Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Social Accountability. That is an oxymoron when it comes to this site and totally undermines your point.

Who is accountable? An anonoymous poster? Own the post. This is exactly what is wrong today when morons come on a social gossip site with no legitimate points spelled out and takes no ownership and then we validate with the term social accountability.

If it's on the internet it must be true has become today's mantra.

Sad society we are living in.
    And often enough they respond to their own posts trying to feed the fire.

If the coach is that bad they should take it up with the university. Personal attacks on the forum are one-sided and are typically generated by someone with an axe to grind which may or may not be valid.

Comment

This is his first year - what does previous roster history have to do with his coaching?
      That is pretty funny. I haven't checked the website but if this is his first year he really isn't responsible for a whole lot just yet.

Comment

Thank you! I'm almost betting it has something to do with playing time or the upstaging of a upperclassman by a newcomer. Either of course would mean that the coach is just absolutely horrible and vindictive to said parent. Neither are actually reasons to believe the coach is either.
        This was my thought. Something personal like the coach didn't want to commit her etc. etc. Some parents have a hard time accepting decisions they can't control.

Comment

Who cares? Ashley who?

OMG- Who cares about AM. The guy has never won anything. How about a state cup? A high school championship? The dude has never won anything. How he ever got a college job with his track record is beyond comprehension!

Comment

AM is a miserable human being. He is full of lies.
            Well that about sums up what I know about him.....You forgot to mention his huge ego and abrasive personality.....The guy is a complete wanker.

Comment

My favorite Martin

It is a bad practice to hire local soccer club coaches for college positions. Everyone knows their business so to speak and has had time enough to form an opinion on them. Most schools go outside the area now days to fill most coaching positions.

Comment

Well that about sums up what I know about him.....You forgot to mention his huge ego and abrasive personality.....The guy is a complete wanker.
                Do you talk to yourself too?

Comment

Spot on AM.

Comment

Spot on AM.
                    ...and still no specifics regarding this coach. With as many people that have posted all of these negative comments, you would think someone could give some specifics - unless of course it's all been one person posting the negativity.....

Comment

Tid bits from St. Augustine

The story could be that Flagler's coach Ashley Martin cut a bunch of players in the spring season and is having trouble scoring goals without them to the extent Flagler is 1 win and 4 losses this season and has scored only 2 goals in 5 games. I know one player from JAX that got axed after ACL injury supposedly. Support and team morale must me low with many of the cut players and their families eye balling the ensuing train wreck is my guess.

Comment

The story could be that Flagler's coach Ashley Martin cut a bunch of players in the spring season and is having trouble scoring goals without them to the extent Flagler is 1 win and 4 losses this season and has scored only 2 goals in 5 games. I know one player from JAX that got axed after ACL injury supposedly. Support and team morale must me low with many of the cut players and their families eye balling the ensuing train wreck is my guess.
                        Unfortunately all too often new coaches "clean house" when they come in whether or not a cleaning was needed. I can "kinda" understand this with ACC or SEC schools, but unless we are dealing with actual problem players I don't think it is appropriate at a D2 school. Nonetheless it is legal, just not "socially ethical".

A coach should give the existing team a chance, and then just build his team with each recruiting class. Coaches who do this tend to create less drama and often have a quicker positive impact on results. They may often find that the existing team has a lot of quality and can very easily fit into his culture if he truly knows how to coach. Problem players with bad attitudes are the ones he should address after giving them some time to settle.

Comment

Flagler College Soccer

Unfortunately all too often new coaches "clean house" when they come in whether or not a cleaning was needed. I can "kinda" understand this with ACC or SEC schools, but unless we are dealing with actual problem players I don't think it is appropriate at a D2 school. Nonetheless it is legal, just not "socially ethical".

A coach should give the existing team a chance, and then just build his team with each recruiting class. Coaches who do this tend to create less drama and often have a quicker positive impact on results. They may often find that the existing team has a lot of quality and can very easily fit into his culture if he truly knows how to coach. Problem players with bad attitudes are the ones he should address after giving them some time to settle.
                          Almost all the Freshman that were recruited by Flagler to play soccer in the fall last season got cut in the spring by Martin. Two players he cut are now are starting at other schools. Some of the other players that got cut in spring had no time to find a school to play soccer at. Flagler pulled their money and some had to leave school because some could no longer afford it. How does a player go from being recruited and having a scholarship, to being kicked to the curb? The metal toil on the players and their families must have been tough to handle. I would think Flagler College owed those girls better. What makes it worse is the coach got rid of some great talent from around the area and I think it will hurt the program recruiting in the future. Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Almost all the Freshman that were recruited by Flagler to play soccer in the fall last season got cut in the spring by Martin. Two players he cut are now are starting at other schools. Some of the other players that got cut in spring had no time to find a school to play soccer at. Flagler pulled their money and some had to leave school because some could no longer afford it. How does a player go from being recruited and having a scholarship, to being kicked to the curb? The metal toil on the players and their families must have been tough to handle. I would think Flagler College owed those girls better. What makes it worse is the coach got rid of some great talent from around the area and I think it will hurt the program recruiting in the future. Stupid is as stupid does.
                            Sounds like the new coach pulled their commitments before they signed an NLI. If they had signed as of February 6, 2014 they would have a contract to play. It's unfortunate that a coach would callously cancel a verbal commitment so late in the process.

Comment

Ashley Martin is a douche bag.

Comment

Sounds like the new coach pulled their commitments before they signed an NLI. If they had signed as of February 6, 2014 they would have a contract to play. It's unfortunate that a coach would callously cancel a verbal commitment so late in the process.
                                Coaches cancelling verbal commitments happen all the time, happened twice last season to my daughter. PBA made a verbal offer with a decent amount of money to my daughter and informed her that she will receive the written offer within 5 days of her visit. My daughter waited for the written offer for 5 days and kept emailing and calling the coach for 4 weeks to ask about the offer with no response. the coach finally responded after 4 weeks of emails and phone calls and told her that her could not honor his verbal offer and offered a revised very small offer that most players would have been insulted by.

The 2nd school told my daughter there was a standing offer of a walk on spot and pulled that offer once they filled their roster with 35 players. it didnt matter to my daughter because that school was a last resort school.

I wouldnt say that a coach is callous for cancelling a verbal offer or commitment, its part of the business. It would anger me as a parent because it gets your kid's hopes up and smashes their self esteem but that is part of life, dealing with disappointment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X