Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if we banned parents from games?

Make it like practice and you have to drop your kid off and leave until it's over. Even just one time per season. What would happen? Are we afraid to find out?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Make it like practice and you have to drop your kid off and leave until it's over. Even just one time per season. What would happen? Are we afraid to find out?
    We tried it.
    Came back to a giant poker tournament.

Comment

Both parents would forget that there child's game is over because Mom would be shopping at the closest Mall and Dad would be at the local Bar..

Comment

Both parents would forget that there child's game is over because Mom would be shopping at the closest Mall and Dad would be at the local Bar..
        The coach is the first one into his car after practice and would never know if mom or dad picked up.

Comment

What if we banned asinine thread starters from Talking Soccer? Just forever to see what happens?

Comment

It would be a disaster! The kids would have no clue what to do without the parents there to properly instruct them as when to "boot it" and yell whoo.... Yaa... And great job when it goes to the other team. Also who would be there to yell "no not that way" when the kid plays the ball back to a teammate or keeper!!!!

Comment

What liability is there on the club when there is lightning and kids are standing under metal after the coaches are long gone?

Comment

With continued complaints about "pay to play" soccer in the USA, I suspect it would be "no see, no pay and no play."

Comment

Simple, no parents no players. We enjoy watching them play and will be there. If we cannot do that then we will simply play another sport. My guess is others woukd feel the same so youth Soccer will losr the investment and eventually fail to exist.

Comment

What fun would that be

Without parents there are no fans.

Comment

At which clubs do they drop off kids at practice and parents leave?
                      The results of those teams practicing without parents must be really good!! Show some examples.

I can tell you one thing: Check all the top performing teams and you will find very close involvement of parents.

Comment

The results of those teams practicing without parents must be really good!! Show some examples.

I can tell you one thing: Check all the top performing teams and you will find very close involvement of parents.
                        I think there is a difference between jr teams and sr age teams. My kids drive themselves to practice. Over the years my kids played at multiple clubs; most of your better clubs do ask the parents to stay back during practice. Watch from a distance if you must - they won't prohibit you, but truly once they are driving themselves, it's a good thing. Personally, I think if you feel you have to watch your Sr. age kid at practice, there are issues with "someone"

Comment

I don't think parents should ever be banned from a game but I do think we should be separated to a home side and an away side with a buffer zone at midfield. My younger son's first years playing, his coach was pretty adamant about having his families sit across from his bench. If you were on the other side, the team manager, politely, would ask you to join the rest. Kept problems to a minimal with parents. the coach, who could not stand parents coaching from the sideline, if he heard you coach, he benched your kid. He would also call out to that parent and ask you if you would like to come and be the coach.

If you feel the need to coach your kid, then you have the wrong coach. your paying someone that you obviously don't respect. either have the balls to walk across the field and tell the coach what you think or stfu.

Comment

How about DAP?

Comment

You soccer guru's think you know it all how about banning parents from all kids sports until there 18. Yeah that would work listen I am sick of the self appointed soccer parent who thinks they can dictate the sidelines in no other American sport other then golf or tennis are parents told not to be on the sideline and yell yes sure they tell them what to do just like little Johnny in football or baseball,hockey, lacrosse , basket ball on and on and on. I love the guru of soccer parent that think harm is done to younger children and the pressure that only soccer parents put on there kid lmao your a joke. As that kid did you hear your parent or see that dilly by your dad or mom and guess what the answer is no ..... Why is it only soccer parents are out of control what about the other sports. And if it is in all the sports and always has been then who gives a crap!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X