Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody here taken their son to a club in Europe for tryouts ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    17 International Transfer Involving Minors
    Article 19 Protection of minors
    1. International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over
    the age of 18.
    2. The following three exceptions to this rule apply:
    a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is
    located for reasons not linked to football;
    b) The transfer takes place within the territory of the European
    Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player
    is aged between 16 and 18. In this case, the new club must fulfi l
    the following minimum obligations:
    i) It shall provide the player with an adequate football education
    and/or training in line with the highest national standards.
    ii) It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or
    vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football
    education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue
    a career other than football should he cease playing professional
    football.
    iii) It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that
    the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum
    living standards with a host family or in club accommodation,
    appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).
    iv) It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the
    relevant association with proof that it is complying with the
    aforementioned obligations;
    c) The player lives no further than 50km from a national border
    and the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the
    neighbouring association is also within 50km of that border. The
    maximum distance between the player’s domicile and the club’s
    headquarters shall be 100km. In such cases, the player must
    continue to live at home and the two associations concerned must
    give their explicit consent.

this is on fifa.com it is in the regulations for status and transfer of players.
    some friends of ours, who considered having their son go overseas, said the process is
    expensive. I think they said they were using an agency of some sort that helps with all the paperwork. Its cheaper and easier if you have citizenship of the country you wish your child to play in. The family we knew ended up not doing it because the fathers job transfer fell through.
    The only one that applies to American's is exception A. The child must have or be able to obtain a passport to the country, and establish residency. If the family does not move, the child can live with a relative.

There are several kids from south Florida playing overseas in Europe. The best way to go about this is to attend a tryout or go to one of the bigger clubs camps to see if they are interested.

Comment

I'd like this to be a serious and informative thread for those who have talented and serious kids who want to follow their dream of playing soccer at the highest level.

So.... I have a son who plays in an Academy in FL but wants to tryout in Europe or specifically in Spain. Has anybody here been down this road and if so, how did you go about getting them looked at ?
      My son play in the DA as well and has known about a handful of players he has played with or knows locally go to Germany, Sweden, Denmark, even Bulgaria. From the looks of it, it does not seem to be that difficult to get a try if you are a pretty decent player. However, quite often I see that they are in 3rd and 4th division teams so why not try to stay in the DA?

Comment

I'd like this to be a serious and informative thread for those who have talented and serious kids who want to follow their dream of playing soccer at the highest level.

So.... I have a son who plays in an Academy in FL but wants to tryout in Europe or specifically in Spain. Has anybody here been down this road and if so, how did you go about getting them looked at ?
        Haaa! Haaaaa! You're kidding, right? Haaaaa! Send a US kid for a "tryout" in Europe? What do you think this is, "Trouble With The Curve"? Haaaa! Haaaaaa! If they don't come looking for you in the US then you are not welcome in Europe! Tryout? ***? Really? Just walk up to FC Barcelona and ask Messi's coach for a tryout? Haaa! Haaaaa! Does your kid run at least a 4.5-40? Does he play on the USYNT and lead the country in goals...in the entire history of the USYNT? Or is your kid a keeper and is he at least 6'4" and stood out on our National Team and has a 0 goals allowed "average"? No?! Haaaa! Haaaaaaa!
        Yes, you should send your kid to Europe for a tryout! They always need people to mow the grass and polish Messi's boots! Tryout in Europe! Haaaa! Haaaaaa! That would be like a high schooler going to the New England Patriots and asking for a tryout for QB! Haaaa! Haaaaaa!

Comment

10 year old signs with FC Barcelona

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp2416

Comment

Yes, the level overseas is much higher, but I heard of four south Florida kids that are playing in Europe. They practice longer, play with higher level kids, and are trained by higher level coaches. The closest thing we have in south Florida is the DA academy, but it is still inferior to playing youth soccer in Europe.

Comment

The american athletes are playing college basketball in NCAA tournament or college football, Can you imagine Derrick rose as a soccer player? The level of youth soccer past U13-U14 is mediocre here. Don't fool yourself the competition is very hard, there are 10x the number of kids playing soccer in Africa , europe and south America that will beat any US kid by far. There are hundreds of academies in europe and south america and each kid has a 1% chance from those academies every year to make a living in soccer, the numbers are staggering

Look at Julian Greene he seems to be lost in Europe cant find a club. Nobody is interested in US players...You are in the US, go to school if you can't play football, basketball or baseball

Comment

If the kid has a dream and is good, and the family can swing it, go for it.

