Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody here taken their son to a club in Europe for tryouts ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reload this Page Has anybody here taken their son to a club in Europe for tryouts ???

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're telling people and the OP to educate himself. OK genius, please share with us your experience in this matter. Have you taken your kid to Europe on tryout in the past ? Have you been there and observed the kids play and put them up against our best ? Have you seen any international youth games lately from the U.S vs other countries ?

Or....are you just jumping on the bandwagon that any soccer player outside the US is always better than any US player. Did you look at the results from the id-2 tour to Argentina with the u14's last month ? They did not get blown out out of the water and they played in a country where soccer is a religion.

Do you really think that every youth player in Europe in any club is a superstar in the making ? You underestimate the talent of some of the best kids in the U.S I think. There are many kids here who are as passionate and come from soccer families who have a shot if they're willing to put in the hard work.

And BTW, the NBA is arguable the best league in the world by far. Yet there are many Europeans and S. Americans that are playing and have played in the NBA. I could go on with many more examples.

I think you should inform yourself a lot more or only speak from experience in the future. I'm almost certain you never took your son to any European youth tryouts and you're just going by what you read on TS or what a friend told you. Or... by the way you write, you're probably very young or incredibly immature.
    This is simple to prove. Ask your team to juggle a ball without stopping for one minute. Just one minute. Maybe one or two will! That is the problem. US Athletes are the best in the world but there is no soccer culture in this country and the coaching is mostly done by dads. Get real and stop selling lies. Kids play soccer here because its a nice safe place to keep them entertained after school period. If anyone here is truly serious about this game they would not be here posting silly comments and asking silly questions. They would be on a Colombian street right now fighting for the ball like if their life depended on it and not having a latte at the nearest Starbucks and discussing the newest cleats.

And yes I am very young but come from a part of the world where you would not survive in. No Starbucks from where I come from and kids learn fast that its up to them to drag themselves out of poverty. Can't depend on rich daddys like yourself buying fake dreams for your children. Got news for you sir, they are not good enough.

Comment

$2500 is just club fees. DA costs up to $7000 a year in travel fees alone. College coaches go where they are invited to receive an all expenses paid vacation with their families. They already know where the good players are and they are abroad. Just check out the rosters of any D1 school.
      Put down the funny cigarettes!

Comment

This is simple to prove. Ask your team to juggle a ball without stopping for one minute. Just one minute. Maybe one or two will! That is the problem. US Athletes are the best in the world but there is no soccer culture in this country and the coaching is mostly done by dads. Get real and stop selling lies. Kids play soccer here because its a nice safe place to keep them entertained after school period. If anyone here is truly serious about this game they would not be here posting silly comments and asking silly questions. They would be on a Colombian street right now fighting for the ball like if their life depended on it and not having a latte at the nearest Starbucks and discussing the newest cleats.

And yes I am very young but come from a part of the world where you would not survive in. No Starbucks from where I come from and kids learn fast that its up to them to drag themselves out of poverty. Can't depend on rich daddys like yourself buying fake dreams for your children. Got news for you sir, they are not good enough.
        How the hell do you know who I am, what I make and where I come from. If I disclosed that you'd be very surprised. But let's keep the anonymity cause it's better that way.

All I can tell you is that your post is 100% wrong plus you haven't answered any of my questions. So in effect, I can't take your comments seriously. Lo siento....

Comment

I guess the Colombian dads I see coaching their children in my local park are just bad

Comment

How the hell do you know who I am, what I make and where I come from. If I disclosed that you'd be very surprised. But let's keep the anonymity cause it's better that way.

All I can tell you is that your post is 100% wrong plus you haven't answered any of my questions. So in effect, I can't take your comments seriously. Lo siento....
            I know because of the way you write. The rich see the world different. They think they can buy their way out or into anything. The poor know a much different reality. My post cannot be 100% wrong because neither is yours 100% wrong and it is perfectly ok not to take my comments seriously. This is a great country because we can both write what we think without fear. Good luck with your son in Europe. Apart from the logistical and legal problems he is still going to have to survive the pitch.

Comment

I guess the Colombian dads I see coaching their children in my local park are just bad
              Yes. Being Colombian does not make you good at soccer. Colombian streets, like streets in places like Brazil, Mexico, Morocco, Madrid and Argentina are the ones that make you good at soccer. Just like the streets in Detroit and the Bronx make you good at Basketball.

Comment

recent article about FC Barca breaking FIFIA rules about foreigners playing in Europe

http://fusion.net/story/89253/barcel...rman-la-masia/

Comment

$2500 is just club fees. DA costs up to $7000 a year in travel fees alone. College coaches go where they are invited to receive an all expenses paid vacation with their families. They already know where the good players are and they are abroad. Just check out the rosters of any D1 school.
                  Even though we are not a fully-funded program the $2,200.00 fee for our club's U15 and older DA players includes their travel and lodging.

Comment

Even though we are not a fully-funded program the $2,200.00 fee for our club's U15 and older DA players includes their travel and lodging.
                    What club?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X