Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of Miami Premier

What will become of South Florida's oldest female only club?
    Continue independent
    25.00%
    Merge with larger club
    6.25%
    Fold as a club
    68.75%

The poll is expired.

Who cares about a girls only program, they are idiots. There really isn't such a thing as a gender specific club for girls. What does a girls only program provide that regular clubs with girls and boys can't provide. Their selling point stinks and so do does Miami Premiere. They should merge with someone other than Pinecrest because they hate each other. I guess they are happy with their division 2-3 level teams and are happy taking the hand me downs of Pinecrest.

Comment

Don't they have a really good DOC, didn't he win states with Columbus?

Comment

Let's not confuse HS boys Soccer with girls youth soccer. Not even superman could save this club. They need to make a drastic change in order to be a player at the competitive youth level.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Don't they have a really good DOC, didn't he win states with Columbus?
          That guy comes with serious baggage,he should be a military general. He has been fired from so many organizations.No people skills and needs a personality adjustment. He can't attract good players.

Comment

Could be a really good club if only.

Comment

That guy comes with serious baggage,he should be a military general. He has been fired from so many organizations.No people skills and needs a personality adjustment. He can't attract good players.
              I would have to agree

Comment

I hesitate to respond, because Talking-Soccer is a made up entirely of trolls and angry dads. If people had to identify themselves on this site there would no threads, seriously.

However, in defense of MPS: if you have a daughter who plays soccer in Miami, this is an excellent club. The fact that it is girls-only is very appealing. They are very organized and structured, and their players develop and improve - which is always the goal. They don't have the numbers or politics of Pinecrest, nor do they aspire to be like them.

The DOC is excellent - yes he won a state title with Columbus so he's a top-notch coach as well. His players love to play for him, plus his supporting cast of coaches are all licensed and qualified. My kids have been involved in a number of clubs in South Florida, and I can tell you that MPS is quality program.

Haters gonna hate....

Comment

Who cares about a girls only program, they are idiots. There really isn't such a thing as a gender specific club for girls. What does a girls only program provide that regular clubs with girls and boys can't provide. Their selling point stinks and so do does Miami Premiere. They should merge with someone other than Pinecrest because they hate each other. I guess they are happy with their division 2-3 level teams and are happy taking the hand me downs of Pinecrest.
                  I don't know but TopHat in Atlanta is girls only and they seem to do very well placing players on regional and national teams (youth). Not comparing because there is none. Just saying girls only can be good. Just as boys only can be also

Comment

Top quality bull****. Your coaches are all f and e license your director is a C license coach top quality bullcrap. Plus your board of Director took his daughter to Cutler Ridge why because you have a good program, stop kidding yourself. Yes you might be happy with a Div 2-3 club great I'm happy for you and your daughter. Don't compare Tophat to Miami Premiere. Girls soccer is big in Georgia that's why they are good. Girls soccer sucks in Dade County period

Comment

To the person who said Miami Premiere was a good club. Your correct, it is s great Div2-3 club without a doubt. Don't please trell us how you don't want to be Pinecrest. Your club was once the cream of the cream and then you died. The girls only concept had no bearing what do ever on the development of girls and Mismi Premiere is no longer Premier, they are the club where girls go when they cannot make good programs, still recreational. Pinecrest will always rule in girls soccer although I hear they are having massive internal problems. Maybe now is the time to find a club to hook up with to try and compete with the other clubs.

Comment

It all depends on what you are looking for. Miami Premier is a great club for developing and teaching how to play soccer. Do they attract top talent? Probably not but that is not to say they do not have A players because they do. Its just they do not have enough of them. So what you end up with is teams that are not balanced throughout the roster with players of equal skill. So you have teams with a couple of A players along with B & C players.
                        Which is not usually a recipe for winning. But I can tell you that the girls and their development are priority number one with the coaching staff who are for the most part excellent.

Comment

It all depends on what you are looking for. Miami Premier is a great club for developing and teaching how to play soccer. Do they attract top talent? Probably not but that is not to say they do not have A players because they do. Its just they do not have enough of them. So what you end up with is teams that are not balanced throughout the roster with players of equal skill. So you have teams with a couple of A players along with B & C players.
                          Which is not usually a recipe for winning. But I can tell you that the girls and their development are priority number one with the coaching staff who are for the most part excellent.
                          That is not development when you have A level players playing with C Level. The reason you have this problem there is that you never have enough players to form teams so you move players up and all over the place. You have 7 very mediocre teams that's about it, like I said if your daughter is a C level player this is the right place for you and her to be,remember at some point your A level players will leave like they pretty much do each year. Ask your board of Director why he did not stay and went to Cutler Ridge?

Comment

That is not development when you have A level players playing with C Level. The reason you have this problem there is that you never have enough players to form teams so you move players up and all over the place. You have 7 very mediocre teams that's about it, like I said if your daughter is a C level player this is the right place for you and her to be,remember at some point your A level players will leave like they pretty much do each year. Ask your board of Director why he did not stay and went to Cutler Ridge?
                            His daughter plays at Gulliver and it was strongly suggested by her coach at Gulliver that the Gulliver players move to Cutler Ridge.

Comment

His daughter plays at Gulliver and it was strongly suggested by her coach at Gulliver that the Gulliver players move to Cutler Ridge.
                              That is such bull, so she could get better.I told you before, all the better players leave Premiere leave Premiere and seek better developmental opportunities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X