Comment

Please educate yourself a bit before posting such an ignorant question. US Soccer is a complete joke. Why on earth would any club, especially in Spain, take in an American kid when they have a million better players in their own country? Yes, I read the one story about the American 10 year old who went to Barcelona but what they failed to mention is that his dad worked in Barcelona and his company had business interests with the club $$$$$. Chances are high this kid is now back in the US getting ready for College just like millions around the world wish they could do. And do not forget that Spain has one of the worst economies in the world. Your "serious talented kid" would be competing for a position against kids whose only way out of poverty is soccer. How long do you think your rich (in comparison) kid will last before they rip him to pieces on the pitch?

And BTW, the best players in Florida are nowhere near an "academy" so educate yourself there as well.

Comment

You may be correct for today, but wait until EPL and La Liga players start signing with MLS while in their prime. It will happen. Better to live in the US than in Europe ( less taxes, more freedom, hotter women etc).

Within the next two years a major player from Europe will sign with MLS in his prime and the floodgates will open.
                    ...and the dork Klinnsman will still be pushing US players to go to Europe.

Build it and they will come!

Comment

Please educate yourself a bit before posting such an ignorant question. US Soccer is a complete joke. Why on earth would any club, especially in Spain, take in an American kid when they have a million better players in their own country? Yes, I read the one story about the American 10 year old who went to Barcelona but what they failed to mention is that his dad worked in Barcelona and his company had business interests with the club $$$$$. Chances are high this kid is now back in the US getting ready for College just like millions around the world wish they could do. And do not forget that Spain has one of the worst economies in the world. Your "serious talented kid" would be competing for a position against kids whose only way out of poverty is soccer. How long do you think your rich (in comparison) kid will last before they rip him to pieces on the pitch?

And BTW, the best players in Florida are nowhere near an "academy" so educate yourself there as well.
                      The best players that play their real age play academy.

Comment

The best players that play their real age play academy.
                        Yes, by all means keep drinking that $2500 glass of Koolaid. Good for the economy.

Comment

Yes, by all means keep drinking that $2500 glass of Koolaid. Good for the economy.
                          and you keep banging your drum. The DA program is recognized for having MOST of the best players in their system. Yes, we know that not every talented kid has access to the DA or can deal with the limits they place on kids. But, ask college coaches where they spend the majority of their recruiting time, and they will say at the DA. Simple. You bring up a cost factor of $2500? I'll gladly pay that, since it's a good bit less than what I paid this year for my son's "premier" team to play in Region 3, FSPL, and some tournaments! We figure we paid over $4000. Heck, I'm looking up the DA teams try-out info as we speak! Yea, I get that OC has their DA program fully funded, but not everyone is near Orlando, and I'm not uprooting my family to move there to save $2500.

Comment

You're telling people and the OP to educate himself. OK genius, please share with us your experience in this matter. Have you taken your kid to Europe on tryout in the past ? Have you been there and observed the kids play and put them up against our best ? Have you seen any international youth games lately from the U.S vs other countries ?

Or....are you just jumping on the bandwagon that any soccer player outside the US is always better than any US player. Did you look at the results from the id-2 tour to Argentina with the u14's last month ? They did not get blown out out of the water and they played in a country where soccer is a religion.

Do you really think that every youth player in Europe in any club is a superstar in the making ? You underestimate the talent of some of the best kids in the U.S I think. There are many kids here who are as passionate and come from soccer families who have a shot if they're willing to put in the hard work.

And BTW, the NBA is arguable the best league in the world by far. Yet there are many Europeans and S. Americans that are playing and have played in the NBA. I could go on with many more examples.

I think you should inform yourself a lot more or only speak from experience in the future. I'm almost certain you never took your son to any European youth tryouts and you're just going by what you read on TS or what a friend told you. Or... by the way you write, you're probably very young or incredibly immature.

Comment

The bottom line is that you either need an EU passport for your kid or the ability to move there. Even moving there isn't much help once they reach "professional" age as it's getting tougher and tougher for foreigners to register and play under EU FA's.

Comment

Reload this Page Has anybody here taken their son to a club in Europe for tryouts ???

and you keep banging your drum. The DA program is recognized for having MOST of the best players in their system. Yes, we know that not every talented kid has access to the DA or can deal with the limits they place on kids. But, ask college coaches where they spend the majority of their recruiting time, and they will say at the DA. Simple. You bring up a cost factor of $2500? I'll gladly pay that, since it's a good bit less than what I paid this year for my son's "premier" team to play in Region 3, FSPL, and some tournaments! We figure we paid over $4000. Heck, I'm looking up the DA teams try-out info as we speak! Yea, I get that OC has their DA program fully funded, but not everyone is near Orlando, and I'm not uprooting my family to move there to save $2500.
                                $2500 is just club fees. DA costs up to $7000 a year in travel fees alone. College coaches go where they are invited to receive an all expenses paid vacation with their families. They already know where the good players are and they are abroad. Just check out the rosters of any D1 school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X