Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 11-22-2016
Unregistered

Default US Men's National Team

Interesting article on the behind the scenes relationship with Klinsmann and why they ultimately fired him

Not sure who looks worse Gulati or Klinsmann

http://www.espnfc.com/club/united-st...-soccer-chiefs
Old 11-23-2016
Unregistered

For all of calling for Gulati to be fired too, myself included... think again

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/sports/soccer/sunil-gulati-us-soccer-jurgen-klinsmann.html?
Old 11-23-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For all of calling for Gulati to be fired too, myself included... think again

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/sports/soccer/sunil-gulati-us-soccer-jurgen-klinsmann.html?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/sports/soccer/sunil-gulati-us-soccer-jurgen-klinsmann.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share
Old 11-23-2016
Unregistered

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/sp...ann.html?&_r=0

Try it again
Old 01-18-2017
Unregistered

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/s...dual-nationals
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
great quote - "I'd do anything to be on the field. I'll play injured, I'll take an injection, I'll do anything. Anything. It's not just me; there are a bunch of players who would do that. But in order to be a great team, in order to be one of the best U.S. teams -- which we have been in the past -- you need everybody, everybody to have that drive, that desire."

The fact that JK felt the need to shop for dual nationals outside the US is a clear indication DA isn't working. He also told players with pro potential to go abroad to develop, not stay here. He's a lousy coach but he was right about that. and if his job was to create the best team possible I don't blame him for trying any and all options for players. That's why US colleges are shopping overseas as well. If they could find the same talent here they wouldn't need to.
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1974202]great quote - "
The fact that JK felt the need to shop for dual nationals outside the US is a clear indication DA isn't working. He also told players with pro potential to go abroad to develop, not stay here.QUOTE]

So fix the damn system here (or at least make an effort)rather than farm out development to other countries. Classic case of giving a man a fish rather than teaching him to fish. We need an inspirational leader with some marketing wisdom to get through to young players and coaches what is necessary to build a proper foundation to build on in this country.

Did Klinnsman ever show up at an academy practice? A youth game of any kind? Did he ever talk or attempt to teach or inspire the game to anyone rather than simply say, "Go abroad and learn"?

We need a 'doer' that finds answers to the true problems rather than excuse makers. Will Bruce Arena be that man? We will find out. At least the country as a whole gets such a man as President tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1974237]
Quote:
great quote - "
The fact that JK felt the need to shop for dual nationals outside the US is a clear indication DA isn't working. He also told players with pro potential to go abroad to develop, not stay here.QUOTE]

So fix the damn system here (or at least make an effort)rather than farm out development to other countries. Classic case of giving a man a fish rather than teaching him to fish. We need an inspirational leader with some marketing wisdom to get through to young players and coaches what is necessary to build a proper foundation to build on in this country.

Did Klinnsman ever show up at an academy practice? A youth game of any kind? Did he ever talk or attempt to teach or inspire the game to anyone rather than simply say, "Go abroad and learn"?

We need a 'doer' that finds answers to the true problems rather than excuse makers. Will Bruce Arena be that man? We will find out. At least the country as a whole gets such a man as President tomorrow.
Problem is you need someone who is not only a good coach, but a visionary who can design and execute a system that would work here (as opposed to what works elsewhere). I'm of the mind that the NT coach should not be the same person as the one running the overall program. The likelihood of finding a person who can do both well is almost none
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1974237]
Quote:
great quote - "

We need a 'doer' that finds answers to the true problems rather than excuse makers. Will Bruce Arena be that man? We will find out.
If you want this board to try and make it, keep the political BS off. Fixed it for you.
Old 01-19-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
great quote - "I'd do anything to be on the field. I'll play injured, I'll take an injection, I'll do anything. Anything. It's not just me; there are a bunch of players who would do that. But in order to be a great team, in order to be one of the best U.S. teams -- which we have been in the past -- you need everybody, everybody to have that drive, that desire."

The fact that JK felt the need to shop for dual nationals outside the US is a clear indication DA isn't working. He also told players with pro potential to go abroad to develop, not stay here. He's a lousy coach but he was right about that. and if his job was to create the best team possible I don't blame him for trying any and all options for players. That's why US colleges are shopping overseas as well. If they could find the same talent here they wouldn't need to.
Dual nationals are quite common in soccer. Majority of national teams deploy dual nationals. That's not a sign that DAP isn't working. DAP isn't working for reasons other than dual nationals