Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Florida (only) U14 Girls

Would like HONEST opinions on the coaching for the top south florida u14 girls teams ?
    Interested in coaching style , development , training , philosophy of the coaches
    Who is the best
    Why

Coaches

Experienced a few first hand ... Not impressed with any
    They are adequate but none have true first hand knowledge from playing in college or beyond
    I think that is important

Comment

Pinecrest, Coral Gables, & Tropical all have strong u14 teams.
      All three coaches are fantastic.

Comment

Trainers

Any top trainers in the area ? Good with girls this age ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Fair?
          Impartial?
          Experienced playing at a high level ?
          Tough when needed ?
          Serious ?
          Dedicated ?

Comment

Very funny. It was a serious question.

There is only one "strong" U14 team in South Florida and that is Sunrise. The problem is they recruited that team rather than developing it. Since then, others are catching up which leads one to believe the training isn't keeping up. (Plus they use Super Y to boost their gotsoccer points, bahahaha). Be careful, because parents that club hop will leave a team like Sunrise as soon as they think they have the next best thing somewhere else. Find the best training.

So, even though a team like Pinecrest is just an OK team, if the training is better, I would go with them or another club with excellent training.

Comment

Very funny. It was a serious question.

There is only one "strong" U14 team in South Florida and that is Sunrise. The problem is they recruited that team rather than developing it. Since then, others are catching up which leads one to believe the training isn't keeping up. (Plus they use Super Y to boost their gotsoccer points, bahahaha). Be careful, because parents that club hop will leave a team like Sunrise as soon as they think they have the next best thing somewhere else. Find the best training.

So, even though a team like Pinecrest is just an OK team, if the training is better, I would go with them or another club with excellent training.
              Yes I understand Sunrise is an excellent team but my response was based on teams in Dade County. Not sure what is funny about it.

Comment

Yes I understand Sunrise is an excellent team but my response was based on teams in Dade County. Not sure what is funny about it.
                Sunrise was and continues to be strongest developmental team in s florida
                coaching is superb commitment , developmental and structured learning.
                This is a team that trains hard and plays hard - people come and go when not happy but the core remains and continues to develop as a united group.

Comment

Sunrise was and continues to be strongest developmental team in s florida
                  coaching is superb commitment , developmental and structured learning.
                  This is a team that trains hard and plays hard - people come and go when not happy but the core remains and continues to develop as a united group.
                  Not sure what you are looking for, a cookie? No one is debating that they are the best team
                  The question posed was for the best teams, yes teams with an S.
                  So we have already agreed that Sunrise is the best team can you allow discussion on some of the other good teams in South Florida.
                  I mean if that's ok with you that is.

Comment

Not sure what you are looking for, a cookie? No one is debating that they are the best team
                    The question posed was for the best teams, yes teams with an S.
                    So we have already agreed that Sunrise is the best team can you allow discussion on some of the other good teams in South Florida.
                    I mean if that's ok with you that is.
                    Sunrise
                    Boca United

any further south have really dropped in level sorry to say select players only and coachs aren't keeping up

Comment

Any top trainers in the area ? Good with girls this age ?
                      What is the area?, South Florida is large

Comment

Best Trainer/Coach?

I have to go with Rehanne Skinner at Massive/TCU. Rehanne took a team of U13/U14 girls from so so kids to Region A champs and a place in the Presidents Cup. Look at her pedigree.l..she has earned her respect.

Comment

I have to go with Rehanne Skinner at Massive/TCU. Rehanne took a team of U13/U14 girls from so so kids to Region A champs and a place in the Presidents Cup. Look at her pedigree.l..she has earned her respect.
                          Would like to think so at $2000 per player I would be expecting to win state cup for those fee's LOL all about the money with this group.

Comment

Wait I have seen that team play, their coach is a woman?

Comment

Rehanne is a very good trainer, as are Fraser and Arran. They're fees are exorbitant, and inevitably will need to work for other clubs in order to make a living as soccer coaches. Most people will not pay those costs for much more than a year after realizing player development falls mainly on the individual.
                              As for Rehannes team, I would say the OP is more than likely a parent whom is very proud of her daughters success in what would be described as at best a B league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X