to 6 in two years? Is NYCFC run that bad, or is there another reason clubs left?
      it wasn't the nycfc. some of the affiliates, such as the rough riders, were run that bad. They were all supposed to field competitive a and b teams from ages 2008 to 2005. The talent gap was too wide and most the games were not competetive. Some affiliates were taken off the stronger teams schedules. A couple affiliates got kicked out. others such as beachside, gottschee, and met oval formed their own new pre DA league with others. The kids didn't age out. until this fall NYCFC only was u15/16 and up. this is their first year at u12 and up.

Comment

anyone know when the club will be heading overseas to train?

Comment

anyone know when the club will be heading overseas to train?
          They typically schedule those trips for spring break.

Comment

thoughts? how is everything going?

Comment

Anyone know where the 02 white team is playing?

Comment

After attending a couple sessions of their preseason "camp" which is more of a "trainers get to know the players" event, I'm impressed. But, my expectations where not high. The kids are on average pretty good. DA folks will take offense and get very defensive as they always do, but several of them could easily make a DA team. There are also a couple of kids that are clearly outclassed. Either they try-out better than they play, a mistake was made while selecting kids, they could be sick or just plain exhausted from hell week at high school.

The camp has been very organized, well run and trainers are knowledgeable. Are they from the academy in Spain? I really have no idea, but Spanish is their first language, as it seems to be the case with a lot of the kids.

I still have reservations and wonder how a first year team will do, even with a group of talented kids. Time will tell, and it seems most kids my son talked to hedged their bets with their "old" team and doubling up this fall.

Comment

Valencia, LM , LI soccer

Its true. Ive wrote a response on how Boca Juniors won East Meadow tournament over the weekend in the U-15 and U-17 age groups. My two sons play on those teams. Whats interesting is, Larry M never publishes my posts. Im just proud of my sons teams. For instance, my sons 2003 Boca team has NEVER went to a competition in the 2 years hes joined, and not won first place. The team is unbelievable, the Coaching is the best, and the parents on the team are very well behaved. The team has an 87.5% win percentage, and they beat every team in the area by margins. Larry doesnt post this info? Why? He has a grude with the club i guess. Thats why i love it here. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

Its true. Ive wrote a response on how Boca Juniors won East Meadow tournament over the weekend in the U-15 and U-17 age groups. My two sons play on those teams. Whats interesting is, Larry M never publishes my posts. Im just proud of my sons teams. For instance, my sons 2003 Boca team has NEVER went to a competition in the 2 years hes joined, and not won first place. The team is unbelievable, the Coaching is the best, and the parents on the team are very well behaved. The team has an 87.5% win percentage, and they beat every team in the area by margins. Larry doesnt post this info? Why? He has a grude with the club i guess. Thats why i love it here. Have a good day everyone.
                    Boca Juniors is still around?

Comment

Boca juniors

Maybe you have a daughter, and since they dont have any girls teams you dont hear of Boca.

Comment

Before people get jaded by winning/losing games what are your impressions of the team and training so far?

Comment

training is above average.. both teams are pretty good in my sons age group are ok.. nothing special..

Comment

I think it is very positive. The kids have the means to improve their game. Facility is nice. Not a daddy coach in sight.

Comment

anyone know the scores of the '07 teams?

Comment

Black didn't play and white lost 9-4. Just google EDP soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X