Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody gives a cr@p about Gotsoccer rankings....!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the intention of this thread is to point out that any ranking after U16 is useless and the only thing that matters is exposure !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      But the intention of this thread is to point out that any ranking after U16 is useless and the only thing that matters is exposure !
      Exactly what they said at IMG when I asked them the results of some of the games. Their response was what does it matter it's all about being seen. Well I for one would like to know who the winner of a bracket was and also we had to register through Gotsoccer and the winner gets points. There were scouts there watching some of the games but many more coaches/scouts were watching the higher ranked teams play as opposed to those lesser ranked so to some extent it does matter.

Comment

Got soccer loved got soccer points! It perpetuates the got soccer system and sends more parents to it soccer tournaments. Keep pumping the machine full of money baby!

Comment

It's probably OK. ANything from Top Drawer should be taken with a grain of salt, though. It's a pretty crappy web publication. It's primarily for parents that want to live vicariously through their kids. Parents get off on seeing their kid mentioned on TDS. College coaches see it for what it is - junk.
          I don't know about all that. Many college programs will mention the top drawer ranking of their recruits on their signing day pressers or player bio pages. I too think TDS is garbage, but I'm not naieve to think their rankings don't have influence in the soccer community.

Comment

SINC is no better than Gotsoccer. Yes they rank you by the teams you've played - and beat, just like Gotsoccer. Problem with both is you don't have to put in all teams you've played... meaning you don't have to post losing games. How can you be accurately ranked if you don't have to include losses? again, its no better than GS. And the other poster saying tx and socal are best regions (not arguing that point) but to say GS does reflect their ranking but here in FLorida it doesn't work... seems like a very ignorant statement and betting your team is ranked nowhere near where you think it should be...lol.
            Gotsoccer does not allow you to exclude losses for any gotsoccer hosted event. You can choose to enter non-gotsoccer games if you want, but most times it doesn't matter because you won't be given points for those games win or lose. Gotsoccer is flawed but infinitely superior...very few of the national caliber events use it..sinc events are 2nd and 3rd tier tourneys in the southeast.

Comment

Gotsoccer does not allow you to exclude losses for any gotsoccer hosted event. You can choose to enter non-gotsoccer games if you want, but most times it doesn't matter because you won't be given points for those games win or lose. Gotsoccer is flawed but infinitely superior...very few of the national caliber events use it..sinc events are 2nd and 3rd tier tourneys in the southeast.
              Gotsoccer is big in central and south Florida. The rest of the southeast tends to avoid it. Sinc will raterank you (give you points) for inputed non sinc matches. Got soccer will not, so they basically don't count in the ranking system. Got soccer owns the space and the point system leverages their dominance into encouraging more people use them for tournaments to get the points, that only they offer. Pretty slick business model if you ask me. I suspect it soccer costs more than sinc to use and i bet we all pay more for it in fees.

I don't know if this is got soccer related, but all the to soccer events we play have simple point systems that often lead to tie breaker lookups. 3 win and 1 for a tie. Most sinc tournaments use a 10 point system that eliminates most of the tie breaker crap. Anyone know if those point systems for with the scheduling platform?

Comment

When I was a kid we went to arcades and put quarters into machines to play video games. After our five bucks was gone we went home. Today those machines are replaced with what the industry calls redemption. Basically cheap stuff from china bought with tickets won at machines that look like they were designed in jersey and made in South Georgia. So I Give our kids 20 bucks and they come home with a whoopie cushion and some candy from china. More than i came home with, but we played cutting edge games, these kids are learning to gamble.

GS is like the redemption games of the club soccer world. You pay a fortune to get some silly GS points that are valid inside the GS world. Stick some cash in the slot baby!

Comment

OC cares about gotsoccer points.

Comment

I don't know about all that. Many college programs will mention the top drawer ranking of their recruits on their signing day pressers or player bio pages. I too think TDS is garbage, but I'm not naieve to think their rankings don't have influence in the soccer community.
                    Fair enough - your point is taken. I do know that many colleges flaunt the TDS rankings of recruits. However, many do not. I think that often the "star" ranking system that TDS is accurate but often, and I mean A LOT, of times, it is seriously flawed. I've seen kids that are "3 or 4 star" players that aren't really all that great and I've seen unranked kids that I would much rather have than the star ranked kids. Sometimes a kid will be at a showcase and have a really good showing and that is enough to get them some star rankings or into the top player rankings. The performance may have been an anomaly and they are more often than not more closer to a lower ranked kid. A good coach will do his due diligence and not be swayed by the player rankings. I do think that there is a big political component to the rankings as well. But isn't that true with almost anything related to club soccer?

BTW, this is not sour grapes on my part. My kid is in college now and was a "3 star" TDS player. I'll be honest - there were unranked kids that I thought were better than my kid and kids that were higher ranked than my kid that deserved to be ranked higher. The reverse holds true also.

Comment

Fair enough - your point is taken. I do know that many colleges flaunt the TDS rankings of recruits. However, many do not. I think that often the "star" ranking system that TDS is accurate but often, and I mean A LOT, of times, it is seriously flawed. I've seen kids that are "3 or 4 star" players that aren't really all that great and I've seen unranked kids that I would much rather have than the star ranked kids. Sometimes a kid will be at a showcase and have a really good showing and that is enough to get them some star rankings or into the top player rankings. The performance may have been an anomaly and they are more often than not more closer to a lower ranked kid. A good coach will do his due diligence and not be swayed by the player rankings. I do think that there is a big political component to the rankings as well. But isn't that true with almost anything related to club soccer?

BTW, this is not sour grapes on my part. My kid is in college now and was a "3 star" TDS player. I'll be honest - there were unranked kids that I thought were better than my kid and kids that were higher ranked than my kid that deserved to be ranked higher. The reverse holds true also.
                      I've too have no real clue how this works. Admittedly we weren't paying much attention when our kid last year was written up by TDS. They had given her 3 star rating and verbally committed just after junior year ended in HS. This year another kid, jr in HS, has been written up by TDS twice in the last four months. She has Zero stars. We only have a fee profile on her with them, and I believe we had at one time purchased a membership for the older kid. Thinking that might have more influence on the star rating?

Comment

my child has never paid for a profile with any service, including TDS, but has a 3 star review. No ECNL either. She must have been rated at one of the ID clinics or showcase tournaments that she attended. She is a sophomore and is being recruited actively.

Comment

my child has never paid for a profile with any service, including TDS, but has a 3 star review. No ECNL either. She must have been rated at one of the ID clinics or showcase tournaments that she attended. She is a sophomore and is being recruited actively.
                          ya sure. why don't you meet me over in Clewiston, I have some property on the water I think you might be interested in... Total troll. You have to have a profile with them in order for her to even come up as a register player. ID clinics don't rate players, nor will a tournament. TROLL

Comment

Well at least fysa cares. Looks like they seed the presidents cup based upon gotsoccer points. Wonder if tose guys are in bed together?

Comment

Well at least fysa cares. Looks like they seed the presidents cup based upon gotsoccer points. Wonder if tose guys are in bed together?
                              President's Cup is totally a FYSA creation.

Comment

President's Cup is totally a FYSA creation.
                                I think they meant fysa and GS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X