Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool FC in Florida

My daughter plays for WFF Liverpool south (we were one of the many families that TBU south last season)and I am pleased with how the season has turned out. Because we were a "new club" we were placed in division 2 automatically and in the USA league. Our showing for the u11 and u12 girls at region cup was amazing with a seed#1 for u12 and seed#2 for u11 heading into the next round of region cup. This past weekend both girls teams advanced to the semi-finals. With our record in league play we will be moving up to division 1 next season. We have played in tournaments with CDL teams and beat them. We have also been asked by cdl teams to scrimmage because we're are a good challenge and also beat them in friendly Saturday scrimmages.

New Club????

Originally posted by runningonbeans View Post
    My daughter plays for WFF Liverpool south (we were one of the many families that TBU south last season)and I am pleased with how the season has turned out. Because we were a "new club" we were placed in division 2 automatically and in the USA league. Our showing for the u11 and u12 girls at region cup was amazing with a seed#1 for u12 and seed#2 for u11 heading into the next round of region cup. This past weekend both girls teams advanced to the semi-finals. With our record in league play we will be moving up to division 1 next season. We have played in tournaments with CDL teams and beat them. We have also been asked by cdl teams to scrimmage because we're are a good challenge and also beat them in friendly Saturday scrimmages.
    You are not a "new club", WFF has been around to some time, just the name has changed. WFF and TBU are both CDL clubs. The only thing that has changes is your uniform, you still have the same coach (formerly TBU). So please stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Comment

Is Liverpool FC staying at the one location? WFF and Liverpool ended the deal and hear the south location wanted to keep it. Will WFF let them or will Liverpool hook up with TBU or somebody else? WFF Liverpool can not run on its own with out WFF. I am sure TBU will slam that option shut quick. The 5 mile rule or something like that. I hear most over at Wff Liverpool are happy with their first season there.

Comment

Wff/ liverpool is no longer. They will be strickly wff or they will be part of another club

Comment

Seeing as TBU took out a civil action against the DOC s at WWF Liverpool can't see that affiliation happening . Real world talk is that they will just drop the Liverpool tag and GH will take over as DOC .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            You are not a "new club", WFF has been around to some time, just the name has changed. WFF and TBU are both CDL clubs. The only thing that has changes is your uniform, you still have the same coach (formerly TBU). So please stop trying to make something out of nothing.
            I know that we are not a "new club" but in the eyes of the FYSA we were and had to be placed in D2 as trial to determine if we will move up next year (which we will based on our record for u11 and u12) or remain D2. Yes we do still have a few coaches from TBU as well as others. The reason we left was because we liked our coaches, our teammates and the parents have been great as compared to some other of the snooty parents over at TBU. All of our girls are playing, progressing, winning and HAVING FUN(isn't that what we want our daughters to do?) instead of being on a team where many girls sit on the bench (which I hear is going on at U12 playing up at TBU south). This is not fun for the girls or helping them progress. But I guess having ones child on a premier team even if they get little to no play time is important to some, then that is their prerogative. With our winning records in U11 and U12, we have had a lot of interest expressed from parents from other clubs about coming to try out. I heard that there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on to keep the Liverpool club because the parents, coaches and kids are very happy but cannot be at liberty to say because I fully do not know. We shall see what the next year brings!

Comment

Looking at Region C this past weekend for the U11, U12 and U13 girls, you will see that the top four teams remaining in EACH age group that USA has the stronger showing.
              U11 D1- 2 CDL, 1 USA, 1 SWFL
              U11 D2- 1CDL, 2 USA, 1 SWFL
              U12 D1- 2 CDL, 1 USA, 1 SWFL
              U12 D2- 1 CDL, 3 USA
              U13 D1- 1 CDL, 3 USA
              U13 D2- 2 CDL, 2 USA

Comment

U12 G DI - Strictly and Chargers play CDL, Cape Coral plays in SFUYSA and and Lee County plays in both SWFL and SFUYSA

Comment

can't count u13

Most if not all CDL clubs are playing state cup at 13.

Comment

Hopefully this thread stays away from CDL vs USA. the same comments all ends the same with no ones opinion changed about the other. Both supply games for your kids to play, be happy with that.

Comment

I know that we are not a "new club" but in the eyes of the FYSA we were and had to be placed in D2 as trial to determine if we will move up next year (which we will based on our record for u11 and u12) or remain D2. Yes we do still have a few coaches from TBU as well as others. The reason we left was because we liked our coaches, our teammates and the parents have been great as compared to some other of the snooty parents over at TBU. All of our girls are playing, progressing, winning and HAVING FUN(isn't that what we want our daughters to do?) instead of being on a team where many girls sit on the bench (which I hear is going on at U12 playing up at TBU south). This is not fun for the girls or helping them progress. But I guess having ones child on a premier team even if they get little to no play time is important to some, then that is their prerogative. With our winning records in U11 and U12, we have had a lot of interest expressed from parents from other clubs about coming to try out. I heard that there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on to keep the Liverpool club because the parents, coaches and kids are very happy but cannot be at liberty to say because I fully do not know. We shall see what the next year brings!
                      Not sure why you call the TBU parents "snooty". As for sitting on the bench most teams have players who have to sit on the bench at some point, I am sure sometimes girls on your daughter's team have to sit on the bench. If all the girls are having fun and progressing as soccer players then more power to you. Just do your thing and don't worry about TBU is doing anymore.

Comment

snooty parents from SOK

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area knows how snooty SOK parents are. So get up the snooty parents TBU bandwagon, because now you are snooty WFF parents, still SOK.

Comment

LFC will no longer be affiliated with WFF. WFF had many broken promises and are only looking to grab $$ from the S. tampa location. I'm sure there will be some news soon about LFC future plans.

Comment

Seeing as TBU took out a civil action against the DOC s at WWF Liverpool can't see that affiliation happening . Real world talk is that they will just drop the Liverpool tag and GH will take over as DOC .
                            And TBU lost that action.

Liverpool will be its own club next year. WFF nor TBU will have anything to do with it and neither control the parents or the kids. This mentality of TBU and WFF thinking they own players and parents is what makes everyone mad. From season to season, everyone has the right to change clubs and go where they think it best for their situation. No club controls this decision. If you put a good product out, people will buy it, but if you treat people like crap and don't put out a good product, people will leave. It's really that simple and that is what these big clubs have lost sight of.

They are fighting with each other to see how "big" they can become and not really paying attention to the needs of each "local" community. It won't work in the long run and recent history of mergers and failures across the area are a good indication that they will not work in the future if the intent of the mergers is not done with a focus on the kids, which none of these mergers have been. WFF and GTBFC are already having problems. I wish that the situation for these bigger clubs were different as there is a lot of talent in the area, but it isn't and it will continue to hurt the soccer community as they continue to fight over the wrong principles and for the wrong reasons. There is a way to provide for the local kids that just want to play and provide for the "elite" kids that truly have talent to progress to next levels, but with the egos of these boards and directors, that will never happen here. Sad but true.

Comment

LFC will no longer be affiliated with WFF. WFF had many broken promises and are only looking to grab $$ from the S. tampa location. I'm sure there will be some news soon about LFC future plans.
                              Broken promises? WFF was the one that offered a site and affliation. It was LFC that wanted the $$ and when WFF realised that is only about that things went sour. LFC wasn't offering anything to WFF or the other clubs they had gone to first with this plan. A name change, new new uniforms, and flags. Woohoo!! It was a mistake from WFF to even have attempted this when Chargers and TBU had already said no to LFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X