Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody gives a cr@p about Gotsoccer rankings....!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody gives a cr@p about Gotsoccer rankings....!!!

...after U17's. The reality is that from U17's on, the only thing that matters for the kids is EXPOSURE to college coaches if that's what their next step is or trying out for an MLS or European team.

I can't believe the preoccupation and constant checking of the rankings on this forum as if that means anything. It might mean something possibly if you're in the top 2 or 3 in your state but after that it means squat.

This is my own conclusion but this reality was pointed out to me also when speaking to a College coach. I've been to over 20 tournaments, showcases and region 3 games in the past 3 years. I have seen hardly any coaches or scouts at any of these events for anything under U-17's.

It is a reality that most coaches are now mostly looking at Academy players and only looking at U16's or older at bigger showcases around the country. I've witnessed this for myself throughout the year. This doesn't mean that the best players are at the Academies, we all know that's not true. But the coaches who are truly looking are only going to a few events and if you're not at top brackets in Showcases and are not over U-16 it's a waste.

All I'm saying is that after U16's you should only worry about getting exposure and forget where your team ranks in Gotsoccer....that's not what's gonna get you noticed !

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ...after U17's. The reality is that from U17's on, the only thing that matters for the kids is EXPOSURE to college coaches if that's what their next step is or trying out for an MLS or European team.

I can't believe the preoccupation and constant checking of the rankings on this forum as if that means anything. It might mean something possibly if you're in the top 2 or 3 in your state but after that it means squat.

This is my own conclusion but this reality was pointed out to me also when speaking to a College coach. I've been to over 20 tournaments, showcases and region 3 games in the past 3 years. I have seen hardly any coaches or scouts at any of these events for anything under U-17's.

It is a reality that most coaches are now mostly looking at Academy players and only looking at U16's or older at bigger showcases around the country. I've witnessed this for myself throughout the year. This doesn't mean that the best players are at the Academies, we all know that's not true. But the coaches who are truly looking are only going to a few events and if you're not at top brackets in Showcases and are not over U-16 it's a waste.

All I'm saying is that after U16's you should only worry about getting exposure and forget where your team ranks in Gotsoccer....that's not what's gonna get you noticed !
    In principle I agree. The problem is that unless you're part of the DA program getting regular scouting, the only way to get invited to the higher leagues, major showcases, etc where the scouts attend is to have a sufficient ranking. It is a complete racket I know. One might even say it's a scam, but it's a fact. I just hope my son is good enough to make a DA team and my daughter is good enough for ECNL and they have the passion to pursue it.

Comment

In principle I agree. The problem is that unless you're part of the DA program getting regular scouting, the only way to get invited to the higher leagues, major showcases, etc where the scouts attend is to have a sufficient ranking. It is a complete racket I know. One might even say it's a scam, but it's a fact. I just hope my son is good enough to make a DA team and my daughter is good enough for ECNL and they have the passion to pursue it.
      some valid points. I'd say further that rankings would be more beneficial / accurate if teams were required to actually post all games played, and not just those they want to post.

Comment

some valid points. I'd say further that rankings would be more beneficial / accurate if teams were required to actually post all games played, and not just those they want to post.
        I like this site much better: http://youthsoccerrankings.us/ It actually ranks the games played not some arbitrary point system. It also picks up games from all over the place, not just got soccer.

Comment

I like this site much better: http://youthsoccerrankings.us/ It actually ranks the games played not some arbitrary point system. It also picks up games from all over the place, not just got soccer.
          celtic 1

Comment

Sinc is much better than got soccer. It just ranks you based pon who you beat, no silly arcane points that force you to trophy hunt. Coaches can input non sinc matches. Got soccer is a scam that perpetuates the ranking scam and got soccer tournaments. Got soccer helps the ne, Cali, and Texas teams way mor than the Florida teams.

Comment

Sinc is much better than got soccer. It just ranks you based pon who you beat, no silly arcane points that force you to trophy hunt. Coaches can input non sinc matches. Got soccer is a scam that perpetuates the ranking scam and got soccer tournaments. Got soccer helps the ne, Cali, and Texas teams way mor than the Florida teams.
              No the only inflated sides are NE teams that milk gotsoccer points but get hammered when they leave their region. TX and socal are legit...which is why they are usually the top 2 regions for d1 commits every year.

Comment

No the only inflated sides are NE teams that milk gotsoccer points but get hammered when they leave their region. TX and socal are legit...which is why they are usually the top 2 regions for d1 commits every year.
                Yes is the answer and it sounds like you are providing support for my argument, though i doubt you agree. Got soccer is broken and worshipping it is misguided. Cali and tx are tops in d1 recruits, but that has nothing to do with got soccer, got soccer is just reflects those regions success. It misrepresents others and ignores those that don't play the game. Logic 101 in college brother.

Comment

Yes is the answer and it sounds like you are providing support for my argument, though i doubt you agree. Got soccer is broken and worshipping it is misguided. Cali and tx are tops in d1 recruits, but that has nothing to do with got soccer, got soccer is just reflects those regions success. It misrepresents others and ignores those that don't play the game. Logic 101 in college brother.
                  GS completely flawed and tied to FYSA. SINC is much more legitimate ranking system.
                  Time for Florida to get on board!!!

Comment

GS completely flawed and tied to FYSA. SINC is much more legitimate ranking system.
                    Time for Florida to get on board!!!
                    SINC is no better than Gotsoccer. Yes they rank you by the teams you've played - and beat, just like Gotsoccer. Problem with both is you don't have to put in all teams you've played... meaning you don't have to post losing games. How can you be accurately ranked if you don't have to include losses? again, its no better than GS. And the other poster saying tx and socal are best regions (not arguing that point) but to say GS does reflect their ranking but here in FLorida it doesn't work... seems like a very ignorant statement and betting your team is ranked nowhere near where you think it should be...lol.

Comment

SINC is no better than Gotsoccer. Yes they rank you by the teams you've played - and beat, just like Gotsoccer. Problem with both is you don't have to put in all teams you've played... meaning you don't have to post losing games. How can you be accurately ranked if you don't have to include losses? again, its no better than GS. And the other poster saying tx and socal are best regions (not arguing that point) but to say GS does reflect their ranking but here in FLorida it doesn't work... seems like a very ignorant statement and betting your team is ranked nowhere near where you think it should be...lol.
                      Yep you are correct. In GS they are ranked close to 100 in Florida. In sinc they are ranked obscenely high. GS is to low and sinc is too high. We play very few gs tournaments. Mostly sinc. So if you beat us in a gs tournament, you don't get value for all the victories we get under sinc tournaments.

Comment

who cares about rankings? They're all messed up. I looked at the youthsoccerrankings.us site and, although better in some regards, it's still messed up. I saw some teams that are grossly overrated and some under-. In the end I think that rankings matter a lot more to parents than the kids. The kids just want to play and most couldn't care less about the rankings.

Comment

The best thing about SIC & GS is that those sites can be used as software for tournaments. In that regard they help with organization. If a tournament chooses to use GS or SIC for its scheduling, results tracking, etc. then, of course, results of games will figure into rankings. Other than for tournament software, the sites are complete garbage.

Comment

There are many ranking systems out there. Any thoughts on the Top Drawer ranking system?

Comment

There are many ranking systems out there. Any thoughts on the Top Drawer ranking system?
                              It's probably OK. ANything from Top Drawer should be taken with a grain of salt, though. It's a pretty crappy web publication. It's primarily for parents that want to live vicariously through their kids. Parents get off on seeing their kid mentioned on TDS. College coaches see it for what it is - junk.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X