Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 02-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like a joint venture. Probably a smart move. Prob also be much cheaper than FC Fury NY too as EM owns fields (which is what NYCFC prob wants) and I bet NYCFC will supply some or all the coaches and training. Great situation for NYCFC. St. John's must cost a fortune.
Does not NYCFC have their own complex in rockland county?
Old 02-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Does not NYCFC have their own complex in rockland county?
Training complex for first team, not academy. There academy programs currently at St. John's University in Queens.
Old 02-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Announcement coming soon and will be great for all involved. A lot of misinformation on this thread. Just take a breath troll, as all is wonderful.
It is definitely not a typo. The chart was rexently updated from saying East Meadow to NYCFC-LI.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
It is definitely not a typo. The chart was rexently updated from saying East Meadow to NYCFC-LI.
Interesting. Also interesting is it says NYCFC, Bellmore NY, which where EM is based out of. Probably a joint venture using the NYCFC name. I'm sure NYCFC has most of the control as well.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Interesting. Also interesting is it says NYCFC, Bellmore NY, which where EM is based out of. Probably a joint venture using the NYCFC name. I'm sure NYCFC has most of the control as well.
Are the MLS teams pressured by us soccer to get into the female side of soccer or is this for their own PR purposes?
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Are the MLS teams pressured by us soccer to get into the female side of soccer or is this for their own PR purposes?
Not that I've heard, but we all know the professional teams on the women's side can't afford to be supporting GDA - they can barely afford to pay their utility bills at this point. A MLS club getting involved with girls does present fantastic opportunities to run girls camps and training programs, which helps pay for DA. Red Bulls runs tons of them, mostly just for boys but some girls camps as well.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Not that I've heard, but we all know the professional teams on the women's side can't afford to be supporting GDA - they can barely afford to pay their utility bills at this point. A MLS club getting involved with girls does present fantastic opportunities to run girls camps and training programs, which helps pay for DA. Red Bulls runs tons of them, mostly just for boys but some girls camps as well.
But the redbulls have no girls academy. They have that successful training business for girls without it. Just curious why some MLS teams participate in the GDA and some do not.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
But the redbulls have no girls academy. They have that successful training business for girls without it. Just curious why some MLS teams participate in the GDA and some do not.
What other MLS clubs do? Don't forget we're the rarity with two MLS clubs in one city. NYCFC is the new cub looking to infiltrate. They may have concluded marketing to girls (and their parents) is good for business.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What other MLS clubs do? Don't forget we're the rarity with two MLS clubs in one city. NYCFC is the new cub looking to infiltrate. They may have concluded marketing to girls (and their parents) is good for business.
I see Houston, Dallas, LA, San Jose, Orlando, and NY. Just a handful I guess.
Old 02-16-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I see Houston, Dallas, LA, San Jose, Orlando, and NY. Just a handful I guess.
Well there's only what 22 MLS clubs in total? Can't imagine many of them think it's a worthwhile venture. Some MLS clubs don't even want to be doing boys DA and put in the minimal effort as required. Other than for marketing or money an MLS club would get little out of it.